Quantcast Noticable air-conditioning change

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Noticable air-conditioning change

Has anyone else noticed how much warmer it is at the resort indoor locations this summer? I found no matter where I went -- MK, Epcot, resorts, etc... The air conditioning was not nearly as cool as in the past. Even most busses seemed to be set to a warmer tempurature! Not a good thing if you ask me .
    "Been there, done that, going back!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that Disney is pushing a big drive to be more eco-friendly and has individuals to join with them in raising the temperature before air conditioning kicks in during the summer and to lower the temperature before heat kicks on during the winter. It would surprise me that, as part of this, they have instituted this practice throughout Disney.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. That's the type of "climate change" that we should be worried about.

Post Thanks / Like

DD and I noticed a change on our trip. She commented one summer that she wanted the air to be so cold in the buildings that it "overwhelmed us from about 10 feet away from the door"...At the time it was occurring. Not so much this time...Except for our hotel rooms every afternoon after mousekeeping had cleaned our rooms... Brrr....
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I think that is great. People all survived before air conditioning and I think that most people can adjust to a few degrees increase to help keep things more eco-friendly. Also saves a TON of money.
    I personally would find that it was too cold in most of the buildings before, so would welcome the increase in temperature.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    I think that is great. People all survived before air conditioning and I think that most people can adjust to a few degrees increase to help keep things more eco-friendly. Also saves a TON of money.
    I personally would find that it was too cold in most of the buildings before, so would welcome the increase in temperature.
    Here Here
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is much warmer overall at the resorts than in years past. I'm pretty sure it's more about cost savings than an eco-friendly initiative. Maybe disguised as such, but these days it's all about the bottom line.

Post Thanks / Like

Another one in agreement! I tend to be about 10 degrees colder than everyone else, so bring on the warmth!
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

Ype. Me too! I always found the AC uncomfortably cool so I'm looking forward to not freezing. However, I do feel for those who are hot natured. I can always throw on a sweater, but there's only so much you can take off.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I want it cold! especially in the summer down there.
    I am hot blooded by nature, add extra pounds, menopause and Fla heat It is not pretty
    To me, it would be easier for people who are cold to put on a small jacket or sweater. There is only so much that I can take off before it becomes illegal
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back and I agree with the buses not being cool enough, but the buildings were very cool and refreshing. Even my husband who would live in Antarctica and still turn the air conditioner on, enjoyed the building temps.
    Disneyland many trips as a child
    Disney World 83 & 91
    Disneyland 94, 96, 99, 02, 03, 05
    Disneyland Grand Californian 2000 Holiday time
    Disney World Nov 06
    Disneyland 07 Holiday time
    Disneyland 08 June and Holiday time
    Disney World June 09
    Disneyland 09 Holiday time
    Disneyland 2010 June

Post Thanks / Like

We were in WDW in early June and to us the buildings were just right, but we did notice that some of the busses were very warm. Not all of them, but there were times we were looking forward to getting on a nice cool bus after waiting in the heat and the bus was about the same temp. as it was outside.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I don't really mind turning the air down a bit in the common areas like busses and restaurants, but I do really have a problem with the inability to maintain a comfortable temperature in my hotel room.

I like it chilly in my room when it's time for bed, especially when I'm in a very warm climate like Florida. The last thing I want is to come home from a long, hot day in the parks and have my hotel room be all hot and stuffy.

That's the one part of the change that really irks me. For what I'm paying, I should be able to be comfortable in my own hotel room.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just this past Saturday, when it was VERY warm outside, I noticed that Mickey's Philarmagic and Spaceship Earch were uncomfortable. SSE was extremely hot the whole ride.

We noticed this starting in September. It was rather hot, but it wasn't as cool as it once was. Like a PP said, you could feel the air hit you as you come up to the doors. I remember it used to get rather cool in places, and it was nice in the summer.

There is a difference in being eco-friendly/money saving and being uncomfortable.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree that the temperatures were warm inside. I am always freezing inside buildings in the summer time and my hubby laughed as I packed a couple of sweatshirts for our Disney trip in June (I know, I know along with Jorts and fanny packs sweatshirts with shorts have a real bad rep on this site! , but I gotta do it or I'll freeze).

However on this trip I wasn't cold once, hot often, and almost miserable some nights in our room. Oh well, we had fun and it was a few degrees cooler in the rooms than outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Yes, it is much warmer overall at the resorts than in years past. I'm pretty sure it's more about cost savings than an eco-friendly initiative. Maybe disguised as such, but these days it's all about the bottom line.
    This is very true. Disney makes alot of decisions based on the bottom line. Remember folks it's a business.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: