Quantcast Whispering Canyon

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whispering Canyon

Hi all - made my ADRs this morning and was very successful. I was, however, thinking of calling again, trying to get ressies at Whispering Canyon. Your opinion of this restaurant? FYI, it's me, hubby and three kids ages 13, 11 and 6. Is this a difficult place to get into? Thanks!
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We ate here for breakfast and it was great! The food was wonderful plus since it's not a character dinning it was very reasonable (for Disney). I think it was about $45 buck for DH, me, DD7 and DS4. We all had the skillet that they bring to the table. We are considering dinner this year so I hope someone can tell you about that.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it's not difficult to get into. It's very family oriented and can be a lot of fun for younger children and entertaining for all. Can get loud at times.

The food, from reading reviews, has gone down in quality lately but we enjoy it very much and recommend it to our friends.

Enjoy!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

We've always enjoyed Whispering Canyon. It isn't hard to get into, but like everywhere else, ADR's are needed. I've seen people turned away, or told that they could have dinner at 9:30pm.

It is fun, the kids will enjoy it. The servers are a real hoot. The food is good, nothing super-special, but yummy.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Went last year for dinner and won't be going back. Terrible service and DH got sick on the meat in the skillet.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

we had dinner there last year we had no problem getting in we had 9 pm res the food is great they pulled my husband up to do the chicken dance with a group of people.you will have a good time if you go there.we are going back in aug have fun and don't forget to ask for ketchup!
    Trips To WDW
    WDW-1991-Off Site
    WDW-2001-Off Site
    WDW-2005-Off Site
    Aug 2006 all star movies
    Aug 2008 POP Century
    Aug 2009-POP

April 2010-ASMu
    Aug 2011 all star music

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE IT. We go there every time we go to disney. Our kids are now 11,12 and 13.

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoyed our time there, liked the food and the entertainment. I remember seeing 2 different couples walk in and get seated without ressies around 6pm. I guess that is prob easier to do with only 2 people in the party though.

Post Thanks / Like

One of THE best, most fun dining experiences my DD, DW and I have ever had. We went 2 nights in a row last time we were at WDW.

Lots of fun stuff going on then, and DW made video of the men in the restaurant doing the "buttercup" dance. Embarassing, but fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Enjoyed it

We have enjoyed this restaurant several times for breakfast. The adults have all had the skillet breakfast which is all-you-can-eat waffles, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and fried potatoes. My son gets the french toast. I think the biscuits and gravy are particularly good here. It's a casual and fun place. We always do it on a day off from the parks and then spend time after breakfast sitting in the lobby and down at the beach. It is a really nice property to visit. If you are staying in one of their hotels, you can also rent a boat from here.

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo! Never ending milk shakes.....
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

Great place to have lunch or dinner, very reasonable and great atmosphere. We'll be there in oct...
    6-84/6-85-off-site,1987-DISNEYLAND,1989-DISNEYLAND (HONEYMOON) 1990-CBR, 1994-WL (5YRS), 1996-WL, 1997-BC, 1998-WL, 1999-BC (10YRS), 2001-AKL, 2005-POR, 2009-VWL (20YRS), 2010-BWV, 2011-VWL, 2012-OKW AND BLT, 2013-VERO, 2014-AULANI (25YRS) 2016-BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We had dinner there. It was very crowded. The tables and chairs were so close to other tables and chairs that it was hard to get up to go to the bathroom. The food was average. Nothing special. The service was average. Nothing special. We've checked it off our list of "to try" and won't be going back.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: