Quantcast Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 31

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Jon and Kate

I don't watch the show, but Jon and Kate have taken a turn for the worst. I don't think they should split.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So...Jon's going to take the kids out for ice-cream once a week? Why does he need such an expensive apartment for himself? I don't get it...

Post Thanks / Like

I think it all just boils down to the fact that their lives have changed so dramatically since they first met and fell in love... and over the course of those changes they've each chosen different paths. If they don't belong together, life is too short to be unhappy and to have your kids grow up in that kind of atmosphere.

I just feel very badly for the kids because I think BOTH parents have completely lost sight of who they were, how their life was, and what their values were before the show ever started. My family only has two kids, but my parents RARELY went out when we were children - my mother certainly wasn't away on business (which I don't understand - there should be no need for Kate to be toting books and as much press as she does with the success of the actual show) and my father did not go out to bars at all, much less until the wee hours of the morning with other women or on trips across the country with them. When you have small children, you stay home and raise them, hire a babysitter for the occasional date night, and learn to live with the fact of being a parent - that's just what I have been taught, personally. I think they both try to "escape" far too much. When you spend so much time apart, cracks are bound to form.
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way that they're going to cancel this show, Kate is way too money hungry to do something like this. Even though at this point, it would be the right thing to do.

They have not yet publicly announced their seperation yet but it's obvious that is what they're going to say on Monday.

I understand that Jon may want a place of his own but NYC is not that close to PA. If he were a good father, he would get a place closer to his kids. I can't help but feel like Jon just wants to run away from his family and all Kate wants is to be famous and rich.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    I can't help but feel like Jon just wants to run away from his family and all Kate wants is to be famous and rich.
    Terribly sad, but probably true...
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

I figure Jon's going to need an apartment or house that's somewhat on the upper edge becuse of his celeberity status. He doesn't want to be in a position where he's gawked at or attacked. It can be dangerous for celeberties.

But why NYC? That surprises me a bit. I would think he'd want to be closer to the kids and not all the way off in another state. How are you going to get 8 kids in a one bedroom apartment? Maybe that's just temporary till the whole divorce thing is settled.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Kate in NY a lot ? Maybe it's a 2nd location for the family . . .

Either way, I give Jon full credit for doing his own thing. I don't think that staying together for children (whether 1 or 8) is the way to live life. Both parents are miserable which makes the kids miserable.

They both need to make a very hard decision, accept it, and move on with their lives.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

He may just be buying an apartment in NYC to use as a crash pad when he's there.

A lot of celebs will buy a place in a city they visit frequently, because ultimately it ends up being a better financial decision that paying for hotels every time.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    He may just be buying an apartment in NYC to use as a crash pad when he's there.

A lot of celebs will buy a place in a city they visit frequently, because ultimately it ends up being a better financial decision that paying for hotels every time.
    You know...you might be onto something here. Both him AND Kate do make several trips to NY for publicity thingys.

I know just recently I saw that they both got some "motor cycles". He got a really cool Fat Tire deal and Kate got a cute pink scooter. I felt a little embarassed because I think she kinda insulted one of the chopper guys.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    You know...you might be onto something here. Both him AND Kate do make several trips to NY for publicity thingys.

I know just recently I saw that they both got some "motor cycles". He got a really cool Fat Tire deal and Kate got a cute pink scooter. I felt a little embarassed because I think she kinda insulted one of the chopper guys.
    Which one did you think that she insulted? Yes, Kate got a scooter but she donated it to Ronald McDonald House to have it auctioned off.
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    May 05-Bought Fairfield Timeshare on Disney Property
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

2008-Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never watched this show, but I'll likely tune in tonight to see what their "life-changing" announcement is.

Gosh, I think this thread is longer than the "Let's Go Cup Crazy" thread!
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

NYC is just a couple hours from Reading. Shame as i went thru infertility treatments and when I finally got my miracle, I gave up my $65,000 a year job to be a mom. I wouldn't give up a second with my girls for any amount of money in the world.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

From people.com:

After months of speculation, the 10-year marriage of Jon & Kate Plus Eight's stars Kate and Jon Gosselin appears to be coming to an end, a source close to the situation tells PEOPLE.

Documents to initiate a legal split were filed at the Bucks County Courthouse in Doylestown, Penn., Monday afternoon.

Fans who have watched the couple's popular TLC show – or read the voluminous coverage of the Gosselin marriage in the press – will hardly be surprised: The duo had long maintained a tense relationship, with Jon recently telling PEOPLE he wanted a less high-profile life, while Kate appeared to remain committed to their TV career.

In February, photos surfaced of Jon in the company of young women during a solo visit to see his mother, who was recuperating from surgery, in Huntingdon, Pa. The couple quickly attempted to quash rumors of problems. But in May, the scandal erupted again when 23-year-old Deanna Hummel was photographed driving Jon's car home from a bar late at night.

When the fifth season of the Gosselins' show premiered May 25, the couple admitted to having problems and not knowing where their relationship was headed. "Parents of multiples have triple the divorce rate," Kate said through tears. "I was thinking we were going to beat that. I don't know if I can say that anymore."

TLC promotions of the show are promising a major announcement about the family in Monday night's episode of Jon & Kate Plus Eight.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Triple the divorce rate?!?!?! If that's true, we're going to have some busy court systems with all the invitro/multiple births that are happening in the last 20 years! I think both of these "adults" are very immature. I feel so terrible for these children. They get a lot of support from the religious right, that will probably change with all this stuff going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    Triple the divorce rate?!?!?! If that's true, we're going to have some busy court systems with all the invitro/multiple births that are happening in the last 20 years!
    The thing that kind of gets me about her statement is that she's attributing her marriage's potential downfall to having multiples, and not even mentioning that the extreme media attention from their show played any part. Granted the two are related (as they wouldn't have been offered a show if it weren't for the sextuplets). But common sense tells me that they might have had a chance if they didn't have all the added stress of being in the spotlight.

There's a couple in Houston that are expecting sextuplets too and in an interview a couple of weeks ago jokingly talked about being open to any offers for a reality show to help defray costs. My first thought was "Gosh, I hope you don't do that! Just raise your kids in the normal, low-key way (or at least as low-key as six babies can be); don't raise them in front of a camera."
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my question ... so don't these people actually wager what the cost would be by having 6 children at once? Even joking that they would have a reality show to help defray the cost ... ok, how about you consider what you're getting yourself into BEFORE the invitro? The odds of multiples are huge, but your salary doesn't raise exponentially with each child ... DUH. It seems people save and save to pay for the treatment, but then forget that there's no money left to pay for raising the litter of kids that comes along. WEIRD!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yeah, I agree Beth. I think Kate is either A. fooling herself or B. being very disingenuous blaming their divorce on the multiples.

I think there are two pretty obvious reasons why they're splitting ...

#1, I don't think Jon is nearly as comfortable with the spotlight and "life in the fast lane" lifestyle as Kate is.

and

#2, Kate seems to have let all this stuff go to her head and, from all appearances, is now living life as a "celebrity" which appears to have turned her in to a bit of a witch. The way she treats Jon is just despicable.

Honestly, I don't think it's any surprise they're splitting. What is a surprise to me is that Jon tolerated her as long as he did. He must really, really love his kids.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Here's my question ... so don't these people actually wager what the cost would be by having 6 children at once? Even joking that they would have a reality show to help defray the cost ... ok, how about you consider what you're getting yourself into BEFORE the invitro? The odds of multiples are huge, but your salary doesn't raise exponentially with each child ... DUH. It seems people save and save to pay for the treatment, but then forget that there's no money left to pay for raising the litter of kids that comes along. WEIRD!
    Just another example of the kind of thinking that's largely responsible for leading us into this economic mess we're in.

I want, I want, I want and I'll figure out how to pay for it later.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?????????

I guess we don't need it anymore. We just get a reality show to pay the bills.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Beth, there is a couple from my hometown Tampa also had sextuplets after a daughter, haven't seen them since they had 'em last year. I think we're all just fed up with the whole thing. My grandma had 8 kids and did just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished watching the show...I just have to feel badly for those poor sweet kids. Not only are your parents headed for divorce, but the whole country gets to watch as they document it for all the world to see. I know that it won't happen, but ending this show is what this family needs. It's just so sad.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: