Quantcast Off site rental house?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Off site rental house?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences or recommendations for renting a house off site but near Disney/Univeral/Sea World. We're thinking about doing that for a week to save some money and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks.
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went with DH's family in March and stayed at Ginn Reunion. This would not have been my first choice, as I prefer to stay on site, but it definitely did the trick. I don't remember what the total price was, but I think we paid 500-600 each for 3 nights in a 5 bedroom. I think we originally reserved a 4 bedroom and ended up with a 5. We had 3 families (6 adults, a 10 yo, 3 yo, 2 yo, and 9 mo). It worked well for us as the adults were able to chat after we put the kids to bed.

The house was really nice. We were told the houses are actually independently owned (and decorated) and that as part of this community they agree to rent out their homes when they are not there. It was a beautiful house, clean and well equipped.

DH's family loved being able to have breakfast at the house before heading off to the parks.
    Erica

'83, '86 - CR
    '89 - GF
    '94, '98 - Poly
    '00, 3/09 - Off site
    '01 - ASM
    '02 - Swan
    5/09 - POR
    10/09 - AKL
    12/09 - GF
    Next trip???

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Renecat

Rented a house in 2003. Ask for a 4 bedroom got upgraded to a 5 bedroom. I just went on line a put in Orlando home rentals. There are many to chose from. The house I got was great very clean in a nice location close to Disney.
    Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

We rented a house for a large family trip several years ago and it was a great experience. We used All-Star Vacation Homes. I do prefer to be onsite, but it was a very economical way to bring a large group.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

All StarVacation homes are terrific. We did a week there around Christmas and had A 7 bedroom house with a screened in pool It was beautiful, fully equiped and very close to WDW. We are going back this year, I highly reccomend them.
    Disney Villas 1986/CR 1988/Dolphin 1992/POR-GF 1996/WL 1997/CBR 1999/WL 2001/BC 2003/POFQ-HHR 2004/BWV-VWL 2005/POLY 2006/ AKL 2006/YC 2007/Wonder-BCV 2008/WL-BLT 2009/POLY 2010/BWV-Dream 2011/CSR 2012/ YC 2013/YC 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm typing this from an offsite rental home right now, as a matter of fact.

We split our visits, 1/2 onsite (when it's just my family or the wife and I), 1/2 offsite (when we go down with my sisters and their families). This trip is one of the later, with 10 of us in 1 6 bedroom home, and 5 of us in a nearby 4 bedroom. We did it last year for 14 days (which made us buy annual passes), so going back this year on the same pass was a no brainer.

I've done a number of posts about the benefits of staying offsite. For a family with young kids, it's great to be able to get them to a secluded location for an hour or two a day, to swim in their own pool and just chill out a little bit. Since all of us have young kids, we enjoy being able to put them to bed early after a long day at the park, and then go enjoy the pool by ourselves for a few hours.

The cost is definitely much more reasonable. We usually do a huge shopping trip early, stocking up on bottled water and park snacks, which saves a lot every day. Furthermore, we have full used of laundry facilities, so we can pack light for a 12 day trip, knowing we can just wash from time to time.

Many on here say that staying offsite robs you of part of the "experience", but truth be told, I don't notice that. I really could care less whether I'm onsite or off. It's a 5 minute car ride to any of the 4 parks from where we stay, and I'd just assume drive as wait for buses.

If you're considering the option, I'd say give it a whirl. In this economy, every penny helps and offsite is a great option to stretch your dollars further.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySue View Post
    All StarVacation homes are terrific. We did a week there around Christmas and had A 7 bedroom house with a screened in pool It was beautiful, fully equiped and very close to WDW. We are going back this year, I highly reccomend them.
    Plus All Star Vacation Homes is a sponsor here on INTERCOT. I have always heard good reviews about their houses.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
    I'm typing this from an offsite rental home right now, as a matter of fact.
    Where are you staying?
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite