Quantcast Baby Care Centers- use them or lose them? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: How often do/did you use the baby care centers?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I never used them.

10 14.29%
  • I went to one if it was close by.

18 25.71%
  • I would make a trip across the park to use one.

42 60.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

It's too late for us to vote, but I would go across the park to a baby center. My favorite one is at AK. It's an oasis of calm in the park.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When we took Chloe the first time she was walking and the Baby Care Centers were great to let her get down and toddle around using their crayons and playing with their puzzles that are available. We also liked them for feedings and of course to change her diaper. I loved how clean it was! She would lay on the table and I could do a quick wipe down of her arms and legs with a baby wipe to sort of clean her up a bit - and then reapply all the sun tan lotions and stuff she needed while she played happily in a clean environment that wasn't a metal slab.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip our boys were three, so we didn't have need for them. But, my sister went when her youngest was four months old, and she raved about the baby care centers. So, I'm looking forward to staking them all out on our upcoming trip. Our foster sons will be 21 months and nearly 8 months old when we go.

Next up: November 2014
    DH, DS12, DS11, DD4, DD3, and me- along with my two sisters and their hubbies, ten nieces and nephews, my parents and MIL! As my youngest girlie says, "Yee-HAW!"

Post Thanks / Like

As a mother of 20 month twins (have been to WDW when they were 6,11, and 17 months) I would walk to the end of the earth to use a baby care center!

Everything with twins is double the challenge and it is awesome that DH and I can go in and change both of their diapers with minimal stress.

We fed them bottles there (in comfy chairs), fed them baby food there in highchairs), and fed them lunch there (at child-sized tables), we have realt come full circle with the baby care centers.

Once they get a bit bigger they need it less but it is still nice to go in an cool off, re-apply sunscreen, etc. etc.

I think you can go in with anyone under school-aged. I have seen many toddlers/preschoolers in there taking a break.

They are worth their weight in gold in WDW! Check them out!

Have a great time!
    First Trip: 1983- (Before 6 months old!)
    1983-Present (Too many trips to count!)

Important Trips:
    Dec 2006- Carribean Beach (Honeymoon!)
    May 2008 (First trip for our Twins!)

Next Trip:
    Sept. 2009 - FREE DINING!!

Post Thanks / Like

They are a great resource!

We took our 2YO there once when he skinned his knee because it was close and we did not have band-aids (Such terrible parents at Disney, lol). They either had band aids or called 1st aid over who fixed him up. He got stickers and was well taken care of.

They have lil' potties for the kids, and its an oasis among the madness sometimes. Very helpful if you have lil' ones. Its almost one of disney's best kept secrets.
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll find the baby care centers wonderful! Their so nice! Everything is right there at your disposal. It really a comfortable, home feeling! I also think it will be even more helpful in the hot florida summer. Being able to take the little one in out of the heat and rock in the rocking chair for a bit or just relax and decompress will be great!! Definitely take advantage of them!

Also, the changing tables in the baby care centers are nice padded tables much like one you'd have at home. The changing tables in the bathrooms are hard metal and don't have safety straps.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip!!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I casually stumbled into a Baby Care Center with my 12month old son just to check it out and I was amazed by how nice they are. Disney has thought of everything! The dark, quiet nursing rooms were perfect and I was amazed by how a 5 minute stint in there could recharge my son. The changing tables were awesome too. They are big, comfy, and clean. I also liked that they kept a pretty good supply of emergency supplies for sale. Best of all, they were never crowded. It was such a nice way to get out of the chaos for a couple of minutes and let DS wind down.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

There is also a waiting room out front with chairs for other family members that don't need to go in the back. But there were plenty of chairs for us to sit in and rest while DD was feeding the baby. DGS got sick once and she was able to take him in there and clean him up and cool him off. Both she and her DH were able to clean up too since DGS was sick all over both of them. Very nice place.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: