Quantcast Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 27

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I got really teared up last night as I watched the season opener. The one thing that I'm suprised at is that neither of them has mentioned counseling. I really hope that they think about the impact a divorce will have on their children and get counseling. Forget about the show, and think about their family. I'm suprised that a counselor hasn't stepped up to offer their services for free.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meldan98 View Post
    I got really teared up last night as I watched the season opener. The one thing that I'm suprised at is that neither of them has mentioned counseling. I really hope that they think about the impact a divorce will have on their children and get counseling. Forget about the show, and think about their family. I'm suprised that a counselor hasn't stepped up to offer their services for free.
    I'm sure Dr. Phil is waiting in the wings.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I'm sure Dr. Phil is waiting in the wings.
    You know that old hack is looking for a reason to exploit the situation and get some camera time for himself.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I used to watch the show pretty much all the time. However, Kate became very annoying the way she treated Jon like another kid. I also thought she was a snob before all this stuff came out to prove she is.

I did not watch last night as I did not want to make the ratings jump but read about it. To even make a statement that "this is so hard" shows a lot of guts. You make $75,000 a show and live in a 1.2 million dollar house. I imagine there are folks out there with several kids who have two parents without jobs, I know some of them.

The best thing to do is to quit doing the show and fix your family. However, Kate is too caught up in being a celebrity and doing speaking tours at churches to stop. Oh my
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I was watching the marathon off and on over the weekend. At the end of the episode when they renewed their vows (just last year, mind you!), they were on the chair discussing the "circle of love" and Jon had said that, yes, there was a lot of love in that circle. Kate went and slapped him! Pretty darned hard! I was thinking what the heck! The guy just said something sweet and romantic and she hits him for it.

Yes, I really hope they get counseling. She needs to learn to chill out and soften up but he also needs to learn how to stand up for himself and not allow her abuse to continue.
    Last edited by Melanie; 05-26-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: TOS

Post Thanks / Like

Kate said it is sad that the kids called her the babysitters name. That sure tells you how little she is home.

Jon does not want the show anymore.... and he is right, it is not good for the family. They need to grow up free, not prisoners of paparazzi.

They dont' need Kate to make millions to be happy. I know many families of 10 that live perfectly fine on a fraction of that.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw Kate's touring schedule. Basically she is away for a week, home for a week, away for a week, home for a week. How fair is that to the kids? Seriously, they've made enough money at this point that if they save it up and spend accordingly, they should be set. I know that everyone is upset with Jon right now, but Kate did say that something has been wrong for 6 months now. 6 months, and they still haven't addressed it. What if it's true that she's allowing an open marriage, but they have to keep up appearances for the show? As Pink already stated, Aunt Jodi and Uncle Kevin (Kate's brother) gave taped interviews stating that Jon came to their house 6 months ago and said that Kate told him the marriage was over etc. Their main reason for "exposing the truth" is supposedly to beg people not to watch and to get the show canceled and protect the kids. If that is true, no wonder Jon looks so miserable.

At this point for me, it's total schadenfreude. I can't help but tune in to the trainwreck, even though I know the only way it will stop is if the ratings go down.

By the way, Michael (NotAGeek) You were right on the money (literally) when this subject came up about a year ago, comparing Jon + Kate to shows with Dina Lohan and Denise Richards. I feel that Jon + Kate didn't start out to be a money making exploitative machine, but it sure has turned into that.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    By the way, Michael (NotAGeek) You were right on the money (literally) when this subject came up about a year ago, comparing Jon + Kate to shows with Dina Lohan and Denise Richards. I feel that Jon + Kate didn't start out to be a money making exploitative machine, but it sure has turned into that.

At this point, who cares what her travel schedule is? This is a money maker and her job, she said it herself ... so if she's away for a week making money ... so be it. She should ride her celebrity for all its worth, cause it won't last forever. Then what? A real job? teacher's salary with 8 kids acting as a single mother and no one in your family will have anything to do with you thanks to your attitude? There's your reality, TV not included.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I have 3 little girls the same age as these kids, the minute that I heard that babysitter name comment, that would've been it for me, but that's just me. Sadly I guess we'll see these kids on some rehab show

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone find it strange that the kids might call Kate the "babysitters name" and they get "upset" when Jon simply "goes to work"?

Them getting upset about Daddy having to go to work is nothing "new"...they've said this on other episodes. They don't seem to say much about Kate leaving for a weekend or a week.

FYI...I caught the episode last night. Very sad. I think it can be worked through but...there needs to be some changes. I kinda sensed Jon would rather "scrimp" at a regular job than have this anymore. No doubt he appreciates the money but he's tired of the cameras. And the reason he "kept disappearing" was because Kate kept ordering him "home" to get stuff.

I really hope they enlist in a professional marriage counselor PRIVATELY and NOT Dr Phil. I think there's still room to "save" the marriage.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    I really hope they enlist in a professional marriage counselor PRIVATELY and NOT Dr Phil. I think there's still room to "save" the marriage.
    Really? I am curious why you would say that there's room to "save" the marriage ... I have no more insight than anyone else that watches TV ... and from the episode I saw they HATE each other. Just because there's more kids then they should have EVER had doesn't mean they should be forced to work it out if they are miserable. I think the saddest part if they put themselves in this position in the first place.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking ahead at upcoming show info and on Monday, June 1st, 9pm est, the NEW show is about Kate and her birthday surprise...it says that the 8 kids get help from Duff to make a special surprise cake for her birthday...doesn't sound like Jon is in that episode. The one after at 9:30 is titled "Sun, Seashells and Scrapes".

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Kate has already been on Dr. Phil's show as an "expert" on the Octomom nonsense and stated then that she couldn't have done the whole +8 thing without Jon's support. How things change.
    Jon seems to be really enjoying the more money and the lifestyle that goes with it for all the complaining about their envolvement with the show. That sure was a cute little spiffy new car he was driving.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    okay so here is my after watching the show

I think this episode might have surprised alot of people, because Jon came off as the one who didn't want to be there, And Kate wanted to work on things she said "she is here to work on things whenever work doesn't have her else where" and jon just said "he is there for his kids". I always sided with Jon alot but it seems like Kate is the one who is really upset and hurting over the situation and wants to make things work in their marriage, And Jon seems like he is done with the marriage, and doesn't act like he really cares if they split up.

The sadest part of the birthday party was when alexis said to jon "daddy I don't want you to leave anymore" and jon said "well daddy's have to work to" and after she left, he then kinda rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulder's. I think he really seems upset he is the one at home with the kids and kate is out. But they are his kids too, they aren't Kate's kids that he is babysitting.
    I agree! It's obvious that Kate isn't perfect and that she expects a lot, but when you father 8 children it requires a lot. In the beginning when Jon worked Kate stayed home with the kids by herself. She knows what it's like. It irritates me that everyone assumes the kids are Kate's responsibility. These kids have 2 parents. Jon's role is not to help out, but to be an equal partner in child rearing.

I think the only reason Kate made a big deal about being by herself for the weekend was the timing with the birthday party preparations and pointing out that Jon does not do it all as he has made it seem.

I do think they need to quit the show though. They don't need the publicity right now and there's too much stress which can't be good for the kids. However, I understand that the finances have to be a huge consideration. Supporting 8 kids isn't cheap even if done modestly. What about college tuition for 8?
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Jon seems to be really enjoying the more money and the lifestyle that goes with it for all the complaining about their envolvement with the show. That sure was a cute little spiffy new car he was driving.
    I noticed that the car was a two seater...Maybe there is a huge sign right there...Eight kids and a small sports car...He wouldn't even be able to drive them around anyway, kids can't sit in the front seat...

Tell me how either of them had time to go out and get with someone else...I have 3 and have it hard finding time to take a shower much less going out until late in the night and being without my kids...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    I do think they need to quit the show though. They don't need the publicity right now and there's too much stress which can't be good for the kids. However, I understand that the finances have to be a huge consideration. Supporting 8 kids isn't cheap even if done modestly. What about college tuition for 8?
    Product placement...did you notice Jon was wearing an IU shirt at the b-day party? J/K

I actully haven't watched this show in forever, but ran across this one last night (how can you miss it since TLC is playing it over and over). I have to agree with NotaGeek...sure two parent families are preferred, but if the parents are miserabe does that make it better for the kids?
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...talking about milking the cash cow!

Jon & Kate Plus 8 plus a record 9.8 million equals no regrets.

That's the word from the suits at TLC, who have apparently no problem milking Jon and Kate Gosselin's alleged marital misadventures for all they're worth.

"The show's ratings have grown consistently, as there has been interest in these real-life issues of this real-life family," TLC said in a statement. "We will continue to air as the interest continues, and the family wants to do it."

In the wake of the monster season premiere Monday—the most-watched program of any channel on Memorial Day and the best ratings ever for TLC—and perhaps knowing that this could be the season, the network also confirmed that there would be a whopping 40 episodes, double the previous season order.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

(Kate + 8) - Jon = ????????

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    (Kate + 8) - Jon = ????????
    = years of therapy for the kids.

5 girls dealing with "absent daddy" issues at some point in their lives.

I'm sure that all 8 will have some massive issues relating to growing up in their fishbowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone catch the Early Show yesterday? Jodi and Kevin were on there and told some of the background on what is happening, has happened. They said the renewal of vows was strickly for ratings. It is an eye opener. Go to the web site and watch it or go to Jodi's sister's blog, The Truth Shall Set You Free, and read her October post and the one yesterday or today about yesterday's program.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: