Quantcast American Idol Season 8 - Page 26

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OH I get you now! I thought you meant the stage production, not the actual overall production of the show. Well I kind of agree with you there, something has definitely been lacking this season, and It may have been Nigel's touch.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Um. Guys... it's not like Kara wrote this song last week. .

By the sounds of it, I'm not so sure about that.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stich8818 View Post
    Adam is going to the winner I am not taking anything away from him and he is very talented. But I just have never seen the judges just award the competiotion to someone so early.
    Did you watch last year with David Cook? How about the year that Jordin Sparks won? I think they have been all too prone to tip their hats to one of the contestants early on in previous seasons, too. And then they always try to make it seem close again by the finale.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Did you watch last year with David Cook? How about the year that Jordin Sparks won? I think they have been all too prone to tip their hats to one of the contestants early on in previous seasons, too. And then they always try to make it seem close again by the finale.
    That's a good point..But for me I thought that David A was going to win..that they were kind of pushing him...Jordin I agree she was the one for that season...that season was week I thought.

And Wahoo!,,this is my 400 post!
    Last edited by Stich8818; 05-20-2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: 400 post!

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

Before the results I just have to say:
    Adam and KISS - that was cool. I enjoyed that a whole lot. Kind of brought back the teenage boy buried deep inside somewhere.

Theatric rock - that's what Adam should do. He could bring it back.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Before the results I just have to say:
    Adam and KISS - that was cool. I enjoyed that a whole lot. Kind of brought back the teenage boy buried deep inside somewhere.

Theatric rock - that's what Adam should do. He could bring it back.
    Yeah, I thought it was a really fun performance. And I'm no fan of Kara, but I thought Kara looked better in a bikini than Bikini Girl! That cracked me up. It has been an entertaining show.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

KRIS WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Kris won? But how can that be, I thought the fix was in for Adam.

Actually, I had a feeling Kris would win. I think Adam is the better performer, but I suspected the majority of Danny's vote would go to Kris due to similar styles. If Danny's fans were into the edgier sound, they'd have already been Adam fans.

Adam with Kiss, Adam with Queen, that was awesome. If he had the desire I think he step in as singer for Queen with no problem. He'd be a better fit than Paul Rodgers. Not that I don't like Paul Rodgers, but it sounded to me like Bad Company doing Queen songs.

In my opinion, Adam is much more the showman and stands to have a stronger career. But that's just my opinion.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Adam with Kiss, Adam with Queen, that was awesome. If he had the desire I think he step in as singer for Queen with no problem. He'd be a better fit than Paul Rodgers.
    I agree. Brian May should get Adam to sign on tonight. That is a show I would go see.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say this was the best Idol finale I've watched in a long time. I still had my fair share of fast forwarding some of the more annoying performances but overall it was fantastic!! I was SHOCKED to see that Kris won - I did like him this season but honestly I thought for sure it would be Danny and Adam in the finale with Adam winning the entire thing. IMO Adam has been so strong throughout the entire season and I looked forward to seeing him sing week after week. I'm happy for Kris and I'm sure this isn't the last we'll be hearing from Adam.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

In the end, it doesn't matter that Adam is technically a better singer than Kris. Kris has a better mass appeal. I think that Adam will end up having a career with more longevity and, ultimately, more popularity. Kris will do well too. Congratulations to them both!

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

There you go, DisneyPrincess21! Your guy did it!

You know, I had no intention of watching the whole show--thought I would just fast-forward through to the results. But I was pleasantly surprised with the whole production. Loved the duets with Kris/Keith Urban, Allison/Cindy Lauper (love Cindy Lauper!) and Danny/Lionel Ritchie. Sorry, I can't stand Kiss, but Adam with Queen was totally natural. Paul Rodgers just left as lead singer, right? Is the door open for Adam or what?

Anyway, it was a good competition. And both singers firmly have their feet in the door as far as their careers.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

YEA!!!! KRIS WON! KRIS WON!!!
    Did you see how shocked Simon looked!

Kara didn't look happy either..... GOOD!

Kris and his wife sharing the moment at the end was so sweet. He looked like he was crying.
    So sweet!

Finally someone I liked the whole season won!

I think that was the shock of the century because almost everyone gave the win to Adam long before the last weeks. And everyone assumed it was a given that he would win. Even though I am a Kris fan, l even thought Adam would probably win. But like I said last night, you either love Adam or hate him. So take all the people that hate Adam and add that to the Danny fans, Plus Kris' fans and he had the win.
    I wonder how many votes he got. Does anyone know? (I voted from him 10 times last night)
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    There you go, DisneyPrincess21! Your guy did it!

I know! I was so excited! *sigh*
    Now the sad part, I won't be able to hear him sing on tv twice a week.
    Now what am I suppose to do?!?! j/k

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

Well I went to the Nokia this year as I did last year with no tickets to the show. Last year I waited a long time and just barely got into the show. This year, I went right to the standby line and had my tickets in about 45 min. after I got there.

I thought the show was fantastic. I enjoyed all the guest performers. Not sure what was going on with Rod Stewart ... He didn't seem like he was all there, and as I watched him leave the stage he looked like he had trouble walking. Just seeing KISS perform with Adam made it worth the $20 bucks I had to pay to park. Luckily, the tickets were free.

Besides the guest stars, one of my favorite parts of the show was the look on bikini girl's face when Kara came out to sing with her ... You could tell she wasn't expeciting that.

I would say overall the audience was mostly in favor of Adam. He got much louder applause and cheers then Kris did during the entire show. When Kris was annonced the winner many in the audience was completly shocked. I looked around and saw many mouths hanging open. I really didn't have a favorite between the two, but being that Kris seemed the underdog inside the Nokia, I was happy he won.

Within just a couple of minutes after the show ended a Disney camera crew appeared from the side of the stage and came on stage to shoot the "I'm going to Disney World" commercials with Kris. They did a few takes of the commerical, and had him yell a few times in excitement of winning. They had a cue card for him to read from as he did the commercial ...Aftewards he posed for pictures with the cue card.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    Within just a couple of minutes after the show ended a Disney camera crew appeared from the side of the stage and came on stage to shoot the "I'm going to Disney World" commercials with Kris. They did a few takes of the commerical, and had him yell a few times in excitement of winning. They had a cue card for him to read from as he did the commercial ...Aftewards he posed for pictures with the cue card.
    Aw! I love those commercial's! I remember seeing David Cook's one from last year. Those type of commercial's always bring a tear to my eye. Can't wait to find the video and watch it!

BTW, YOU ARE SOOO Lucky you got to go there! I'm so jealous!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    You know, I had no intention of watching the whole show--thought I would just fast-forward through to the results. But I was pleasantly surprised with the whole production.
    I was the same way. I fully intended to just watch the Phillies game and then flip on to watch the last ten minutes or so, but I started watching in between innings and never flipped back to the Phils (which was good, because they lost anyway!).

I really enjoyed all the performances ... especially Kiss! I was such a Kiss fanboy back in the day. Loved seeing them back in make-up again!

Cyndi Lauper's performance was also surprisingly good and, even though he looked a tad confused, I thought Rod sounded great on one of my favorites, Maggie May.

I thought the whole Bikini Girl segment was a riot! I loved when Ryan said to her, "Well I was going to ask you what's new ... but I think I know!" It was so funny because as soon as she walked out on stage I said to DW, "Oh look, hon. She made a purchase!"

I actually also really enjoy Steve Martin's song! I know most people will laugh, but I love bluegrass music and I just thought it was a very pleasant, enjoyable song. I'm going to have to go track that one down.

And look ... in regards to the results ... I actually liked this year because it was a win/win. I liked both of these guys a lot, but hey ... I'm from Philly, man. Home of Rocky. We ALWAYS root for the underdog, so I was glad Kris won.

Plus, the truth is, we all know that Adam is going to be a mega-star without winning so it was nice to see Kris get all the kudos without it really doing any harm to a very, very talented guy like Adam.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Like I mentioned, I wasn't home to see the show live. When I first heard Kris won I was a little disappointed, but when I got home and watched the show I was reminded of how genuine he is, and then I was happy for him. Seeing Adam with Kiss and Queen was amazing. If he doesn't become a star in his own right, I will be shocked.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that was the best finale show they have ever had! I thought (with the exception of Megan's performance) all of the duets were fantastic. Lil was fantastic with Queen Latifah- she must have been getting some lessons here and there since her departure. I think that either way, both of these guys are going to have huge careers. I just saw Adam on Fox News and he was so graceful about his 2nd place win. The reporter asked him about the Queen thing, and he said there was some "interest" from them. He pled the 5th after that. Great Finale show- I had decided I probably was finished with Idol, but after that, I don't know.
    Who knew Kara could sing? My jaw kind of dropped.
    Norman Gentle was a RIOT and I can't wait to see more of him!!!
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default My 2 cents...

Another one who really enjoyed the finale show here. I expected to zip right though and instead found myself liking almost the whole thing KISS was eh, but Queen was great. I was surprised at how good Kris sounded with Urban. I'm happy for Kris, a little sad for Adam but they will both be successful, although Kris may have needed the win for that extra push.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: