Quantcast Pirate Adventure - Pretrip Report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pirate Adventure - Pretrip Report

Buzznwoodysmom got me motivated to get started. And it's making me REALLY excited and the countdown begins - 25 days!

Cast:
    Me - Kelly, 34
    DH - Mike, 37
    DS - Jackson, 6 (on May 27th)
    DM - Nini, 61 (tomorrow!) (and DisNini on Intercot)
    DD - Papa, 62

Dates:
    June 12th - June 20th

Resort:
    1 night at Courtyard Marriott Orlando
    7 nights at CBR in a pirate room - Arghhhh

This trip only came about because of the Buy 3, Get 4 Free deal. We are going to the world the week before Christmas and were going to skip the summer trip but couldn't pass up the deal. Last year we went the end of May to celebrate DM's 60th birthday and DS's 5th birthday. We were there on his actual birthday but his school schedule prevented us going the same time this year. Bummer because we'd be leaving this weekend!! This trip we've decided to try all new things that we haven't done before. So, new (to us) hotel and restaurants and we're trying a water park.

Day 1:June 12 - Last year's trip was a birthday surprise for DS and we wanted to do another little surprise this year. He thinks we're leaving Sat, June 12th but in fact we will pick him up from his last day of Kindergarten and head straight to Orlando! I used some Marriott points to get us two rooms at a hotel nearby so we don't miss a minute on Saturday!

Day 2:June 13 - Our first day and we'll head to Epcot. We're planning Sunsine Seasons for lunch (not a new thing, just good!) and Restaurant Marrakesh for dinner. DH and I are really excited about this place. I think DisNini has her reservations!

Day 3:June 14 - We will head first thing to AK, have lunch at Tusker House and hopefully stay until closing. This is one of my favorite parks. We'll go to the hotel, get dressed up for our nice dinner at Citricos. We timed it so once dinner is over, we'll watch the Water parade and fireworks from the beach at the Grand Floridian and then spend a little time at MK since it's EMH until 1 am.

Day 4:June 15 - Our first MK full day. Lunch at Tomorrowland Terrace (if it's open) and then leaving the park for a bit to head back over to GF for our only character meal at 1900 Park Fare. I'm looking forward to this. I know DS is 6 and a boy - but he's at the age that he thinks all the princesses are pretty and I'd love to have that picture of him with Cinderella before he I get the !!

Day 5:June 16 - This is the day that we pray doesn't rain so we can enjoy our first water park experience at Blizzard Beach. We don't expect to stay all day so we'll get there early. That evening, DH and I get a 'date night' and are going to Tokyo Dining for some sushi! DS will be going with Nini and Papa to either Spoodles (if it's still open) or T-Rex. My bet is they'll ditch Spoodles for T-Rex and some shopping!

Day 6:June 17 - I'm hoping this day goes well. We've only given ourselves one day to do HS and everyone in our group wants to see so much that I'm thinking we'll be there all day for the EMH. First things first - Toy Story Mania!! Last May when we were there it was during soft opening and the waits were insane. Lunch will be at Mama Melrose's and dinner probably Studio Catering Co.

Day 7:June 18 - Our second Epcot day (DH's fav park) and it has EMH until 12. Lunch is at Coral Reef and then dinner is open because we are going to try to catch Fantasmic since it's not showing the day we're there. So we'll probably grab something and eat it while we're waiting. Then we'll head back to Epcot for Illuminations.

Day 8:June 19 - Last day so it HAS to be MK! AND they have EMH until 2am!! Lunch at Plaza Restaurant. We'll take the ferry to Wilderness Lodge for Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. Then, head back to MK and stay until we're propping our eyes open to see the Last Kiss on the castle.

Day 9:June 20 - Heading home but before we do we'll probably either head to Downtown Disney or enjoy the pool at CBR.

It doesn't seem like there's much downtime scheduled but we've all decided we won't rush too much and we'll head back to the hotel when we need the break. If we miss an ADR, we miss an ADR. But, it's good to have a plan.

Last May, I did a pre-trip report and then the first day of our 5 day trip and never finished. I'm going to try to do better this time! Even if it means getting RocknBev to help post reports!
    °o° Kelly, Mike & Jackson - Nini & Papa °o°
    13 - Dream
    12 - Offsite
    11 - Offsite
    11 - CB
    10 - Disneyland
    09 - Dolpin
    09 - CB
    08 - AKL
    08 - Dolphin
    07 - CS
    06 - PC
    05 - PC
    76-93 - Offsite 6 visits

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay, you did your pretrip report. That was fast. It looks like we'll be at some of the same parks on the same days. We'll be at Epcot on the 13th and MK on the 14th. Plus we may be neighbors at CBR. Your trip sounds wonderful. I hope you all have an amazing time. We are doing like you guys, if we can't make an ADR... we can't make an ADR. We've all agreed to take our time and not rush or try to get everything in. We plan on having plenty of downtime at the pool. Let's keep our fingers crossed for low crowds and not too hot weather!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We will see you there! Have a great trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am very jealous just reading this but yes...as always I will keep up with your trip via the cell phone and post anything you don't get done!
    I hate the Pirate "boutique" is not open for Jackson to enjoy yet...but you will have a blast regardless. With you and your mom keeping everyone on a schedule, I am sure you will make all of your ADR's.

Have a great time....I will think of you while I am at the beach
    Glad you are finally going to one of my favorites..the Whispering Canyon. I can't wait to hear about the others though.
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Have a Magical Vacation
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like its going to be a great time!!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! Have a terrific time!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a fabulous trip! How could it be anything but wonderful with family to help?!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

OKay...you are home now....so start reporting! I am excited to read about the trip since I didn't get as many updates this time.
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: