Quantcast American Idol Season 8 - Page 24

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

See, Paula's choice for Danny I could sort of understand. I think she was being honest ... she loves the song and thought it would be a good choice for him. Remember, Paula's an 80's chick so she was probably tight with Terrence Trent D'Arby.

Simon giving Adam a creampuff like One, though, was a bit of a sham. That's a softball that's just waiting to be smashed out of the park.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

So, if I understand, there is no possible way that Kara could have picked that song simply because she thought he would do a good job singing it. Her only motive was purely self serving because of the enormous windfall she'll personally receive, and there is no possible way that she had any positive benefit in mind for the contestant.

I guess I find that a bit hard to believe, but that's just me.

So then, when they have the judges pick the song, should they not be allowed to pick any song they have a professional tie to? What about Fox or 19 Entertainment?
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Yea! Kris made it!!!! Now for my happy dance
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

It was tough for me, because I really liked Danny at the start and then he had some shaky weeks. I always liked Kris, but never really loved his performances until this week's Heartless. Both Danny and Kris seem like such great guys. But I had a feeling it would be a Kris-Adam finale. It should be close, because a lot of people like Kris. A lot of people love Adam, and half as many seem to hate him. If it hinges on a cheeseball finale Idol song, it should be really interesting.

As usual, the departure performance was better than what Danny turned out in competition. Once that pressure's off, they all show what they can do.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I was happy with the result. I think these two were, consistently, the best of the best and deserve to be in the finale.
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting outcome last night. I have felt like it would be a Danny-Adam finale for many weeks, but Kris has been my favorite since about mid season. Now I think he really has a chance of winning this thing as the folks who supported and voted for Danny will more than likely vote for Kris over Adam now. Just my humble opinion. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out, but am not looking forward to that looonnggg finale night production they put on!
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kind of "eh" about Kris being in the final two. On one hand, I can understand why he's there--he's a talented musician and has a decent voice. On the other hand, many of his performances have seemed kind of bland to me. I hope he really pushes the envelope next week so that it's an interesting show to watch. And I hope Adam tones it down a tish to remind people he can do more than "scream".
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Adam & Kris have been my favorites all along. I am happy with the finals. Should be interesting and fun.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sgdisney View Post
    . . . .the folks who supported and voted for Danny will more than likely vote for Kris over Adam now. Just my humble opinion.
    I share your theory! (maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part) It's always curious to see where the votes swing after someone is eliminated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sgdisney View Post
    Interesting outcome last night. I have felt like it would be a Danny-Adam finale for many weeks, but Kris has been my favorite since about mid season. Now I think he really has a chance of winning this thing as the folks who supported and voted for Danny will more than likely vote for Kris over Adam now. Just my humble opinion. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out, but am not looking forward to that looonnggg finale night production they put on!

I was thinking the same thing last night when this was announced.

An agree about the looong finale...plus it will run over still.

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

I've enjoyed Kris since Man in the Mirror - he's been my fave. I thought his rendition of Heartless was one of the best Idol performance that I've seen.

I think with Simons plea for Adam votes on Tuesday, added with Paulas poor song choice gave Danny the boot. The producers want Adam to win.

I can only hope that Adams smarmy grin is wiped off as they name Kris the Idol for this year.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If you noticed, Simon made mention that the top two vote getters were divided by less than a million votes.

I see that as possibly being bad news for Adam, because I agree with everyone else that most of Danny's votes are going to swing to Kris as opposed to Adam.

I would not be at all shocked if Kris won it, although my official pick will probably be Adam, pending seeing the performances.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    I can only hope that Adams smarmy grin is wiped off as they name Kris the Idol for this year.
    When I read this comment I thought about how perceptions can differ. I've actually thought that Adam acts pretty humble, considering the praise that's constantly heaped on him. He does tend to strut in his performances, but I get the impression that he does not want to come across as arrogant when he talks to the judges or anyone else. Of course, Kris truly does seem very down-to-earth himself, which I've always liked about him.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    When I read this comment I thought about how perceptions can differ. I've actually thought that Adam acts pretty humble, considering the praise that's constantly heaped on him.
    Same here. I've always been impressed with how polite he is to the judges and other contestants. He doesn't come across as arrogant to me. Confident, yes. But not arrogant.

I do agree that Kris is more likely to pick up Danny's votes than Adam. On the one hand, I wonder how much this will actually matter. I know that in previous seasons when my favorite contestants have gotten the boot, I usually stopped voting altogether. On the other hand, Adam is so polarizing --- people either love him or hate him --- that perhaps Danny's voters will have a huge turnout for Kris in an act of desperation to prevent Adam from winning. Either way, I'm worried for Adam next week.
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by citizensnoopy View Post
    Either way, I'm worried for Adam next week.
    Don't worry too much. Regardless of the outcome, I think Adam's career has officially been launched! (same goes for Danny and Kris)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    And I hope Adam tones it down a tish to remind people he can do more than "scream".
    I agree, I think if he plans on winning he needs to take it down a notch and do something slower because it allows you to just listen to how his voice sounds without all of the "added drama" I think if he pulled off a performance like he did in "tracks of my tears" "mad, mad world" he would be almost a for sure winner.

But that being said,
    I am still wanting Kris to win.

He's dreammyyy *sigh*

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading the thread but my job has been crazy lately and I haven't been able to do my in depth reviews. Sherri said she missed me in here so I decided to sit down and come back in full force.

I did think that Danny was the weakest this week and that he would be the one to go. One thing that I've been trying to do is to listen to performances before I watch them, if I miss them live. A site that I frequent rips the pure vocals and posts them. It's amazing how the performance can really sell the contestant. This weak, I thought that vocally, Kris was the most pleasant to listen to. Adam and Danny were OK.
    When I watched the performances, I thought that Adam was amazing, Kris very good, and Danny still OK. I guess sometimes for Adam you have to really appreciate the emotion in his face that goes along with the scream.

I was on Simon's side of the "Apologize" song debate, and I do find it mildly suspicious that it is her publishing company. Yes it was a hit song, but it's died off. In this of era of i-Tunes instant gratification, it surely got a bump with Kris singing it as do most other songs. And while I don't think that Kara and Randy should've arranged the song for him, they should've pick a song that he COULD'VE performed straight up and had it be knock out. Adam could've performed One with the original melody and it still would've been amazing, that was Simon's point.

And now for a mini-rant. Why is it this season that if a contestant doesn't change a song around, they are penalized by the judges? I mean, before Blake Lewis in season 6 and then David Cook last season, hardly anyone really messed with the original song too much on a regular basis. Now it's just expected. I don't think that's very fair.

I loved what Kris did with Heartless, too, by the way. It proved he could be current and take a huge risk. That really could've gone the other way.
    I really don't know who will win. I think Kris might need the "Idol" label more than Adam does but obviously I think Adam has the more straight up talent.

Some info for the finale:
    They will sing three songs
    Round 1-Favorite from the season. (it is unclear whether they have to do a favorite or can work up something new if they choose. I like to hear something new.)
    Round 2- Simon Fuller's pick (he's never done it before, it was always "Clive Davis" or a generic "Producer's Pick")
    Round 3- Coronation song. They will sing the same one, and there are rumors that Kara wrote it. That would be interesting...

And now for the star studded results show:
    Jason Mraz has announced via his official website that he’ll be a “special guest performer” on this Wednesday’s American Idol finale.

Mraz joins a list of artists who’ve already been announced: David Cook, Lionel Richie, Carlos Santana, Cyndi Lauper, Queen Latifah, Black Eyed Peas and Keith Urban.

Could it be that Mraz has been asked to duet with Kris Allen?

Rumors are currently flying around the internets that Idol producers are trying to set up David Bowie to duet with Adam Lambert.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay, it's Maryanne! Thanks for coming back. I'm happy to hear your thoughts on it. And the added bonus info on what to expect in the finale.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Omg! Katie Holmes and Suri were in the audience. I guess Daddy Tom let Katie out of her prison.. Opps. I mean HOME

I think it was wise for Adam to tone his performance down, Like he did in "Mad, Mad, World" His last song, IMO just wasn't good, Not up to his level of ability.

Kris was wonderful agin IMO, But you all know how I feel about him so maybe I am bias.

Neither Kris or Adam did particular good on the last song, But I think Kris did the best on it out of the two of them

If we are going according to Simon's counting on who won each song, I say Kris won!

Oh and BTW, Kris is sooo dreamy

Also, Kara CAN NOT write songs! lol

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

"No Boundaries" Yikes!!!!!!!!
    Yet another reason to hope Kara is not back next season.
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: