Quantcast Chase Disney Visa - Good deals for cardholders?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Chase Disney Visa - Good deals for cardholders?

A few years ago I got the Disney Visa from Chase. Now and again I look on the rewards site to check if there are any special promotions. I've found very few offers for WDW, and the ones I find don't appear to be any better than what they offer the general public. Right now they have the free dining promotion, the Aug. - Oct. one. The code is different than the one they offer to the public, but is it any better?

I'm looking to book a mid-Oct. trip in a Deluxe Resort (maybe the GF, Poly or CR). Are there any good offers exclusive to cardholders? (other than the 6 mo. 0% financing) Any other suggestions on how to get the best deal without one of those coveted mystical PINs?
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually the deals are the same as the general public...we just get them first...
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The free dining promo for the Visa cardholders is the same now as for the general public. The Visa card bonus is that the promo usually opens up a few days before the general public, 0% interest for 6 months, plus you earn 1% on all purchases towards "Reward Dollars".

I now have my monthly cable and cell phone bills charged right to my Disney Visa card. I pay it off every month (as I would if I paid the cable & phone bills directly) and I earn a few reward dollars in the process. I also pay my homeowner's and car insurance bills like this. I've only been doing this a few months and I already have almost $30 reward dollars to spend on souvenirs next time I go to the World.

I'm still waiting for a wonderful pin offer to find it's way to me, too. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

We keep a Disney VISA for only two reasons. One, the 10% discount at World of Disney in DTD. Two, the photo meet & greet at EPCOT.

I put all my charges on an airlines miles rewards card as I find that to be a better return for me.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Visa doesn't generally offer "better" offers....but you have the chance to book before the general public...in the free dining case, I believe it was a few days before....so you are guaranteed your first choice of hotel and dates...plus you get the 0% for 6 months on Disney vacations
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyandTink View Post
    I put all my charges on an airlines miles rewards card as I find that to be a better return for me.
    We use our GM Master Card mostly because we get 5% back on that card. We broke down and got a Disney Visa last fall but I doubt we'll use it much - 1% hardly seems worth it unless you charge a lot.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

I too have a Chase-Disney Visa and have found the same thing: the only real benefit is the 0% for six months. The rewards are pretty comparable to other cards.

A few months ago, a WDW podcast reported about a survey that either Chase or Disney was doing to see what other kids of rewards people would be interested in. Some of the questions on that survey included:

Would you pay an annual fee ($75 - $350) to have perks like these on a credit card:

Valet parking at your Walt Disney WorldŽ or DisneylandŽ Resort hotel during your stay

Private car airport transportation to and from the airport and your Disney owned and operated hotel at Walt Disney WorldŽ or DisneylandŽ Resorts.

Resort Refillable Mugs for up to 4 people in your party to enjoy unlimited soft drink or coffee refills at your Walt Disney WorldŽ or DisneylandŽ Resort hotel throughout your stay

A ride-along experience from the Richard Petty Driving Experience for one person

Entry for one person to one of our famous group guided tours such as "Walk in Walt's Footsteps." All guided tours include "behind the scenes" access, lunch, and of course lots of fun experiencing the magic of Disney attractions and shows with an expert.

30-minute lesson with a golf professional at one of the Walt Disney WorldŽ golf courses

VIP check-in service to expedite your hotel check-in and baggage delivery so you and your family can start your vacation within moments of arrival.

Get the most out of your Disney Theme Parks visit by spending an hour at the start of your day with a Disney VIP Tour Services guide. He or she can help create a personalized itinerary, arrange lunch or dinner reservations for you, and provide insider tips so you spend your time having fun instead of planning.
    20-minute session with a photographer from Disney's PhotoPass Professional Portrait Service.

Dessert for up to 4 people in your party at one meal at a participating restaurant during your stay

$50 off a spa treatment at Walt Disney WorldŽ or DisneylandŽ Resorts

One round of golf at a Walt Disney WorldŽ golf course (restrictions apply)

$50 recreation pass valid for a variety of activities including miniature golf, bicycle or water craft rentals during your stay

Access for up to 5 people to a VIP viewing area for one of Disney's famous parades, shows, or fireworks spectaculars (limited availability, first come-first served).

Admission for one child at one of Disney's children's programs at Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort such as the Wonderland Tea Party.

I'm sure the credit crisis interrupted any potential changes, so I wouldn't expect anything new soon. But I bet that there will be a new card with more benefits offered in the future.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post

I'm sure the credit crisis interrupted any potential changes, so I wouldn't expect anything new soon. But I bet that there will be a new card with more benefits offered in the future.
    While many of those things sound fabulous, I would never pay an annual fee on a credit card!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    While many of those things sound fabulous, I would never pay an annual fee on a credit card!
    I agree completely. For the cost of the proposed annual fee, $75-$350, I could pay for many of those perks myself.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: