Quantcast Stuck on a ride?? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Sept. we got stuck on Goofys Barnstormer. My DH and DS (4 at the time) were in one car and I was in the one in front of them. We were stuck for about 15 minutes real close to the end of the ride. CMs walked on the tracks to get us and gave us a Fast Pass to go on the ride again. The ride was shut down for a couple of hours and we never used it. The CMs couldn't have been nicer!
    Don't need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been--Mater

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Last trip to DL, my mom, DD9, and I got stuck on Monsters Inc. They cut the lights on and DD9 took some pics of Sulley right beside us, while we waited in the "car". Then a CM came along and we all had to walk out of the ride. It was fun to walk through Monstropolis!

Post Thanks / Like

in '95 we got stuck on the bottom of the last incline on splash. we sat there for about 25 minutes due to a medical emergency. talk about nerve racking, waiting to go down the chute!

i've also gotten stuck on the haunted mansion ride in the room with all the levatating instruments and mirror, ect. pretty cool place to get stuck since there's a lot of detail. and a nice cool place to sit on a hot day!

the funniest was getting stuck on pirates, right in front of the guys trying to get the key from the dog. pretty annoying, but the boat behind us didnt stop and nailed us, as did the boat behind that one!

the worst place was gran fiesta, at the fireworks scene. that song is about 30-35 seconds long, and i must have heard it about 75 times. Funny for a bit, but then just plain annoying! Wished it was the old Rio del Tiempo ride...
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

When we took the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK, the CM told us that most times when a ride stops, it's because the CMs are loading or unloading a person in a wheelchair. It happens routinely in HM, PotC, Peter Pan, SE and ToT. It's usually a 2-5 minute pause, then the ride resumes.

Last September, RnRC was down just as we made it to the head of the line, so we chatted with the CM for a long while. They told us that it goes down a lot because little kids try to squeeze their arms through the centre of the harness. CMs watch the ride over video surveillance and have to shut the ride down and walk the kid out, because they could fall out in one of the loops. It takes them about 30 minutes to do that, which is a bummer for everyone.
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

We got stuck on Toy Story Mania during the soft openning. The bar was push right up to my stomach and I was having a panic attach. My husband was on the other side trying to calm me down when I screamed I'm going to call 911 if they don't get me out of here. About 10 min later(total of 45 min stuck) we were going again. I swore I would never go on the ride again but after the panic passed I realized it was one of the best rides ever.

Also had to feel bad for the people in front of us. They had 5 children, must have been quints. The wife and husband sat with one each and then there where 3 by themselves on the other side. The ride stopped with the 3 kids side facing me so neither of the parents could see them. And here I was in a panic.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

I have only ever been stuck on 2 rides:
    I got stuck on ToT just as the ride vehicle came out of the first shaft and was about to go through the corridor. It was really creepy because the voice over and the music was still going on but we weren't moving. Some CMs came through a secret door that was mirrored like the rest of the corridor and that would not notice unless you looked really closely. They let us take photos of it and we went back down in another lift. Strange as it sounds, it is probably one of the best experiences I have had in WDW just because I got to do something that I normally would not be able to do.
    The second ride I got stuck on was the Gran Fiesta Tour with the Three Caballeros in Mexico. it was just before the end of the ride and we were there for about ten minutes. I will never forget the Spanish for bye.
    AK Lodge - September '03
    AK Lodge - September '04
    AK Lodge - September '05
    AK Lodge - May '07
    AK Lodge - August '08
    AK Lodge (Jambo House) - August '10

"It's the truth. Its actual... Everyting is Satisfactual"

Post Thanks / Like

Got stuck on Small World....needless to say, yes the music was playing the whole time we were stopped.

Also, have been stuck on the HM just in front of the cold hallway that was fun!!!!!!!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I was younger riding Peter Pan with my brother. We got stuck at the part where Capt. Hook is balanced in the croc's mouth. It seemed like we were there forever. For the whole rest of the trip we kept repeating "Help me Mr. Smead...I'm a comin' Capt."

Post Thanks / Like

I have another story now. My mom and I were riding Splash Mountain and we got stuck before the first little drop, right near Briar Rabbit's house so we kept hearing him singing! We also got stuck on same ride, after the drop near the waterfall. My mom hates getting wet when she doesn't plan it, and she was right next to the waterfall! She was so mad!
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

The rides that are most likely to stop for a brief period are the continuous loaders. Those are the rides that you have to jump into the "car" while it's moving... like Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan. This is usually so someone that is disabled can more easily get on the ride. These normally have a pre-recorded "please wait" message. When you hear a cast member, it's normally due to someone on the ride doing something that they shouldn't.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Post Thanks / Like

I have been stuck on Test Track for 30 minutes once! We kept expecting to be let off the ride somehow, but we just sat there for what seemed like days. It seems to me that TT breaks down a whole lot...
    "Have a Magical Day"

WDW Obsessed since 1984!

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, we got stuck in IT'S A SMALL WORLD!!! The boats weren't moving at ALL so we sat there at LEAST 10 minutes. To this day, my 9 year old says he will do any ride EXCEPT that one. It was horrendous at the time, but funny now that we look back on it.

Post Thanks / Like

The most memorable time being stuck on a ride was on Horizaons. We had to walk off and exit the ride car from the back of the car (the seat back part). We came out below the park and had to walk back up into EPCOT.

Another time we stopped on Buzz Lightyear, and an alarm went off and gates flew up on both sides of the last room where you get your picture taken. We stopped for a little while, but the whole experience was freaky.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

Several places for us:

HM: by the bride (so freaky)

SE: going backwards is great, time fro a nap

POTC: we were backed up once to Jack's first scene by the clothes. We were on POTC for over an hour and I loved it

Buzz: any time you get stuck, its great. Rack up the points!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I've been stuck several times on rides but the best was when my brother and I were riding Splash Mountain. (To lead into this he'd been teasing me about getting soaked on the ride in true brotherly fashion.)

There's that part AFTER the the big drop while you're in queue just to the left on the drop and the little water spouts go off randomly. Well, we got stuck there. And who should be sitting right next to that - yep, my brother. We sat there for about 5 minutes and he got sprayed each time that went off, and ended up more soaked then I did, much to the amusement of everyone in our car.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Worst ever for us was Test Track. We got stuck outside on the loop. Sideways trying to hold my weight off my son. Only a few minutes and we were moving again, but very slowly back into the building. We saw them take off a car that had burned-up something in the back (still smoking). They let us stay on the car and go again, DS was thrilled.
    I know you
    I walked with you once upon a dream.
    We've Stayed at GF, AKL, BW, BC, CR, FW Cabins, CS, CBR, AS Music, POP, POFQ, OKW,SSR
    Last Trip: SSR April 2015
    Next Trip: Yacht Club Oct 2015

Post Thanks / Like

any time you get stuck outside on a ride in Aug in 99 degree weather is TERRIBLE!!!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have been stuck on a bunch of different rides, but the worst one for me (by far) was Tower of Terror. We've been stuck on that one twice and I won't ride it anymore. The first time the elevator door opened up in the wrong spot and we saw a brick wall instead of the outside view. The second time the elevator door opened and it was pitch black with the elevator not moving at all. It stayed that way for a few minutes and other guests started trying to take their seatbelts off to leave!!! I don't like the feeling of being 'stuck' anywhere, so that is always something I have to contend with on rides. Of course, being stuck on something like Splash Mountain or CoP is better (for me) than being stuck on ToT or Misson Space where it's very enclosed.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, we got stuck in Toy Story Mania right after the practice round. When it started again, we were out of sync with the screens. It was enjoyable to have time to look around at the details. At the end we told the CM what had happened and they let us get right back on and ride again.

Post Thanks / Like

Stuck once on EE. The child in the seat behind us was NOT happy.

The longest time was on Splash Mountain, in the Laughing Place area, for around 10 minutes. Whew, did that song get annoying!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: