Quantcast Sea World area Hotel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sea World area Hotel

We need to find a base for our after beach trip to SW and DC. I am a Marriott and Hilton member. Hilton Garden Inn is booked for the time we're planning. The other properties are Marriott's. We could go more luxury and stay at Renaissance or J W Marriott. With these, we would be paying other "resort fees". Extra for breakfast and parking.

Or, there are two new Marriott properties opening in the Sea World area right before our arrival. They are Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inn. They both include free breakfast. I'm assuming these will have free parking.

Our plan is arrive on a Friday afternoon. SeaWorld that evening. Saturday morning, Discovery Cove. Saturday night ??? (more Sea World, maybe). Sunday, check out, Downtown Disney.

Thoughts?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's pricing info:

I think I've about ruled out J W. While I would love to stay there (looks fabulous!), we aren't going for the resort. We'll be spending more time in the parks. They have a parking fee and resort fee. Best price $159, not including extra fees.

I like the location of the Renaissance. DS would love a Sea World view (if we can get one). They have a parking fee, also. Best price $149, not including parking.

Being new, the Springhill and Fairfield are appealing. They are supposed to open in June 2009. We will be there late July 09. Both have free parking and free bkfst. However, we usually aren't crazy about the free bkfsts at these type of hotels. Many times we end up finding a restaurant anyway. Best rates are from $109 to $119 per night.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the rates, DSIL just stayed at the Mariott Grande Vista which was huge and had a kitchen(breakfast in room). It is near Sea World.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marriott recomendation

We travel pretty exclusively at Marriott properties. The Renaissance is nice--have stayed there--but really, I don't think that it is worth the extra $$. Now--depending on when you are going, there is some construction going on--so the rates are lower. There is a Residence Inn near the convention center which I believe is in that area. There is a Fairfield Inn right across from Universal which is VERY nice---much nicer than what you would think for a Fairfield.

You might want to check where you can stay under points too. There are Pointsaver deals out there.
    Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me

Post Thanks / Like

Sisterdisco, thank you for your input. I actually was just getting ready to book the Renaissance. From what I just read it has been refurbished. I was going to book it due to that and being able to walk to SW. We would still drive to DC, of course. IYO, would these factors make it worthwhile?

Otherwise I was leaning toward the new Springhill Suites.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renaissance vs. SpringHill

Looking at all the factors, Personally, I would pick the SpringHill.
    1) it is about $50 less + tax--you could spend this on something else.
    2) parking is $12. I NEVER want to pay to park at a hotel.
    3) Renaissance is nicer, but if you aren't going to be eating nice dinners there, and spending alot of time there.....
    4) FREE breakfast at the SpringHill. For our family, 2 milks, 1 juice, 1 coffee, cereal, eggs, bacon, waffle, that would run us about $40 in Orlando.

SO......while it is a GOOD deal for the Renaissance, it is a GREAT deal for the SpringHill.

Hope that helps.
    Have fun.
    Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at Sea World. Got a great rate($100)and i have been told it is within walking distance of SW.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: