Quantcast Which Deluxe for One Night? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Which Disney Deluxe for One Night?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contemporary

16 15.84%
  • Poly Garden View

41 40.59%
  • Beach Club

26 25.74%
  • Boardwalk

4 3.96%
  • AKL

14 13.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
    I would stay at the Polynesian and have a fun dinner at 'Ohana, enjoy the resort shops, and watch Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant from the beach, ending the evening with a Dole Whip from Captain Cook's. The next day, I would do some combination of a character breakfast at 'Ohana, 1900 PF, or Chef Mickey's (or Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe); a ride on the monorail to visit and shop at the CR and GF; and a swim in the volcano pool. Have a great time!
    Exactly! Great plan, April. I would also ride the monorail to Epcot and around and back, just for fun. I love that glimpse of World Showcase.

But as others have mentioned, if this is too much torture, to be that close and not go to parks, then maybe AKL is a better choice. But I like being close even if I can't go in to parks. It's a thrill just to see it all, for me.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I choose AKL. I would never pick to stay there because of the location but for one night its a great time to try it.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thejens View Post
    The Poly is certainly a good choice and is leading here, but I voted for AKL for a few reasons. One, I think it is the most immersive theme. The animals, the African decor and artifacts, the music etc. Two, I might feel sad to be at the Poly and see MK and not be able to go. For me it would be too much of a tease. Three, I love the pool area, jacuzzis among birds and animals, Boma and Jiko!!! I guess to me the other resorts are too tied into the parks, I couldn't stand to be so close to Epcot at the Beach Club or to MK at Poly and Contemporary and then not get to go. AKL is wonderful all on its own. I hope you let us know which you choose!
    My thoughts exactly. I'd choose the CR IF we could go to the MK. But I'd hate to be there, SEE everything so close-up and NOT go in. BW is another favorite of ours, but too close to EPCOT to not go. As you've said, AKL is an experience on it's own - GREAT theming, great views, great restaurants, great pool!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was a difficult decision for me to pick between my two favorites, Poly and Beach Club...but...I think I'd opt for The Beach Club for it's proximity to Epcot and Stormalong Bay. Amazing!
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Beach Club! No resort pool can beat Stormalong Bay. There is also easy access to the Boardwalk, a short walk to Fantasia Gardens, ice cream at Beaches and Cream.... I could go on and on.
    Jambo everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd get a new family. One that voted for disney trips. Haha! J/K
    seriously thought it seems like torchure to me to be SO CLOSE to the magic but not actually get to go inside the park gates!
    If possible, (if your fam will agree to it in the future & if your DV points are not about to expire) I think I would save up the points until you could do a real trip.
    But that's just me, I've been in central FL once or twice BUT not going to disney (ya'know passing thru briefly) and it hurts my heart when I even see billboards and stuff. If I can't have an all-out disney trip, I prefer to pretend it doesn't even exist

Post Thanks / Like

Some of my DV point WILL expire. I hate to lose even $1 of them, they took so long to build up!

I had thought about the being so close and not going to the parks, but none of us like heat very well without the ability to get wet (and this will be July). Especially DS!! I even think he would choose a pool over the parks any day! But, when we get there, who knows? We may all decide to visit a park in the a.m. before we have to catch our flight out in the evening.

I have to say I'm really leaning toward Poly. I really have been from the start, but, not having stayed at any of these resorts, I knew some of you would have other advice that I might not have thought of. The thought of watching Wishes from across the Lake really appeals to me. Poly is DS's vote, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading re the Poly since arriving home. I ran across a review that concerns me, though. Watching Wishes from the beach would be awesome, but, in the review, the poster made the comment about how crowded it was with people watching on the beach. People are fine, but I don't want to have to fight for a spot! Any experiences?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janet89 View Post
    I have been reading re the Poly since arriving home. I ran across a review that concerns me, though. Watching Wishes from the beach would be awesome, but, in the review, the poster made the comment about how crowded it was with people watching on the beach. People are fine, but I don't want to have to fight for a spot! Any experiences?
    I've never encountered big crowds on the Poly beach or had to fight for a spot. When we've been there, there were always plenty of empty chairs and space. It does get more crowded near the pool area, but there's plenty of beach to spread out and I can't imagine it's throngs of people out across the whole beach area, ever.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My initial response was Poly, but after reading your post I voted for Beach Club. The pool is supposed to be awesome and you're pretty close to the Boardwalk, as well. Someone else mentioned the Cape May Cafe, which would give you some character interaction.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Since your sig doesn't have where you've stayed in the past...if you've never stayed at the AKL then I would go there...your not going to be in the parks so the remoteness of it won't be a problem...and you'll have pelnty of time ot enjoy the lobby, pool and of course the savannahs.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

The Poly for sure....great food choices, nice pools, you can go and visit the contemporary or the Grand Floridian, you can watch the fireworks from the beach and see the Water Parade. It will be magical even if you are only there for one night.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I am biased towards the Polynesian, it's my favorite resort.
    That being said, you can view WISHES! from the beach (with audio), Electric Water Pageant and dining at 'Ohanas and Kona Cafe. The pools are great and if you choose to swim in the volcano pool, you can hear the Polynesian music being played under the water. It's also easy to hop on the Monorail (preferrably up front with the Pilot) for a nice riding tour of the resort loop.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I love animals so this was a no brainer for me. I would love to stay there just once. It looks really really nice and relaxing. Good luck with your decision.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been researching more. I've pretty much ruled out the Boardwalk. I thought we were pretty much set with the Poly, but . . . . in my searching I've discovered we could do AKL concierge (sunrise or sunset safari) for less than a garden view at the Poly. That Stormalong pool looks tempting too. So it's basically between those three. I did check out tripadvisor (LOVE that site). The rankings there are AKL, BC then Poly. I'm SO torn!

I had this trouble before when we stayed at WL! I'm terrible at choosing.

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at the Poly my first visit and then had to "downgrade" to a wing room at the Contemporary. Much to my surprise, we fell in LOVE with the Contemporary. When I took my niece with cancer the next year, we got an upgrade to a MK view room. It was UNBELIEVABLE. My daughters still talk about it to this day. So my vote is Contemporary MK view room all the way. But watch out as it will spoil you and nothing like it will ever compare in the future. We are doing DC too in November, I am super excited about it(probably moreso than my girls )
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Scootch, I just wanted to comment on DCL. You will LOVE it. I think that was our best vacation ever. We were spoiled to the hilt. My picky DH even liked it. I think I would even pick that over the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disnamic Duo View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I'd choose the CR IF we could go to the MK. But I'd hate to be there, SEE everything so close-up and NOT go in. BW is another favorite of ours, but too close to EPCOT to not go. As you've said, AKL is an experience on it's own - GREAT theming, great views, great restaurants, great pool!
    I agree with Disnamic Duo and The Jens about picking AKL because it would be a completely separate resort experience without the temptation of being so close to the MAGIC but not being able to participate in it. Also, not sure but the AKL offers a sunrise safari tour that's wonderful (I don't think you need park admission for it).

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

I would choose the Poly. Gotta love it!

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine the beach at the Poly being too crowded to see the fireworks. I suppose all the chairs could be taken, but there is plenty of beach to enjoy. While it was fun seeing the fireworks from the beach I still like them better in the park. I have stayed at Poly, BC and AKL. I do love the Poly and BC, for many reasons, but especially because of the proximity to parks. To me AKL is the only one that stands on its own. You can't go wrong tho, so don't stress it!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media: