Quantcast Construction in MK {Tomorrowland}

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Construction in MK {Tomorrowland}

has anyone heard anything about the construction going on in tomorrowland? i heard something about stitch, but i wondered if anyone else knew.

also... if this has been discussed somewhere and i missed it please direct me to the right direction.
    once there was a princess who never let her imagination stop her from dreaming up scenes and stories as she walked around the park.
    so if you ever see someone talking to herself, that would be me.

Celestria
    p.s. i may be a disney fan, but i can't spell.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, supposedly they're adding some new Stitch stage show or something.

Honestly, it must be pretty lame because there's been like zero press about it.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's called Stitchs Supersonic Show. Like Ian said not much press about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I was told that the Stitch show would be using the technology from Turtle Talk, combined with other live entertainment. I don't know how valid this information was.

In addition, they are also dismantling the theater that was in Tomorrowland and re-doing the restrooms. There's a lot of construction walls up right now!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

The construction walls are for the construction of a new permanent stage and the demolition of the Galaxy Palace Theater.

From Tidbits January 2009
    A Stitch Stage

1/7/09 Construction permits have been filed and work has begun for a new stage in Tommorowland. According to the permits, the new stage will be called “Magical Celebrations Stage”. Entertainment Cast have reported that the stage will be initially used for the forthcoming Stitch’s SuperSonic Celebration show.
    Here's the most detailed description for the new show from a press release:
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney World Resort

"Stitch’s SuperSonic Celebration" Dance Party Debuts

He’s the Guru of Gross-Out, the Maker of Mischief. Now, everybody’s favorite galactic pal stars in "Stitch’s SuperSonic Celebration," a high-energy, retro-futuristic music video dance party in Magic Kingdom. The fun features Stitch, an interactive dance troupe and a DJ celebration host who invites all Tommorowland guests to come party, dance and celebrate.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

but if this stage show is at the old stage by buzz then what's being built in front of the old skyway building...

or did someone already answer this?
    once there was a princess who never let her imagination stop her from dreaming up scenes and stories as she walked around the park.

Celestria

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, supposedly they're adding some new Stitch stage show or something.

Honestly, it must be pretty lame because there's been like zero press about it.
    Ian, that is not totally true. There has been plenty of buzz online about it, and several Disney official releases about it. Just because it hasn't been posted here doesn't mean they haven't release anything about it. I think people are choosing to ignore all the information about it cause it sounds like a bad addition to Tomorrowland.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Ian, that is not totally true. There has been plenty of buzz online about it, and several Disney official releases about it. Just because it hasn't been posted here doesn't mean they haven't release anything about it. I think people are choosing to ignore all the information about it cause it sounds like a bad addition to Tomorrowland.
    Okay, maybe saying there was "zero" press about it was a bit of an overstatement, but I certainly feel confident saying there's very little buzz.

Typically, when a new anything is being added, the fan communities light up.

I think you're right, though, that it seems like a silly addition to Tomorrowland. Stitch is like 5 years past his prime.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, maybe saying there was "zero" press about it was a bit of an overstatement, but I certainly feel confident saying there's very little buzz.

Typically, when a new anything is being added, the fan communities light up.

I think you're right, though, that it seems like a silly addition to Tomorrowland. Stitch is like 5 years past his prime.
    There is buzz online, but, you are right, not a ton. Maybe not like in the past, but there is buzz. Mostly negative though, and probably rightfully so. We'll see.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Celestria
    but if this stage show is at the old stage
    It's not.

The Magical Celebrations Stage is what's being built in the new location.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I'm alright with adding a stage show in Tomorrowland. At least they are still doing something.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

The Galaxy Theater is almost totally gone now very little if anything remains of it. The Stitch Supersonic Celebration stage is being built next to Carousel of Progress in front of the old Skyway ride that used to run from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland.

Apparently the Stitch show will be like Turtle Talk with Crush and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Personally I don't know why they need two stitch attractions in one land but maybe thats just me.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celestria View Post
    but if this stage show is at the old stage by buzz then what's being built in front of the old skyway building...

or did someone already answer this?
    The Stitch show is going in front of the old Skyway building. The space between COP and Buzz is actually being turned into additional CM parking (sad but true). At first I didn't believe it but it's been verified by reliable sources in the media.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)

Once You Go, You Know
    Visit the World you used to know...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb26 View Post
    Personally I don't know why they need two stitch attractions in one land but maybe thats just me.
    1. Management has no imagination anymore.

2. They like to run charcaters that have had their time in the spotlight into the ground.

3. Disney surveys say people want MORE Stitch not less.

I am kidding with the third one. But, I wouldn't doubt that would be one of the excuses given for more Stitch.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Think about how ridiculous this is ... they're building a Stitch attraction that uses Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor technology directly across from another Stitch attraction and directly next to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

And this seemed like a good idea to someone??
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stitch Theater

A stitch theater across from a stitch attraction, and not a very good one at that rate. The attraction may not have many seats as Disney wants people to interact with the characters.

Post Thanks / Like

ok.. i get it now. a parking lot.... doesn't the train go by there though? (i've only been on the train 1 time in the past 5 years)

Celestria

Post Thanks / Like

Think about how ridiculous this is ... they're building a Stitch attraction that uses Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor technology directly across from another Stitch attraction and directly next to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

And this seemed like a good idea to someone??
    Like gothmickey said, no imagination anymore... I used to like Stitch, but I am now sick of him...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Noooo mooooree Stiiiitch

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a Stitch show at DL Paris last year. Same technology as Turtle Talk. I didn't like it at all and couldn't wait for it to end (and I love Turtle Talk). In addition, I could hardly understand anything Stitch said - and the show was in English (they alternate English and French speaking shows). I sure hope this new one will be better than that.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: