Quantcast Where to watch fireworks outside of parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to watch fireworks outside of parks?

Where are the best places to take in either Wishes or Illuminations when you're NOT in the parks? We're staying at POP, but are willing to travel... maybe somewhere fun for DS 5 & 3 to experience? Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are several places to watch Wishes while not in MK. I'm guessing that one of the favorites is on the beach at the Poly.
    And for Illuminations, probably on the beach at the Beach Club gives an acceptable view of the high fireworks. Since much of Illuminatios is lake level, it is hard to get a great view even around World Showcase.

Post Thanks / Like

Fourth floor at Contemporary, great castle view, they have benches and pipe in the music.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

As previously posted, there are no GREAT places outside EPCOT to see the fireworks...In my opinion your best bet would probably be near the back entrance (accessible from the boardwalk). You will have an obstructed view of all of the fireworks but you can hear the music and see 'some' of the ground level pyrotechnics.

Good luck!
    Oct 10 - Bay Lake?
    May 10 - Polynesian
    Dec 09 - Beach Club
    July 09 - Grand Floridian
    May 08 - Polynesian
    Dec 07 - Contemporary/AKL
    Jan 06 - Boardwalk Villas
    Jan 05 - Beach Club
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome."

Post Thanks / Like

Another great place to watch is the California Grill, but you need ADRs and $$$$. Great food and service there though.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

There are also boat rides- we did in May of 07 to watch Wishes. No crowd and they too pip in the music. Good luck with your decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Great ideas! Tell me more about the boat rides...

Post Thanks / Like

You aren't going to get a great look, but if you go to the building at POP with the juke box out front and go to the top floor and to the back side of building where you can see SE, you can see fireworks from Epcot and Fantasia.

There are usually people from those rooms sitting outside watching them. You can't hear any music, but it's a nice treat...
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

For Illuminations, I would suggets that you go to the Boardwalk resort (get a 3 hour visitor's parking pass if you are driving) and stroll the Boardwalk for a while. At 8:30 or quarter to 9, go to Seashore Sweets, pick up an ice cream, and walk away from EPCOT. Cut between the dance hall and the piano bar, turn right, and stand on the bridge near the Swan and Dolphin. From here, you get a great view of the high fireworks, although you won't hear the music. You will get a great echo of the big booming finale off of the hotel behind you. Keep in mind that Illuminations seems to have two big finishes (there is music and a water-level display between them) so be patient and wait for the real finale! After the show, you can either retrace your steps or complete a lap of the lake.
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOJoe View Post
    There are several places to watch Wishes while not in MK. I'm guessing that one of the favorites is on the beach at the Poly.
    Can non-resort guests sit on the beach at the Poly? I know it's a non-swim beach and all, but since there are rules with the pool usage, I didn't know if it applied to the beach as well.
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Power View Post
    Can non-resort guests sit on the beach at the Poly? I know it's a non-swim beach and all, but since there are rules with the pool usage, I didn't know if it applied to the beach as well.
    Most of the time, you can simply walk out to the beach to view the fireworks. On some occasions (such as July 4th) they may limit access only to Poly registered guests.

Other places to watch include the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary (there is a viewing are on the 4th floor) and the beach at Fort Wilderness.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: