Quantcast Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 21

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really not sure that the producers are giving Kate a "mean" edit. If anything it is turning people away from the show, not bringing in more viewership. I think people prefer to see a happy family for the most part. The laundry room thing is a perfect example of the poor attitude she takes sometimes, and I do believe that can start to take a toll on a marriage. I'm not married yet but I am engaged, and honestly, I can't see myself ever talking to my husband like he's a dog that needs to obey my orders. Do I get frustrated with some of the dumb things he does, yes. But she seems to get upset with both her husband and kids over very little things that just aren't worth the mean words and the hurt that can come from them.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Yes, I was wondering if that was just your personal opinion whether they have marital problems. And are you married and speak from experience regarding marriage itself? Being married myself, I'm not sure there is anything on the show I've seen that would lead me to believe there are problems in Jon & Kate's marriage. But again, I guess it's possible that we all have different views of how marriage should be.
    I don't know what show you're watching, but how could anyone not see the problems? I'm currently not married but I know how to treat another human being, spouse or otherwise. Kate has chased her entire family out of her life, why does anyone expect Jon to put up with her? I don't know about any cheating or divorcing going on, but I can guarantee that they have their fair share of issues. I don't see any difference with how Kate treats Jon and Chris Brown treats Rihanna. Any psychologist will tell you that abuse comes in many different forms. And believe me, nothing in this world should come as a surprise to us, I've learned that by studying relationships and marriages. There's a difference between "opinions" and "observations."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    I don't know what show you're watching, but how could anyone not see the problems?
    I'm watching a "reality" show, and whether you believe it or not, these shows are edited to create characters. That said, we are watching a couple with eight children. If that isn't stress enough, they've also, in my opinion, seem to have gotten in over their heads with this show and the multiple appearances and traveling they do for the sake of "business". I can't even begin to imagine. With a husband in the military and two sons, I've had my share of moments as well. Doesn't make me a terrible person. Gosh, the first few years of my son's lives are almost a complete blur to me! It's such a crazy time. I just try to imagine what I'd feel like in Jon & Kate's situation.

Now I wouldn't be surprised to hear there are problems in the marriage, because goodness they are under a lot of pressure (a lot of it self-imposed, no doubt). But really, until I hear it from Jon or Kate, I'm not going to believe what I read on the front of Star magazine. I doubt we've heard the whole story of the issues with her family as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am married and have 3 kids and I can't imagine the stress of 8...I feel like my life is one constant battle with everyone and everything and there are times that I can act mean and hateful but its just that my life is not acted out on TV (thank goodness)...I would hate to see the way that I might be portrayed...
    I feel that she is being judged on her bad behavior and attitude when you know that is the way they edit her...She seems to take everything in stride and has the attitude to go along with her surroundings...I can't imagine being taped all the time...That would make anyone crazy...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    pixiesmimi- thank you so much, that was very informative!
    You are welcome! I don't get to watch the show that often but do see them on other shows that I watch every so often. I need to go back and catch up on this season about the new house but it sounds like her fame is going to her head. If I talked to my DH the way she does Jon, I wouldn't have a DH very long. I can understand the frustration with being filmed all the time but I think I would be trying very hard to keep the arguments down to when the cameras aren't around.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching a "reality" show, and whether you believe it or not, these shows are edited to create characters. That said, we are watching a couple with eight children. If that isn't stress enough, they've also, in my opinion, seem to have gotten in over their heads with this show and the multiple appearances and traveling they do for the sake of "business". I can't even begin to imagine. With a husband in the military and two sons, I've had my share of moments as well. Doesn't make me a terrible person. Gosh, the first few years of my son's lives are almost a complete blur to me! It's such a crazy time. I just try to imagine what I'd feel like in Jon & Kate's situation.

Now I wouldn't be surprised to hear there are problems in the marriage, because goodness they are under a lot of pressure (a lot of it self-imposed, no doubt). But really, until I hear it from Jon or Kate, I'm not going to believe what I read on the front of Star magazine. I doubt we've heard the whole story of the issues with her family as well.
    That was my original point, the stress of their lives is not normal, and they need to stop taping (Or find another solution) and take time to work on their issues (Hello, Mady!!) before it's too late. I don't understand why people would choose money and fame over family. Maybe that's not their motives, but really, what else would be? Would having a more normal life without taping make a difference? Maybe, that's up to them and we'd never know either way, but something should be done before the family is devastated in one way or another.

And if they are completely fine, and that's just how they communicate, I still think it will hurt the kids someday. Hopefully not...

Post Thanks / Like

well I hope the rumours aren't true.

I also think the editing is a factor and that how things are said and what people do can be misread by those not in the relationships.

My father says many of the right things, speaks softly, and always uses affectionate tones. However he has made many choices that have made having a relationship with his grandson nearly impossible. In fact at this time since he's disapointed my son so often they only communicate by letter. (but if you filmed him talking about us you'd assume we were as close as peas in a pod)

My step dad often loses his patience, has yelled at my son to be quiet and fed him junk food on more than one occasion. He even once drank the milk set aside for a nighttime bottle many many years ago.

However despite the way my stepdad would tape (he'd make Kate look like an angel with a halo shining and a choir singing trust me) my 13 year old son picked out on his own a birthday card for him this weekend thanking him for the love, support, care and time he's spent with him all his life..and signed it with hugs and kisses. When a teenager will do that I'm just saying that's a healthy relationship!
    What he knows is that's the grandpa that plays frisbee with him, finds him special books, toys that stretch his mind, names cars after ideas he has & loves him day in and out.
    I just think we all get too wrapped up in looking for Kate to misbehave and TLC is all to ready to give us that since we clearly all look for it.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why people would choose money and fame over family
    I imagine that at this point they need to keep taping the show to keep their lifestyle. I believe Jon was a computer programmer (or so I recall), and I don't think in this economy he could make enough money to keep the new mansion. What a shame.
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we can all watch the same show and see something totally different I was just reading a local news article from last year online about Jon and Kate, and one person commented and said how much she loved the show, but how she thought Jon treated Kate horribly. She said Jon seems just so mean to Kate.
    Not that Jon hasn't made plenty of mistakes, I'm guessing he's only human like the rest of us, I just don't see Kate as mistreated. It's funny how we can all view something completely different
    But I don't think Kate is purposely edited to look like a monster because she has admitted many times how she is or can be. Maybe Jon is edited to look all innocent, but I can't see Kate putting up with that. Who knows!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my two cents:

1. I LOVE this show, the kids are hysterical.

2. Regardless of how stressful things are, at times Kate's treatment of John is inappropriate. She does berate him, now much of it may be editing, but either way she does say the words aloud.

3. The show is def taking over their life. I think by now, they do need the show to keep up with their lifestyle.

4. The show is limited, once the children reach a certain age, the show will inevitably go off the air. I just hope they are actively planning for this.

5. I think the show has become too much for Maddy.....seriously.

6. I do think that John and Kate are family orientated and under a lot of stress which may be brought out moreso around the cameras where the need to be perfect is right in their face.

And again, I will still tune it......
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Sure Kate does sometimes look bad on the show, but we are only seeing bits and pieces and I'm not convinced that her behavior is a sure sign of marital problems. I'm sure the stress of 8 kids and TV crews wouldn't bring out the best in anybody.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see the preview for Jon & Kate plus 8 for next week? It looks interesting! I’m wondering if they are going to address some of the “rumored issues” that are happening in their personal lives. I looked ahead in our Comcast cable schedule, but it didn’t say much about the episode description.
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

Did anybody else catch the commercial regarding next week's episode during the one tonight? eeek. I wonder if they're just taking advantage of the swirling rumors to **** us in and have it be something else completely in the end. We will see.

And I am also really beginning to agree with everyone who has said how much the show has changed this family... Part of the appeal in the beginning was that they were this typical American family doing it all with eight kids... but now they have a multi-million dollar home and take one-on-one ski trips, etc. etc. It's become less of an "awww, how cute/nice" reaction on my part lately and more of a "holy cow, kate!" She just seems less enthusiastic and caring these days.

And I also cringed tonight when she grabbed the dog's face and made him nod. Why would you get animals if you don't even seem to like them?

that all being said, I'll probably continue to watch it for as long as it continues to be on...
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink2002 View Post
    Did anybody else catch the commercial regarding next week's episode during the one tonight? eeek. I wonder if they're just taking advantage of the swirling rumors to **** us in and have it be something else completely in the end. We will see.

And I am also really beginning to agree with everyone who has said how much the show has changed this family... Part of the appeal in the beginning was that they were this typical American family doing it all with eight kids... but now they have a multi-million dollar home and take one-on-one ski trips, etc. etc. It's become less of an "awww, how cute/nice" reaction on my part lately and more of a "holy cow, kate!" She just seems less enthusiastic and caring these days.

And I also cringed tonight when she grabbed the dog's face and made him nod. Why would you get animals if you don't even seem to like them?

that all being said, I'll probably continue to watch it for as long as it continues to be on...
    I did see it, And was anxious to get on here and post to see if anyone else agreed with me. It very well could be a promo just for ratings to fool us. Or maybe the reason Jon has been out of town is they are having problems but can't say anything because of the show, And have to wait for the "official" announcement on the show. I don't know, More than likely it is something completely different. I have always loved the show, And will be tuning in as long as it is on. But I am starting to see a change in Kate's attitude. Jon still seems the same, But something seems different about her. And have you noticed none of their friends and family who use to help them on the show are on their anymore. Like tonight, Kate took all the kids to sesame live by herself, When before Jodi or Beth would have went with her to help. We haven't seen any of them for several weeks. I find that a little weird, Because from what they said on one episode is that they moved closer to some of their friends, yet we haven't seen any of them for a long time. I saw them on a new episode of oprah a few days ago (not sure when it was filmed) But they just don't seem to have the same chemestry with one another anymore. They seem very distant. And their body language is always pointing away from each other. That's just imo
    I guess we will have to tune in to see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

What were the previews about? My dvr always stops too early

I'm in love with Utah

Post Thanks / Like

Darn, I missed it! My dh is from Idaho, he would love to have seen this episode. Is anyone getting tired of the whole huge family, multiples thing running on TLC (they have a new family that had three sets of multiples on recently)? I guess I just feel like now people think "Oh, if I have this huge number of kids, I will get lots of money for it." Kind of scares me a little, I guess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    I guess I just feel like now people think "Oh, if I have this huge number of kids, I will get lots of money for it." Kind of scares me a little, I guess
    AGREED.

Octo-mom, anyone?
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    I guess I just feel like now people think "Oh, if I have this huge number of kids, I will get lots of money for it." Kind of scares me a little, I guess
    I agree, and also think TLC has gotten a little 'out there' with some of it's other programming as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default slightly off topic

I agree, and also think TLC has gotten a little 'out there' with some of it's other programming as well.
    Didn't tlc use to stand for "the learning channel" Now all I am learning while watching tlc is, How much I don't want to forget to take my birth control pills!

Post Thanks / Like

I finally saw the previews for next week. I just had a thought...maybe they did get rid of the dogs and this is the episode that explains all that.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: