Quantcast Jet Blue

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Jet Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Jet Blue

Has any one use this airline? I decided in late Dec to book with them on an upcoming trip to WDW. I booked the earliest flight out. Now I am confused. I recieved an email from them stating they had to change my flight to one late in the day arriving after 7 pm. I called and they said that they had changed there schedule they would not offer that early flight ( arriving in MCO at 1125 am) I explained that it was not acceptable to be on a late flight. She did offer a flight leaving at 930 am. However, each person would have to sit seperately. I can not do this with my son. He has alot of social issues (long story) and can not be seperated from one of us. She did offer us if I wanted to pay an extra 20 bucks per person (extra leg room seats) three seats together. Mind you this first flight I paid 129 per person and at time of booking this flight was 99 per person. I explained that I printed the list of flights that day and it shows the lower price for that time could she just upgrade. In theory I would be paying for extra leg room. She said no. I ask for a manager she said hold on 15 min later she came on and said that we could have the 1st row that is for handicap at no extra charge and not refund. I said fine and asked if I cancell would I get my money back and she said yes. Sorry I had to rant very mad Now I have to see if I can rebook Cindy since I will not make in time with this change

Is Jet blue always like this? For the 1st time using this company I am not very impressed. Some one convince me that this was random and I should not start the hunt for better fares else where.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Airlines do this... I fly Southwest and have never had an issue. I don't fly Delta because of similar issues. Honestly, I don't look at price anymore, I look at southwest.com...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your flight! That does stink. We usually only fly Jetblue. We have had our flight changed by them before but usually only 1 hour difference in time not almost a hole day!
    I wonder if the flights are not getting fully booked due to the ecomony and they are cancelling some of them?
    1995 - POR
    1997 - POR
    2004 - Movies
    2005 - Sports
    2006 - POP
    2007 - Music
    2009 - AK
    2009 - Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

That kind of thing has become very commonplace throughout the airline industry. Many airlines are juggling schedules on an almost daily basis in order to keep their planes as full as possible; an empty seat or a plane sitting on the ground is not making any $$$.

I agree with DisneyRox - - I fly SWA almost 100% of the time, and have never had a problem that was not weather-related.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    I agree with DisneyRox - - I fly SWA almost 100% of the time, and have never had a problem that was not weather-related.
    Same here. I would never not fly SWA unless there was some oddball circumstance that dictated it.

FWIW, I have read the exact same complaints about Jet Blue from others on this same board. In fact, search for "Jet Blue" and I bet you pull up at least 2 or 3 other posts with the same complaint.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the world of 'bait-and-switch' 'fly-by-night' (pardon the pun) airlines.

Another vote here for using Southwest exclusively. Never had a concern over flights being switched.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jet Blue

We have flown Jet Blue several times without an issue. However, I booked a trip for late March to West Palm Beach and recently got the email and a phone call that my flight had been switched. I am leaving Syracuse at the same time but get to layover in NYC for 2 extra hours (which was exactly what I wanted to avoid). It gets me into West Palm that much later. I know it is annoying especially when a trip will be a short one and every minute is precious! They also offered me a different flight when I asked but the entire travel time was actually longer because of layovers so I am sticking with my original.

Post Thanks / Like

Default They responsed to the letter

Just got an email to a letter I sent to Jet blue. They are giving a 25 credit and I am sorry letter. At least they read the letter of disappointment.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Jet Blue

We have flown Jet Blue several times and never had an issue with them. I am sorry that they couldn't exactly accomodate you. I felt very lucky to get four seats right across from each other. We are going to Disney in 65 days. However coming home is a different story, we are leaving real late in the day and we could not get an earlier flight. We will deal with it okay. Good luck and enjoy your vacation.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Although I have never flown JetBlue...I am very jealous of anyone who CAN fly Southwest. I would have to drive to Birmingham to do so.
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest you arrive earlier than you wanted for your flight and have them reassign your seats at the airport. They've split up our family and when I said one is a 10 year old boy they switched seats so one of us was sitting next to him.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

We also usually fly JB out of Syracuse, and had a similar problem w/ my January flight. My flight out was changed from a non-stop 7am flight to a layover 6am flight, and my flight home was changed from a 7pm departure to a 1pm departure!!

I called & complained, and they changed me to a non-stop flight the night before w/o charging me for it, as they had changed one of the legs by over 2hrs.

I would call back and explain the issue w/ your son and having to sit together, or see if they would change you to a better flight time -- they ought to w/o a fee, if your flight change was more than a 2hr. change.

I found them to be very helpful -- if you don't get anywhere w/ the first person, go through a manager again, and good luck!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I have never had the experience of flying anything other than Southwest (Thank god!) I have heard more and more complaints about every airline except southwest. And not to mention Southwest is the only airline not charging for your first checked bag. We have never had any problems on any or during any of our flights. AT ALL. I am sorry you had this kind of experience with Jet Blue, I know I would be absolutely LIVID and would demand my money back and go to another airline AND I would never fly Jet Blue again. Thats just unexceptable IMHO.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

That really is horrible. We flew on American out from CA 3 years ago and had no problems with them. We are flying SWA only because it was the cheapest.

101 days to go!!!!
    Sarah
    Premium AP DLR
    DL - Too many to count
    DLR- Oct 09 Trick or Treat
    WDW - June 2006 offsite
    WDW - June 2009 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Southwest is not an option for us up in Maine. We flew Airtran last June. My flight changed three times before my trip. At one point I had two long layovers, which was unacceptable, so I called them to sort things out.

This year we are flying Jetblue for our trip in May. They were the only airline offering a nonstop flight and the prices were very reasonable. My flight has only changed once so far and it wasn't a change that I minded (I'm leaving an hour earlier). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things remain happy.

I hope everything works out well for your family. Have a wonderful vacation!
    Off Site - December 1999
    POFQ - June 2008
    AK Kidani Village - May 2009
    AKV Kidani Village - October 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

They changed our flight a few years ago. I called up and said that it was not acceptable, and they canceled my reservation and gave me a full refund. Then I rebooked with them for a different flight, at a lower price. That is a chance you take when booking early. Hope it all works out.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only flown Jetblue twice. On one flight they changed the time to 20 minutes later then original but other then that the flights were fine.

I fly SW 98% of the time. I have a small airport 20 mins from home and SW is pretty much the only airline there so we get there quick, thru security quick and on the plane quick.

I have to medical pre board and when I flew on my most recent trip, the woman at the gate let both my DH and DS pre board with me even though they had "A" boarding passes. I thought that was great.

Coming back, I again needed to medical pre board. The flight was over booked so I just took my DS on with me for pre board and saved a seat for my hubby who again had an "A" pass.

When I did the medical pre board they were nice and asked if I need any assistance. In the past I have had people at the gate give me weird looks when I tell them I need medical pre board. They think I am trying to scam them to get on the plane early. They jump to this conclusion because I travel with a child who has to check his stroller and I look about 20 years younger then my actual age. But this time I gave them my medic alert card when I asked for medical pre board and had no problems.

I have had flights on SW that left late due to weather and they didn't charge me for drinks.

On our flight home last saturday..somewhere between bag check in and the plane, the airline bag ticket had gotton ripped off one of our bags. Thanks to a great job by SW..they looked up our name on our tag, found our flight info and put a RUSH tag on i to make sure it got on our plane.

We didn't even know that this had happened until we got home.

Go SW..you rock!!!
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: