Quantcast When is the best time to call Disney Dining?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default When is the best time to call Disney Dining?

Eastern time. I have a friend who's been on hold for over 30 minutes. Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've called at all times of day and I've never been on hold for more than a minute. I guess I've been lucky. But with cutbacks, maybe they're short staffed, or she could be lost in the queue. Maybe she should hang up and call back? I know it's a tough call, because what if she calls back and waits another thirty minutes? I don't know what to advise here. I know a lot of people swear by calling at 7 am est.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I usually call at 7:00 am Eastern (6 Central) and never have more than a few moments' wait until a CM is ready to take my ressies. Several weeks ago I made an ADR for Chef Mickey's in the afternoon on a weekend - BAD MOVE. I was on hold for 30 minutes! Good thing my cell phone calls are free on the weekends!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I called this morning - right at 7am, as always, and I waited one hour and 25 minutes. I was afraid I would get fired, so I had to hang up...since I was on my hospitals time. I sure hope I don't get into too much trouble. Afterall, I never did get to make my ressies, I had to hang up. So now I sit on hold at home waiting....and waiting......So to answer the OP's question--these days, who knows when the best time is to call. I have always called at 7am for my original plans. I have called later in the day and never waited either. It's a roll of the dice, a toss of the coin, or whatever you want to call it. Take a chance and GOOD LUCK!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I called yesterday at 6:05 am Central time. I got a CM right away and she askes me for my dates of my stay. I told her and she said that my dates fall after they start their new ressie system and that I would have to be transfered to someone who has been trained on it< ok, no problem. Within minutes I was talking to someone else. I was just about to give the CM my dates and .....MY PHONE WENT DEAD!!!! i has forgot to put it on the charger the night before!
    I ran to the kitchen to call on my land line and was on hold for 2 hours! I almost fell asleep at the table, but no way was I hanging up! I had to have my BF get out of bed and come take my kids to school! I will say I had one of the friendliest CM's anyone could get! I got the restraunts I wanted at the times I wanted. It was a good day.
    DaisyGirl

Post Thanks / Like

wow, I have really gotten lucky then! I have called twice this week once at around 9 am CST and once around 8 pm CST and waited less than 3 min each time

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard on another message board that the waits can be pretty long when making ADR's. They say it is because not many agents have been trained on the new system. So for people calling at the 90 days now are waiting on hold for a long time. People have said they have waited on hold for over two hours. So don't hang up....
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Okay....so I finally got through last night. I waited 28 minutes and then was on the phone for another 40 inutes making 10 adr's. Too funny. The CM told me that someone had told her they waited 3 hours. It's just crazy.

Anyway, I got everything I wanted, but I had to flip-flop my Fantasmic to another day as her system would not let her in.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn J Mc View Post
    Eastern time. I have a friend who's been on hold for over 30 minutes. Thanks.
    6:59 am. That way the call should go through right as they start accepting at 7:00.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

I was preparing for the worst when I called a few weeks ago. I had read about the waiting for hours, so I was going to be prepared. I got up at 5:30 central time. I got my coffee, my laptop, got my tv remote ready, eveything I needed for a long wait. I called right at the stroke of 6:00 (7:00 eastern). I got through after about 2 minutes and got everything that I wanted. I was done by 6:30. I guess you can't ever tell. It was a nice surprise.

Post Thanks / Like

I called a couple weeks ago around 9PM. I didn't have any wait at all. Maybe that time will work for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't made ressies since last year (and am thinking that if the bugs don't get worked out by June, I'll let the concierge pre-planners take care of it for our Sept trip), but I never called right at my 180 mark--generally our trips weren't booked then. I usually call around 7pm EST and only wait for a few minutes.

Heard from Terrisue at MJ yesterday, though, and she warned that the waits would be atrocious while the new system rolls out.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Great. I am allowed (I believe) to call at 180 days for the grandgathering experiences- which means next Friday I will be on the phone a long time. Maybe I will ask my mo to make the call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    Heard from Terrisue at MJ yesterday, though, and she warned that the waits would be atrocious while the new system rolls out.
    When will the new system begin??

Post Thanks / Like

called this afternoon (Friday) & the automated system said 2 minute wait. wasnt even that long i dont think
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM