Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast January 31-Feb 16, 2009 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris, do you think the 27th will be a ran out? I know it's W A Y off in la la land, but I'm still worrying. We'll be there from 1/24-1/31 and we'd like to place an order for sunny weather and nice temps. Please?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, right now it looks like a fairly significant storm, but, as you noted, that's WAY out there. Lots can and will change. In fact, looking at tonight's models the storm looks to fall on the 28th instead of 27th. Still looks pretty significant, so, yeah, it could be an all-day type rain if this pattern continues.

I'm just in public relations, not management, but I'll send a memo to the Boss about your order.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Well... just keep pushing it back, until, oh, the 31st!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, we leave 2/1.
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast January 14-30, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by handmaidenofprincesses View Post
    It's 9 degrees here in CT (with wind chill) and snowing so I don't care if it does drop down to the 60s, I'm headed down to Disney Sunday with short sleeved shirts and capris!
    So true! I am also from CT and we have had a very cold and snowy January. We are expecting the temps to drop down below zero during the next few days. I like the cold but this might even get a bit burrr for me. We'll be at Disney in just over a week and whatever the temps are in Fl. it will be far better than what we are experiencing here.

Once when we were at Disney in January it was chilly for Florida. Some people in our queue were complaining about the cold temps but there were people in the line who said " we are from Wisconson and it was 14 degrees when we left so this is just fine for us". It's all relative!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the continuing updates... I am so happy to hear that the "ridge" is going to work in my favor for our dates!! Never expected mid-70's for January... ... hopefully, "voodooland" will continue to look good!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

You just forcasted my whole trip. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! You made my day. Mind you it's -8 where I live so this is excellent!!
    Thanks again
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks-Any ideas on the next week yet? BTW-Did you move? Didn't you used to live in Huntsville? It was a very nice 5* at my house this morning!
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvpooh View Post
    Thanks-Any ideas on the next week yet? BTW-Did you move? Didn't you used to live in Huntsville? It was a very nice 5* at my house this morning!
    Yeah, I did used to be in Huntsville, but we've moved down here to Millbrook now. I miss Huntsville. Millbrook is great, but Huntsville is one of my favorite cities.

As for next week, the forecast on the front page is looking pretty solid right now. Highs in the low to mid 60s early in the week, slight chance of rain on Monday, then warming into the upper 60s or low 70s by next weekend with clear skies.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris--

I wanted to say thank you for keeping the weather updated-- I have been reading you religiously for the last 3 weeks---

During 1/27- 2/5 you only mention a tiny bit of rain--- is that really what I am reading??

Looking forward to our time!!

Thanks!!
    ~Laura
    Travel Deets: 2 adults, 5 children January 27, 09- Feb 5, 09

First timers:
    DW35
    DD14
    DD11

DS11
    DD4
    DD1

The twins will be celebrating a birthday on the 31 January

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie's Northern Friend View Post
    During 1/27- 2/5 you only mention a tiny bit of rain--- is that really what I am reading??
    Laura,

As of this afternoon, Feb 1 & 3 look like the best rain chances, especially Feb 3. All the other days look pretty clear. However, give it a couple of more days before things really clarify. Beyond 7 days is just too uncertain.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

No fair-How dare the rain come in on Feb. 7th. That is my first day in the parks! Please highs in the 70s not 50s for that week!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast January 23-Feb 8, 2009

Thanks for the outstanding 7 day forecast Chris. I'm leaving in the morning and now feel comfortable knowing what to pack. This will be a nice change from the cold January we have experienced in CT (even though I love the cold and snow)!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Well Chris,

I can tell you this...based on the way the weather has been for my last 6 WDW trips, I can assure you that on my next trip Feb 15-21 it will be warmer then normal at WDW. No joke, every trip we have taken since 2006 the weather when we go is always always warmer then the norm for that time of year.

So, anyone going that week, expect the parks to be crowded (pres week) and expect warm weather...but if the trend is broken...I will still be happy with weather in the 60's.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Those kinds of trends are always helpful to know. There definitely does seem to be a pattern so I'll add that into the mix when I'm looking at the models.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Laura,

As of this afternoon, Feb 1 & 3 look like the best rain chances, especially Feb 3. All the other days look pretty clear. However, give it a couple of more days before things really clarify. Beyond 7 days is just too uncertain.
    I hope you're right about the rain on the 3rd. Since we are coming in on the 4th. And will be there for 6 days, so hoping the weather will be nice. Yes, coming to WDW to begin with as well as coming from 20 degree weather, I will be happy with almost anything better than that.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We live in the Florida panhandle and the
    weather can change quickly in Florida. It there
    is a cold front coming down then it will reach
    WDW. I have been in January and February in
    the past and have been very cold. I always take
    jackets and sweaters as you never know what
    the weather will bring.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: