Quantcast Coronado Springs Review!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coronado Springs Review!

Hi All!

DH and I stayed at CSR from 1/10 - 1/17 for my birthday.

I did not request any particular building because DH had called the resort and asked them to deliver something and was afraid if I called and asked fora certain building, it might not get delivered.

So - we checked in around noon on 1/10. I was given a "I'm Celebrating!" button when the CM saw on the reservation that it was my birthday. We were assigned to Ranchos 7B and our room was ready! We were on our way!

7B is very close to bus stop 4 and the main pool, but not too close to El Centro. Our room was on the 2nd floor and faced the quiet pool.

I actually loved the resort. It was beautiful and clean. I found the location to be very convenient. We are not huge breakfast people so we didn't go to the Pepper Market for breakfast. In fact, we only ate there twice.

My only issues with the resort were minor, but worth mentioning.

1. There was no remote control for the TV in our room. DH called the front desk and they said they would deliver one. Next day, still no remote. Called again, same deal. Still no remote. We stopped in El Centro and talked to the concierge, the next day - remote! Yahoo!

2. DH called on the Monday prior to our trip to find out if there was something he could do for my birthday as a surprise. They said they could deliver balloons with a card signed by the characters!! Fantastic!! He also called the day before we left on our trip to verify that the balloons would be delivered on my birthday. They were not. DH was not happy. When we spoke to the concierge about the remote control, he had me walk away so he could discuss the balloons. They arrived 3 days after my birthday. This was not a deal breaker for us, but it was a bit of a disappointment. What was weird though was that a friend of mine sent a bottle of wine for my birthday, and I got that no problem!!

3. Mousekeeping. This is picky, but.. I made coffee one morning in the room. It took 3 days to get replacement coffee and accompanying sugar, creamer, etc. Since DH didn't like the coffee, it wasn't a huge deal and considering our effort to get a remote control, it wasn't worth the bother.

So - I would absolutely stay here again. I loved the theming and the architecture. Rooms and resort were very clean. The queen beds were nice and spacious. The pool was fantastic, although we were in it only once since the weather decided to follow us from MA to FL (a wee bit chilly)!! The bus service was great, except the day of the marathon, but that was to be expected!!

Last edited by Dawneeeey; 01-18-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo. doh!
    -- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 06 Orlando World Center Marriott
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    Jan 09 - It's my birthday!! Coronado Springs
    Nov 10 Long weekend offsite, 2 days
    Sept 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2012 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. We are staying at CSR for the 1st time next week and it's always good to hear that other like the resort.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

buzz2001 Guest

Sorry about the issues you experienced. Happy Birthday though!! Glad you still enjoyed the resort. They are replacing all the TV's with the flat panel ones. Probably lost the remote for that tv somewhere down the line.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I'm beginning to think all CSR's problem lie in building Ranchos 7B. That's where we were and we had issues too. We had no coffee replacement for 3 days - after leaving a note and calling for some twice. I thought the building was dirty - our room had some unidentifible stains on the carpet (fortunately not in the traffic lanes) and the same garbage lay in the stairwell for the entire week. We did have a remote though! And the new beds were very comfy. As far as the birthday balloons, we had the same issue with DD's birthday at POFQ 2 yrs ago so it's not just CSR. We never did get ours delivered. Glad you had a nice stay despite the few glitches.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I'm beginning to think all CSR's problem lie in building Ranchos 7B. That's where we were and we had issues too. We had no coffee replacement
    Kind of odd, but we also had a coffee issue in Ranchos 7B during our stay there for new years. We didn't have any of the other issues with cleanliness thou. We like CSR (and the queen beds at a mod price) and plan on staying there again.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

funny, we had issues with 7B too. Not clean, broken door on entertainment center/armoire and the big one was an adjoining room that we did not want. That would not be specific to a certain bldg...but overall 7B was king of yucky!!! Mousekeeping did not bother to clean coffee pot filter
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Reluctantly I am staying here again in June but ht e 2 times I stayed there before I have had some sort of problem. The first time it was with air conditioning in August The second time was only a 1 night stay but the room was far from clean Then they would not let me use my Resort Refillable mug which I was told I could since it was a continuos stay. They wanted me to jump through hoops and purchase one of theirs and then go to the manager and get a refund.

I'm hoping for a better stay in June.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Reluctantly I am staying here again in June but ht e 2 times I stayed there before I have had some sort of problem. The first time it was with air conditioning in August The second time was only a 1 night stay but the room was far from clean Then they would not let me use my Resort Refillable mug which I was told I could since it was a continuos stay. They wanted me to jump through hoops and purchase one of theirs and then go to the manager and get a refund.

I hope you have a better stay too. We've been fortunate and had seven great stays. As for the refillable mug, that is because Pepper Market is not owned by Disney and they have their own resort-specific mug and they are very strict about it.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I didn't make anyone think that I didn't like staying here!! I actually loved the resort, just those 3 little tiny things happened that did not make or break our trip. I will say the remote control thing has happened to me many times while traveling (on business or other vacations not Disney). People leave the remote controls on the bed. The housekeeping staff just pulls the sheets off and puts them in the laundry. These things happen!!
    -- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    May 2012 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I've found that you can get extra things (towels, coffee) if you leave $2 tip each day or even every other day.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, as was mentioned, CSR is the exception to the continous stay rule for the refillable mug program. Never was a big issue for me as I don't usually get a refillable mug (we rent a car and pick up soda before arriving at WDW).

My recommendations:

1)Request a room in Cabanas. It looks as if they will be refurbished by June. These buildings are pretty close to El Centro. The farthest Cabanas building is like a 5 minute walk to the main building.
    2) If they offer you Ranchos 7B, demand a change . I don't think there has been an Intercotee that hasn't had a problem in that building!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
    I As for the refillable mug, that is because Pepper Market is not owned by Disney and they have their own resort-specific mug and they are very strict about it.
    Yet they serve the same terrible coffee
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you on this! That is why I don't drink it--I get the cappucino--it's a little better than their regular coffee.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    If they offer you Ranchos 7B, demand a change . I don't think there has been an Intercotee that hasn't had a problem in that building!
    Maybe it's a "hidden" Disney attraction - like the worst resort building on Disney property! While this is definately not my favorite resort and I'm not in a hurry to stay there again, I do have to say that outside of the coffee and cleanliness issues in 7B, the resort is beautiful, the gift shop is huge and looked well-stocked (didn't really spend much time there), and breakfast at Maya grill was pretty decent considering the price of Disney food. Had we been closer to it, we probably would have tried Pepper Market but just never made it there. We also somehow never made it to the pool. Bus service was awesome! They were almost never full, even at the end of the day and travel times were shorter than I expected. And again, those new beds were soooo comfy! I hope you have a better stay this time too Jeff!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Heck, we left $3 a day and could not even get a second round of mickey soap, evem when ours was almost gone. Had to ask for more coffee a few times too. n the end, we stopped leavving the TIP! GRRR!

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I've found that you can get extra things (towels, coffee) if you leave $2 tip each day or even every other day.
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! funny thing about tipping.. we left $2 on the bed every day and one day they didn't take it!!!
    -- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    May 2012 BLT

buzz2001 Guest

Cafe Rix and the PM serve better coffee than the other resorts. In talking with the manager at the Cafe Rix, he told me that the coffee sold at the Cafe Rix is an Italian coffee, not Nescafe.

badllamamama Guest

Thanks for posting!

Post Thanks / Like

Mousekeeping was O.K. I don't think they always really "cleaned" but it was OK we aren't really all that "messy".

Yes we were in the Rancharos. The others were FULL (or so we were told). I HATED the long walk to the front and I was annoyed at the "empty" people carts that would pass us up (only 2 gave us rides)...Yes yes yes...I know these carts are for conventioneers but...the distance from the Rancharos to the front is so far they ought to be for anybody who wants it. It's stupid that they ride empty. The walk from the front to the Rancharos was just tooooooo far. (I walk all day in the park...I have no desire to walk farther later)...As a result...we pretty much went from bus to room.

I also didn't like the Pepper Market. I guess it's possible that we just ate there too late.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

lilolvr Guest

Thanks for posting! We also love CSR! Its such a beautiful resort with great bus service. My kids love the main pool area and playground.

We like the cabana rooms and don't mind the walk. We like to just walk around and look at the landscaping and flowers.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: