Quantcast transportation question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default transportation question

My brother is taking his family to WDW and they have a question about transportation. I want to ask here before I give them a definite answer to be sure its correct. They are staying at All Star Sports and have a breakfast at Ohana then are headed to Epcot one morning. Someone told them that they can take a bus from their resort to the TTC then take the monorail to the Poly. Is there bus service from the All Stars to the TTC? I thought they would have to take the bus to one of the parks, preferable MK and then take either a bus, monorail or boat to the Poly. Anyone know for sure?
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As I recall there isn't a bus that goes to the TTC from All Stars. They would have to do as you said take a bus to a park then to the Poly. The other option is to go to DTD then to Poly.

I would take your recommendation and go to MK then boat or mono to Poly.

Post Thanks / Like

Buses no longer run from resorts to the TTC.....They could take the bus to MK, as per the prior posting, or they could take the bus to EPCOT, then the Monorail to the TTC, and it is only a very short walk from the TTC to Poly.....The only direct way is to take a taxi.....not that expensive, and usually the fastest.....
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Denise! When travelling from resort to resort (other than the monorail resorts), we always found taking a taxi to be the best bet. A few times in the beginning of our WDW travels, we would take a bus here, wait for another one to transfer us there..it would take well over an hour., and that is if we were lucky. Taking a taxi from resort to resort for ADR's is fairly inexpensive., and very quick. It saves a headache and tons of time. Worth every little penny in our opinion.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. We always take a taxi as well. We find it well worth the money. That is why I wasn't so sure about her options. Someone whose only been to WDW once told her about the bus to the TTC, but I didn't think that was posible anymore. I wanted to double check just to be sure. I told her if it were me I'd taxi over, but they don't want to do that. I'll tell her my first recommendation is her best option, bus to MK, monorail to Poly.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question for my future reference. How much would such a taxi ride be? Just curious.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I have a question for my future reference. How much would such a taxi ride be? Just curious.
    for me, I would have never considered such a thing. Define inexpensive, and would any of you happen to have a recommendation for a specific company or preferably a number for them? I do have to say that as much of a glutton as I am, it was always a drag to take a bus to DTD then to our ADR, then a bus to back to DTD and then to our hotel.

-Josh

Offsite (4x) and Polynesian (1x) 1988-96
    Pop Century May 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2008
    Pop Century December 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2009
    Coronado Springs March 2010
    Pop Century December 2012!!

Post Thanks / Like

I do not have a recommendation for a specific company. We have hailed taxis late at night when wanting to travel from our ADR resort to our home resort and we were just too tired to wait and take Disney transportation. We have also used taxis to take us from our home resort to our ADR resort, just so we don't have to cut short our pool time to use Disney transportation! It has cost us between 10 and 12 bucks for each trip., one way.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

No need to call a taxi. They are waiting at every resort. Even if you don't see them, there are some waiting. If you don't see a taxi outside the resort, ask the nearest Bell Services (or valet parking) CM and they can summon one for you.

There are taxis at every park and Downtown Disney, too. No need to call, no need to make a reservation.

Post Thanks / Like

We've always done what Cleverocks said, we either just walk out to the front of the resort and see if there are any. If we don't see any we as bell services to call one. If we were needing one for an early morning ressie, I'd probably stop by the front dest or lobby conceirge on our way back to our room the night before to find out the best way to go about it. We've only ever taken taxi's at night. We've never paid more than $20 including tip. It depends on where your going. The one time we paid $20 we were going from AKL to WL. Other than that its been between 10 & 15. Worth it when you are tired and just want to get back to your room, or have a kid whose having belly problems from too much rich food.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, I think I'll give it a try! Though maybe I just don't get taxis, or have a hidden thrifty side, but $10-20 is not cheap to me! That's like a bellini or two!

-Josh

Offsite (4x) and Polynesian (1x) 1988-96
    Pop Century May 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2008
    Pop Century December 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2009
    Coronado Springs March 2010
    Pop Century December 2012!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it can add up, especially if you take one to and from an ADR, that could end up costing 30-40 bucks. However, for us in the grand scheme of a WDW vacation what's 40 more bucks if it makes life easier? We only ever use a taxi a couple times each trip so for us its no biggie, but definitely not for everyone. Its just like the strollers, some people would never pay what disney charges to rent a stroller. For us if it means my kids are more comfortable and I don't have to carry a stroller on and off the bus I'll pay for it.
    Denise

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: