Quantcast Sea World,Orlando

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sea World,Orlando

We are patiently awaiting our 5 th trip in a row and have decided to take on Sea World ! Please give me all the hints,things I should know, and strategies. We will be going down to Florida in Sept. What is the best day to do Sea World?

Sept 09 CSR
    Sept 08 POR
    Sept 07 CBR
    May 06 POR
    June 04 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Weekday... the weekdays are much slower than weekends for sure! Try and be early to Believe. If the stadium fills to capacity (and often does), then you wont be able to see that show. Blue Horizons... same thing. The stadium is a bit smaller, so it'll fill faster. be aware of the Soak Zones.. the water is COLD and it WILL ruin electronics. Stadiums often open up about 30-45 mins before a show I think... it might even be 15 minutes. It's been a while since I've been there... I used to go every weekend when I was down in FL. (A few friends of mine are trainers and I love marine mammals...:p) As far as eating and munching go... a lot of places have the hot dog n chips deal.. which is a bit pricey, but the hot dog is a decent size and it is good. I recommend Voyagers and Mango Joe. Be sure to check out the frozen ice's and the M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich. If you'd also like to do a dolphin feeding... get there EARLY.. as in maybe an hour or more. Believe, Blue Horizons, Clyde and Seamore, Dolphin Cove, and Wild Arctic are the highlights of the park, so try and hit those. The rest you can kind of mosey your way through and take your time with. A good chance to cool off is in Wild Arctic and Penguin Encounter... though, in Penguin Encounter the smell of seafood is a bit on the high side if you're into that (I love it, personally). While you're there, check out Pacific Point Preserve... the seal hangout... you WILL be barked at! ... and... finally... this is a CAN'T MISS!!!! Shamu Rocks......get there EARLY! This show is the night Shamu show. Personally... I could go to SeaWorld to only see that show (and I have... ). Good thing is, you'll be going in Sep when I think it should get dark earlier, so it'll make the show that much more exciting. ALSO... as far as times to hit the shows... try and avoid the first Shamu show of the day and maybe try and catch the Blue Horizon thats going on about the time of the first Shamu show, and then head over to Shamu Stadium. Blue Horizons crowds tend to be the same all day really... it's hit or miss most of the time (I'd know... most of the trainers I know work at Whale n 'Phin, so I'd see the show many times a day and take photos of them). Be early for Blue Horizons though to get a good close seat. You can sit almost 4-5 rows back and not worry about water, I'd always sit in the 4rd row with my expensive camera and didn't have much of an issue. If you DO choose to bring something expensive out... just be aware of what's going on in front of you so you don't get wet off guard. I might not have had an issue since they knew I was there and where I was sitting. :p That's about all I can think of at the moment... and apologize for the scattered thoughts
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

You can book "experiences" that take you behind the scenes....those are always fun - like Dining with Shamu. Those often get you special seating (ie reserved) for the Shamu shows.

If you have kids, make some time for Shamu's happy harbor. There is an amazing climbing structure (we usually do 2 days just so DD has plenty of time to climb around at Happy Harbor).

But beware of the Climbing structure...my kid is very good about "coming back" to wherever I have said to come back to....there are tables underneath...but otherwise, it's a completely open "get away" spot. You can't REALLY keep an eye on the climber unless you are climbing yourself!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: