Quantcast Dive Quest at Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dive Quest at Epcot

Heading to the World Feb 6-12. Have booked a dive at Dive Quest. Has anyone done this and if so how was your experience?
    1994-2003 Off Site

2005 Pop Century

Jan 06 Pop Century

Feb 09 Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've asked this question before but had no response-- how much time do you actually spend with the dolphins? Do you swim with them or do they just swim up to you while you stand in waist deep water? Any advice would be great as we're thinking of doing this in August. Nick, if nothing else you'll have to report on your adventure. I'm very interested on your thoughts. Mark
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I did dive quest last Oct. It was a blast. I am going to do it again next DEC. Best part was a fish and sharks in the tank. I got to bottom and shark was swimming right by me. When you do the drive you are not in the tank with the dolphins. They are actually separate from the rest of the fish. You are in the tank with the sharks, fish and turtles. I know there is another program with the dolphins, but in dive quest you do not swim with them. The whole experience is SOOO COOOOLLLLLL ... Let me know if you have other questions.
    10/08 SSR
    05/06 POFQ
    10/02 CBR
    3/00 DxL
    98 DxL
    96 Offsite
    95 ??
    Not sure of the rest

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies guys. I will report back after my my trip. We can't wait!!!!
    1994-2003 Off Site

2005 Pop Century

Jan 06 Pop Century

Feb 09 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I did it two years ago when I had a day to myself. My beloved wife was visiting friends who came down from St. Petersburg for the day.

It was a blast! We had close to an hour bottom time and got to interact with people having dinner at the Coral Reef restaurant. I also had a close encounter with a shark that swam right past me shortly after I got in the water.

You will not spend any time with the dolphins - at least we didn't. We were actually warned to stay away from the fence separating the dolphin enclosure from the rest of the tank. They are too protective.

You do not have to take any equipment with you other than your C card. Actually, you won't be allowed to use any of your own equipment other than your mask. If you have a prescription mask, bring it with you. Even if you don't have a prescription mask, bring it. That was the only drawback to the entire encounter. My mask was so uncomfortable, I just wanted to rip it off and swim bare faced.

If you are travelling with family or friends, have them wait on the underwater bridge. You will have a video record of your dive and your family in the background of the shot. You will have to find them and wait while the dive master with the camera comes up to you.

I think the entire experience lasted about two hours. You will receive an educational lecture, video and a list of do's and don'ts while in the tank. At the end of the experience, you will be given a record for your dive log, and a chance to purchase a copy of the disc they made of your dive. The cost is nominal and covers the cost of the disc, copying and a donation to a charitable organisation.

Have a great time. Wish I could join you.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

We did both the Dive Quest and Dolphin Quest last April. The interaction was great on both of the tours.

As far as Dive Quest goes you meet at the guest services area outside the park. CMs lead you into the living seas building via the "back door" to a lounge area were you watch a video and get a briefing on the activities. From there it is off to the change rooms then once in your wetsuits you get marched through the center area of the living seas past all the other guests. Continuing into the access area of the actually aquarium. The dive is 40mins. Even if you have air left 40 mins is all you get. During the dive they do some quick video clips of the group. Once the dive is over you are given a quick tour then off to get changed and fill out the log books.

Couple things: You can't bring any personal gear with the exception of a mask. If you have family with you they can't go on the tour but they can watch you during the dive and even get in the video with you. Watch the sharks they have a "track" they follow. Just don't get in their way. It is a great time. There was one guy in our group that has done it 13 times.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again guys! DW and myself get really stoked reading your replies!
    1994-2003 Off Site

2005 Pop Century

Jan 06 Pop Century

Feb 09 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We did the non-scuba version (where you have air tanks but must stay on/near the surface in June, and it was an all-time highlight. The aquatic animals come very close, and its really fun to interact with guests outside the tank. My DW and sons LOVED it!
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

It was amazing. I sent you an IM.
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

My sister did this one year and absolutely loved it!! She said the fish that are normally skittish in the ocean would actually let you quite near. She thought it was amazing.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site