Quantcast anyone else notice???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone else notice???

I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed the parks don't seem as clean??? We were there Dec 8-14th (came home today) and we noticed that the bathrooms are really disgusting.....this isn't like Disney at all. The trash was over flowing in some of the bathrooms. We are also smokers and ALWAYS smoke in the designated areas but we noticed alot of guests smoking all over the parks without cast members saying anything....also not like Disney and the ashtrays were over flowing.We have never experienced anything like that at Disney. It's always been so clean! I was talking to another guest who said that there had been alot of cast members laid off and said they expect to lay off another 1200 after the first of the year (don't know how true this is) We could tell there weren't as many cast members as in previous years and there were very few left that would go out of thier way to make it magical for the guests.....any one else feel the same way???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

There have been no lay offs yet...just a lot of cut hours. It makes a difference. Also, the cuts are expected to be mostly from Events (aside from Special Events and Weddings), and Entertainment (since it makes no money).

Post Thanks / Like

We're here right now, it is much more crowded than expected. I haven't noticed any problems with the parks being dirtier than in the past. Bathrooms have been clean so far. I've seen many cast members walking around with brooms. It looks like the trash was being carried off regularly. I have been pleasantly surprised so far, considering the crowds of people here. What happened to off season?
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We were just down about 10 days ago and I actually thought that, considering the crowds, the parks were pretty clean.

I'll tell you what I did notice, though, that really got my blood boiling ... I noticed what disgusting slobs most people are.

We were watching the Castle lighting ceremony during MVMCP and everyone sort of packs in around the Castle to watch. Well let me tell you ... when those animals got up and left to disperse into the parks they left behind so much trash I was just completely and totally flabbergasted.

And it wasn't like a stray straw wrapped and a couple of wadded up napkins. Oh no ... I'm talking about half-eaten and dumped over boxes of popcorn, cups of soda, maps, MVMCP brochures ... anything and everything they were too lazy to pick up and drop in one of the myriad of trashcans that were no more than 5 feet away!!

I was actually angry enough that I would have stepped up and yelled at someone if I could have found them. What is wrong with people?? Didn't anyone ever teach these people common decency and some stinkin' manners???
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there (Dec3-10) and I thought the parks were very clean. Granted, it's not as clean as it was many years ago, but I thought it was very tidy.

Post Thanks / Like

There always seemed to be someone cleaning whereever we were.

However, we did have one guy that smoked his way through the queue at Expedition Everest.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'll tell you what I did notice, though, that really got my blood boiling ... I noticed what disgusting slobs most people are.
    I agree with this!! I couldn't believe how many people would just leave cups, napkins, ect... where ever they felt like leaving them and most weren't far from a trash can.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laura670 View Post
    I agree with this!! I couldn't believe how many people would just leave cups, napkins, ect... where ever they felt like leaving them and most weren't far from a trash can.
    Well, you won't find that kind of attitude from DW and I. We get laughs at TS restaurants because we neatly stack all our dirty dishes and dinnerware as well as placing our napkins on the pile. I worked in food service in my early years and know what a pain it can be to bus tables!

Post Thanks / Like

We were just down about 10 days ago and I actually thought that, considering the crowds, the parks were pretty clean.

We were watching the Castle lighting ceremony during MVMCP and everyone sort of packs in around the Castle to watch. Well let me tell you ... when those animals got up and left to disperse into the parks they left behind so much trash I was just completely and totally flabbergasted.

And it wasn't like a stray straw wrapped and a couple of wadded up napkins. Oh no ... I'm talking about half-eaten and dumped over boxes of popcorn, cups of soda, maps, MVMCP brochures ... anything and everything they were too lazy to pick up and drop in one of the myriad of trashcans that were no more than 5 feet away!!

I was actually angry enough that I would have stepped up and yelled at someone if I could have found them. What is wrong with people?? Didn't anyone ever teach these people common decency and some stinkin' manners???

I completely agree with all of this. And its not just at WDW, some people in gerneral are lazy slobs. Bringing my kids to school today I was disgusted. There was a Christmas parade yesterday and apparently people didn't think they should pick up after themselves. For a good mile there was trash all along the road. Gobs of it. Someone even left their chair in a ditch. Even my kids, who are 6 and 8, were disgusted. Then I went on a field trip with my oldest. We went see Bolt, which was really good by the way, however it seems some people don't think they are responsible for taking their trash out of the theater when they exit. I always see people leaving behind all their trash as they exit. It burns me up everytime.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!! I think Disney does the best they can to keep up with the messy public. I have seen some really trashy (literally) guests at Disney parks and I'm always amazed by how many people don't think twice about littering. I try to not let other people's behavior effect my vacation, but the littering really does make me mad. It's just such a self absorbed, inconsiderate thing to do. When we were there in October I didn't notice the parks being dirty, but it was a slower time of year. Maybe they are having a tougher time keeping up as crowds increase.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not going to go into a long rant here but I have to agree that in general Americans seem to have developed a VERY strong sense of entitlement that says "I don't have to worry about the mess I make because I deserve to have someone clean up after me." It absolutely drives me nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    Well, you won't find that kind of attitude from DW and I. We get laughs at TS restaurants because we neatly stack all our dirty dishes and dinnerware as well as placing our napkins on the pile. I worked in food service in my early years and know what a pain it can be to bus tables!
    LOL!! DW and I joke about doing this also - we call it "pre-bussing".

We were at the World early Nov. and crowds were not bad but we found the parks, resort, etc. to be neat and tidy.

March '99 - POFQ
    February '04 - WL
    February '05 - POLY
    November '05 - CB
    October '06 - POLY
    November '07 - POLY / BC
    November ' 08 - BC
    March '10 - WL
    November '10 - POR-Riverside
    November '11 - CSR

Dear departed brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ravsluvdisney View Post
    LOL!! DW and I joke about doing this also - we call it "pre-bussing".

We were at the World early Nov. and crowds were not bad but we found the parks, resort, etc. to be neat and tidy.
    My hospitality mentality forces me to make things easier for everyone.....including stacking plates, and wiping the table after I eat. It also forces me to be a high tipper, hence why I get so much for saying that $2 per person is acceptable for housekeeping and that 20% is standard (although it actually is now the standard according to many etiquette sites and reviews).

Post Thanks / Like

We noticed on our last trip that the park was messy. Not for lack of staff but for the sheer numbers of slobs. You can't walk 10 feet without hitting a trash can and the messes we saw just amazed me. I mean there was trash 2 feet from a garbage can. Lazy people.

If I drop a crumb I worry about picking it up.

My next trip is in Feb and I expect to see more of the same. While it doesnt ruin my vacation, it does take a lot away from the Disney Magic. I used to rave about how clean the parks were. Now I worry about stepping or sitting in something.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We were there Dec 1-6th and I didn't see any problems with the bathrooms. I saw the mess after the crowds but there were always CMs with those big machines getting rid of the mess.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    It's just such a self absorbed, inconsiderate thing to do.
    That's a really great way of putting it.

And it goes double in a place like WDW where there literally is a trash can every couple of feet. It's very, very low-class and very, very ignorant.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back last night and I did notice alot of trash and other stuff that you wouldn't have seen a while back. I saw the same piles of garbage after Holiday Wishes as well as after the Christmas Parade on the 11th. People really make me and nevermind the let me just leave my garbage here and someone will pick it up attitude I also people throwing thier trash in bushes and planters as they were walking by.
    I also noticed especially on Saturday night Disney was not prepared to handle the crowds and didn't have nearly enough CMs working. Getting from the Tomorrowland Bridge back to the Exposition Hall was awful. Disney had absolutely no form of crowd control or management personel it was a free for all.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

.... I'll tell you what I did notice, though, that really got my blood boiling ... I noticed what disgusting slobs most people are.
    I am so glad to see that so many people agree that its not always Disney that's a problem... Sometimes the patrons are very destructive.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We get laughs at TS restaurants because we neatly stack all our dirty dishes and dinnerware as well as placing our napkins on the pile.
    HAHAHAHA!!!! Me and my father both do that, and it drives my mother absolutely CRAZY! She hates when we do it. She says "how come you never do that at home?!?" and "why do you do that it's sooo weird" HAHA I don't even realize it half the time I do it, That is until I look over and see my mother glaring at me. It's just like second nature to automatically do it. Well thanks, I feel a little less "weird" now.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing gets my goat more than that! ME and DBF get sooo mad when we see people throw things out their window while driving...Thats a big one....One night we were on our way home from our card league and we stopped at a red light and this kid jumps out of the car, runs up to a recycling bin that was on the street for trash day pick-up. AT first I said what is he doing?!?! And then we both said wow we give him props for that....Atleast he had the common decency at a red light to think (Instead of throwing this out the window) theres a recycling bin five feet away in someones driveway. I was thrilled to see that I was like finally someone with common sense! lol

HAHA! Thats so funny! I thought I was the only one that dit that. I also, rip up left over bread and throw it in a dish so it cant be reused, but thats my germ-a-phob issues kicking in lol.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16