Quantcast Nighlife now that PI is closed?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nighlife now that PI is closed?

So now that PI has been closed for a couple months, what's nightlife there like? Other places more crowded? Resorts bars, Boardwalk (one of my fears is that there'd be a huge spike at Jellyrolls and it'd be difficult to get in), etc... Or maybe places in DTD like RaglanRoad more crowded? Or a lot of people going off site?
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

"Will you stop this foolishness!!"
    "What kind of foolishness would you like to see?"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We spent a few nights at DTD at Raglands and it didn't seem to be any more crowded than normal. Bongos was good and not too crowded. We never did get to Jellyrolls even though we had every intention of doing so. Other locations we tried were the Turf Club Bar at SSR it was so exciting that we were hard pressed not to doze off in our drinks. The Tambu Lounge at the Poly was good as was Mizners at the GF, it was a nice subdued place to go after dinner at Narcoosees. This is a little but, Work has started on the refurbishment of PI. FYI we were happy to see that the Adventurers' Club has yet to be blocked off or dismantled. It seems that groups had dates reserved in advance of the closing and that those reservations are being honored. Lucky are those who are part of these private parties. Sent another letter asking the WD Co. to concider reopening it. Figured it could hurt.
    KUNGALOOSH!
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I still have to believe that they will keep the AC and Comedy Club alive in PI.They have the Disney charm and are a good option for adults to have a night out without the kiddies,but they don't seem to be the kinds of places to bring the riffraff in because they're so Disney like.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

I've had the great pleasure of working with some former AC/CW CM's....and they don't sound too happy about the future. It looks bleak guys.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last week and while we seemed to find things to do at night, like go to Fantasia Gardens, Wishes, etc.., it was not the same as going to PI as we usually did after DQ or just to hop over and see a few shows after dinner. I hate that they're closed up, but we could see inside AC from behind the chains. Everything looks like it's still there, which is depressing.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

The AC/CW buildings are still being used for private events that have been booked already. They will come down after January, when the events are finished since I've heard nothing but bleak bleak news for the AC/CW Cast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAdventurer View Post
    So now that PI has been closed for a couple months, what's nightlife there like? Other places more crowded? Resorts bars, Boardwalk (one of my fears is that there'd be a huge spike at Jellyrolls and it'd be difficult to get in), etc... Or maybe places in DTD like RaglanRoad more crowded? Or a lot of people going off site?
    Was there a couple nights in October while visiting family. Spent my money at Citywalk at Universal. Disney dosent care about entertaining us adults after dark. Just the money they can make on families there now (after dark). The bars in the resteraunts..I can go to the local TGIF for that.
    73-4-5-76Cntpry-77-8-9Polnsyn-80-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-90-1-2 Disney villas-93-4-5-6-7-8 Crbn Bch-99 Grnd Flrdin -00 Anml Kngdm Ldg-01 Wldrns Ldg-02 Brdwlk-03Cntpry-04 Sratga Sprngs-05 Saratoga -06 Sratga -07 Grand California -07 Sratga- 08 Sratga- 09 Wldrns. Ldg.- 10 Treehouse villas

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess its too late for all of us Adventure Club loving intercotees to rent the club and have a meet for one last "kungaloosh." Oh well, I can dream (and watch utube!)
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I was wondering if PI was closed. I though I herd a while ago that it was only closed for renovation but is it shut down for good? I've never been but we are going in March with my sister and her bf and we were all hoping to get there this time. Bummer!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to tell you, but PI is closed for good. Disney came up with this 'bright idea' that they needed more eateries and shopping. I think it just needed more responsibility than Disney wanted to handle. Especially some years back when they allowed children in the bars like 70's and 80's club. It was horrible to see those miserable kids in there with all those adults (drinking) and loud music. It changed back to 21+ only, but I am not sure why it flip flopped anyway.
    But yep, all the clubs are gone. I also think they are trying to keep people drinking at their resorts. (Less security to pay)
    I am crushed that it closed.
    8/96"Poly"
    8/98 "Off Site"
    12/2002 "OKW"
    7/03-8/03 "AKL"
    12/03-1/04 "ASMU" "ASMO" "WL"
    6/04 "AKL"
    8/04 "AKL"

3/06 "BWI"
    8/06-9/06 "BCV"
    12/07 "AKL"
    8/2010 "AKL"

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in May and went to AC. There were quite a few children in there, and I felt uncomfortable. There was a lot of bawdy humor going on, let alone the drinking, and I wouldn't have brought my DS6 in there. Yet these kids were the same age.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a friend that plays in the piano show over at Pat O'Briens at Universal.

His name is Paul and if you're ever there when he is, request Somebody to Love by Queen.
    -- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 06 Orlando World Center Marriott
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    Jan 09 - It's my birthday!! Coronado Springs
    Nov 10 Long weekend offsite, 2 days
    Sept 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2012 BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media: