Quantcast Pumpkin Pie Stories

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pumpkin Pie Stories

I've been hearing around that people seem to have Pumpkin Pie stories - usually around Thanksgiving.

Do you have one?

I have one. I don't care for Pumpkin Pie. But one year on Thanksgiving, my Great-Aunt (whom is still alive - just turned 97) made a Pumpkin Pie (over 20 years ago) with Tofu. My cousin (who likes the pie) came into the living room and showed me her piece. When they cut into the pie, it liquified. Ewwwww
    So many ideas, so little time. I need a part-time job to support my craft habit.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 1!!

My friend and I decided that we would make one of the pies in her basement that her parents had bought for a fundraiser. We put the pumpkin pie into the oven, let it bake, and took it out. We immediately wanted pieces and didn't let it cool. I cut into it and the pie was liquid, being the crazy people we were, we grabbed a ladle, and put the 'pie soup" into cups and enjoyed

We let the remaining pie set up, and enjoyed that as well
    AP Holder since 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyAD View Post
    I've been hearing around that people seem to have Pumpkin Pie stories - usually around Thanksgiving.

Do you have one?

I have one. I don't care for Pumpkin Pie. But one year on Thanksgiving, my Great-Aunt (whom is still alive - just turned 97) made a Pumpkin Pie (over 20 years ago) with Tofu. My cousin (who likes the pie) came into the living room and showed me her piece. When they cut into the pie, it liquified. Ewwwww
    Tofu LOL!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

My sister made a pumpkin pie once. When it was done, she took it out of the oven and put it in the microwave so her cats wouldn't get into it. Because it was still hot when she put it in the microwave, the filling absorbed into the crust and left about a 1/2" gap all around and cracks in the remaining filling. It looked horrible, but supposedly tasted very good (I don't eat pumpkin).
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

One year when I lived with my father's mother, we had Thanksgiving at her friend's house. Well the people that were bringing the pie didn't show up, and the host didn't have a spare one just in case. So for me that was CRAVING pumpkin pie, that was just no good. On the way home we all complained that it just wasn't Thanksgiving due to no pie. We drove around 4 stores that WERE open that day. We ended up at Boston Market of all stores and bought out the rest of the pies they had. I ended up eating 3 pieces because it was sooo good. Now everyone makes sure to have pumpkin pie with me around, otherwise they better find a store that is open that sells it.
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    May 05-Bought Fairfield Timeshare on Disney Property
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

2008-Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not realy funny, but...

I make maple-pumpkin pie every year--usually 1 for my mom's and 1 for s-i-law's. DH loves the pie but usually only gets one slice. So this year I decided to make an extra 1 for him, and 1 for our friends. 4 pies. No big deal, it literally takes 5 minutes to throw them together.

The hard part is that after 15 minutes you have to cover the crusts with foil or they'll burn. (I just got done making them so this year's episode is especially fresh in my mind.) I tell you I spend at LEAST 15 minutes trying to finagle the foil around the edges of the pie--this year, times 4 pies. I tried pie shields, but my pie plates are too big.

Anyway, I'm glad I thought to make them while DD was at school, because I was swearing up a storm, throwing foil all over the house, kicking things LOL

Every year I SWEAR I'm never making them again. And the next year I make them.

The worst part is that I don't even LIKE pumpkin pie.

Anyway, told you it wasn't funny...although if you'd seen me during my pumpkin-pie-induced rage, you'd probably have laughed.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I just got off the phone with my mom, who is down in Florida and not coming up this year (flights were too expensive). She is hosting my in-laws, who live right near them in the winter. It's just going to be the 4 of them. My mom and MIL are both doing weight watchers, and MIL is diabetic. My mom told me that she is buying a cherry pie and making a pumpkin pie. I told her she was nuts because there are only 4 people, why do they need 2 pies? Especially when two people aren't going to eat dessert at all. Plus, my mom does not bake. Ever. So it seemed really strange.

This morning, my mom and MIL went to weight watchers together. MIL told my mom, for no apparent reason, that she and FIL hate pumpkin pie. She didn't know my mom was planning on making one. LOL. So, my mom realized that I was right and she decided not to make it after all.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one too!

One year my aunt decided to make the pie for Thanksgiving. Now this aunt is a vegitarian, marathon runner, who eats nothing more decadent than lettuce, so we were all a bit worried. After dinner, she brings the pie out, cuts it all up and gives us all a big slice. One bite was all any of us could take. It was sugar free, and made with peanut butter in the filling ! I guess she got the recipe from some fitness magazine. It was the nastiest thing I have ever tasted!!! We still tease her every year!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

A diferent twist to the original recipe..
    My school recently had a festivity day dealing with harvest. Parents were urged to bring in baked goods for the bake sale and for the cake walk. A young parent came in with a pie.... pumpkin with marshmallows
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

I do not make pumpkin pie because I do not like it. I was asked to bring a pumpkin pie for dessert one year and stopped at a grocery store to pick it up. Not realizing the difference I accidently got a sweet potato pie instead of pumpkin because everyone let me know. I did not know since I do not eat either and they were both the same color. Everyone did tell me though that they taste very simular.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: