Quantcast Stocking Stuffers - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought of duct tape but I love the idea. I usually do reeses peanut butter cups and scratch tickets in his stocking. For my boys they will probably get some sort of chocolates and maybe some small toys (tub toys or cars). When we were growing up we always got a clementine at the end of our stocking so we could have something to eat while we waited for our parents to wake up. We were allowed to open the stuff in our stocking but nothing beneath the tree until our mom and dad woke up and had a cup of coffee.
    Coreen

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite stocking stuffer is a Starbucks Gift Card. Thankfully Santa never brought me personal hygiene items. We were just talking about this at work the other day ... I had never heard of that before!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

The trial sized item section at target is a gold mine. We give crazy but little things in stockings:

hand sanitizer
    pack of car trash bags
    lotion
    toilet seat covers
    trial pack of Q-tips
    wet ones
    make up remover towlettes
    pain relievers
    small packs of kleenex
    chapstick

from the automotive/tool area:
    the aforementioned duct tape
    Armorall wipes
    defogging wipes
    utility knives
    WD-40
    batteries
    bungee cords
    zip ties

novelty items:
    card games
    pens with games on them (Boggle, Operation, etc)
    animal noses (everyone gets a different kind and then we take a picture)
    funny ornaments
    socks
    golf balls and tees

Our point is to surprise and delight each other, but also be practical and cheap.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Another great place for stocking stuffers [for girls/women] is Michael's. They have $1 bins and ALOT of nice stuff. I some times go over board there

Is anyone cutting back on gifts this year b/c of the economy? We are. Everyone is getting about 5 stocking stuffers each (usually we over fill the stockings). DH's main gift will be a gift card to Best Buy (DSDs & I will pool our money and get him a larger amount - probably around $40-$50)
    So many ideas, so little time. I need a part-time job to support my craft habit.

Post Thanks / Like

DH is getting some duct tape this year in his stocking too. I love that idea

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

The $1.00 stores are a vitual goldmine. For $10.00, you can put a serious bulge in a stocking.

Love the duct tape idea

I like to shop at Cost Plus World Market, if there's one where you live. Little jars of honey, candies, etc.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

DH usually gets a new toothbrush and some candy in his stocking. I usually get just a new toothbrush LOL

DD gets a toothbrush and chapstick (a tradition held over from my childhood), assorted $1 items, and some kind of M&M's (another tradition).
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coloradowendyl View Post
    Years ago when the boys were small, I bought these huge stockings...now that they are teens, I am always looking for bulky things to fill them!

Wendy
    My son also has a HUGE stocking. He could fit in it when he was small. Try getting a teen to trade this in for a smaller one. When he was small it was easy to fill from the dollar store. A big boat, some books, puzzles, lego, etc and there you were. A few years ago I figured that I must have spent between $200 - $300 to fill his stocking. I was shocked! I have no idea what to fill my DH and DS stockings with this year. I love the duct tape idea, but DH wouldn't think it was funny. Gift cards to Chapters is good, but that can get expensive also. Last year we all got new stockings from Disney World.........so now my son hangs up 2 stockings.
    Back in the good ole days DH and I would always give each other 1 expensive gift in their stockings along with lots of other stuff.......those were the days.
    Keep ideas coming as I am also in need of ideas for both DS and DH.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    My favorite stocking stuffer is a Starbucks Gift Card.
    This is what I was going to suggest. I think that's the gift that DH has used the most, because he reloads the card when it runs out.

Since our stocking gifts come from "Santa", I get stuff for DH and DD, and he's supposed to get stuff for me. However, it's a challenge for him just to buy me a present or two, let alone fill a stocking. Last year, I just picked out a couple small things for myself, and instructed him to put them in my stocking after DD and I went to bed.

Good luck!
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

DH & I have been married for 10 years - this will be our 11th Christmas together. Last year was the first Christmas that he actually got me stocking stuffers. I had to give him a list of ideas of what I would like.

You can't lay down hints to my DH - you have to give him a list. He usually asks me to write down quite a few things and he will get a couple of items from the list and some that are not on the list - that way I don't "know" what I am getting.

I have to admit, I have been surprised with the "big" gifts the past few years. About 4 years ago he bought me a sewing machine (after asking for 5 years ) 3 yrs ago he bought me a jacket that I had seen while we were in Alaska in 2003. He went on line and bought it. 2 yrs ago he got me a complete bathroom set (curtain, hooks, rug, toothbrush holder, towels etc). Last year was not a big surprise. He got me Season 4 of Lois & Clark and Season 4 of Quantum Leap. I am asking for Season 5 of QL this year. I think he already bought it and it was shipped to the house.

I like the Duct Tape idea - I will buy him a roll. He will probably say "Ooooh, I need this"
    So many ideas, so little time. I need a part-time job to support my craft habit.

Post Thanks / Like

Consider yourself lucky. My DH, when he was just my BF, was really good about getting me gifts. He'd get me what I wanted, and surprises, too.

Now, however, if I want something, I just buy it for myself. He thinks it's better that way, b/c then I know I'm getting something I like. I agree, somewhat, and it's nice buying whatever I want/need, but I miss surprises.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Tinks Mom - I love your " Look .... An Undead Monkey"

That is my favorite line in the movie!! It makes me laugh every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    I love the duct tape idea, but DH wouldn't think it was funny.
    There's nothing funny about duct tape, ma'am.
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

My stocking is usually pretty empty, except for the candy "Santa's" bought for everyone's stocking and some obligatory fruit and nuts.

But I usually get random things for everyone elses stockings. Both boys get some of their favorite snacks, socks, maybe some hot chocolate or coffee, a deck of their favorite card games, puzzle books, crayons/markers...

The checkout areas in Target or WalMart are great places to get ideas.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

i get anything small that can fit in the stocking...or out of all the things i get my hubby i try to stuff the smaller items in the stocking..good ideas are...cds..dvds..when my hubby smoked i would put in a pack or two of ciggarettes..scratch off lotto tickects...gift cards to there favorites stores..
    the stuff i usually get from my parents..is usually filled with candy..scratch off lotto tickets..lots of gift cards..and either a wad of money at the foot or a piece of jewerly!!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    i always give him scratch-off lottery tickets.
    We do that and also put them in birthday cards. It started out as a joke years ago until my SIL won $20,000.00 on a scratch off ticket. Now we're serious about it!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

lol @ the duct tape, I should get that for my mom! She lives on that stuff..."THE TOILET BROKE GET THE DUCT TAPE!!!" LOL!!! I swear she uses that stuff on everything. lol. I just used up a roll on her too I thought she was going to have a heart attack "You used all the duct tape, that the only roll I had!" lol....shes so funny. I already got my stocking stuffers done! yay for me! I got a patriots watch for DBF, lotions for mom, some jewelry for mom, like earrings and a matching necklace, and gifts for myself lol! I just cant say where and how...lol...dont want to upset Intercot, no self promotion...lol...I got stuff cheap though, I got most of my christmas shopping done already. Now I just have to go out for big fun stuff the day after with my friend Lori and get the rest done and then Im off to wrapping!! woo...Am I wierd, but I love wrapping gifts lol! I have so much fun by myself wrapping! lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyAD View Post
    Last year was not a big surprise. He got me Season 4 of Lois & Clark and Season 4 of Quantum Leap. I am asking for Season 5 of QL this year. I think he already bought it and it was shipped to the house.
    A person after my own heart. Gotta love Quantum Leap!!!
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    May 05-Bought Fairfield Timeshare on Disney Property
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

2008-Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessjojo View Post
    My stocking is usually pretty empty, except for the candy "Santa's" bought for everyone's stocking and some obligatory fruit and nuts.
    Isn't it pretty sad at how many woman have this happen to them. We always seem to take care of the Men in our lives, but what are they thinking? When the men are still boyfriends, they are good at gift buying.......when they become husbands, what happens?
    Of course there are always exceptions out there, but I have a few good friends that pretty much end up with an empty Christmas. Okay, I know that Christmas is not all about getting gifts, but does it not make you feel good to know that someone is thinking about you when you receive a little something. I know that I put a lot of thought into my gift buying, always looking for that something perfect for the person.
    Did you all know that you can buy duct tape in assorted colours now?
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    Did you all know that you can buy duct tape in assorted colours now?
    I did. I used to know someone that used to make wallets and pocket books out of colored duct tape. She actually kind of had her own business with it, she used to sell them. But they werent that pretty looking....and at $80.00 I could have died when she said that....I was like Im sorry Im not paying $80.00 for a duct tape purse...I love duct tape....but not that much.....and they were ugly....lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16