Quantcast Why is Swan bus service rate "D"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why is Swan bus service rate "D"

Hello Intercotees:

We will be staying at the Swan in early January. In the Unofficial Guide to WDW the Swan shuttle (bus) service is rated "D" while the Dolphin is rated "A-".

Does anyone know why the Swan is rated a "D" for the Disney bus service?
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    DLR - AP
    Walt Disney World
    May 1988, 2000, 2003, Oct 2006 - Offsite
    May 1990 - Cruise/CBR
    May 2006 - POR & Swan
    May 2007 - Tokyo Disney Sea
    Jan 2009, May 2010, Jan 2013, May 2015 - Swan
    Sept 2016 - Wyndham Grand BC/Swan
    Sept 2018 - Dolphin

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin and they share bus service. So, the only reason I can think they would rate it lower is if the bus stops at the Swan 2nd. It seems like when we were there in October, it stopped at the Swan 1st when we were returning from the Magic Kingdom. That's the only bus trip I even remember. You can walk or take the boat to Epcot and Disney Studios. You will also have to take the bus to AK. We were very pleased with the bus service, so I would not worry about it. Also, the Swan is definitely our preference out of those 2 resorts. The queen beds are so much better than the doubles at Dolphin; and the Dolphin is HUGE, takes forever to get anywhere in that resort. They just finished a refurb of the rooms, so they have new paint, Flat Panel TV's and new paint, etc. Plus the heavenly bed is awesome. Enjoy!
    July 1980 Disney Inn, June 1982 CR, June 1985 CR, June 1986 CR, June 1987 CR, December 1992 GF, December 2001 CR, November 2002 BC, November 2003 BC, November 2004 GF, October 2005 BC, October 2006 BC, March 2007 Swan, March 2008 Dolphin, May 2008 BC, October 2008 Swan, November 2008 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin. There is virtually no difference in bus service to these resorts, as they are serviced on the same route. When we were there last, the Dolphin was picked up first, then the Swan and then the Boardwalk. I can't imagine how one hotel could get that much of a different grade over the others, as you all step off the bus to Magic Kingdom at the same time.
    Maybe it's a typo!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

As stated, that makes absolutely no sense. It must be a typing error. In our experience, the bus servive for S&D is very good.

Post Thanks / Like

The route also includes the Beach Club and Yacht Club.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jillluvsdisney View Post
    The route also includes the Beach Club and Yacht Club.
    Not always. Every time I have stayed at either Beach Club, Boardwalk or the Dolphin, I have not been on a bus which goes to all the Epcot Resorts. I think the only time that this could happen is Downtown Disney, but I never experienced it. Leaving the parks, there is one bus stop for the Yacht and Beach Club and a separate stop for Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

The number of stops at other hotels from the Swan or Dolphin varies based on the time of year, time of day, expected crowds, etc. In the old days, you did stop at all of the Epcot resorts, which could make a lengthy trip. On recent trips, though, they've been better at divying it up. Sometimes - mostly in the morning and at closing time - there's a single bus for the Swan & Dolphin, while other times we've been combined with either the Yacht and Beach Club or the Boardwalk, but it's been a long time since I've been on a bus from that stopped at all of the hotels. There should be no difference between the Swan and Dolphin with respect to the buses.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree, there is no real difference between the two. I've never been on a bus that would bypass the Swan so it's not that one gets more frequent service.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

makes no sence its some of the best service because occasionally they just bring you straight there and use another bus for yacht/beach/boardwalk. While other disney hotels usually have at least 3 on the bus list!
    Disney World
    My home away from home

Last Trip: ESPN Weekend 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Another confirmation that the guide must be mistaken. We've stayed @ both Swan & Dolphin and find BOTH bus services some of the best (far surpassing WL in our opinion)

Post Thanks / Like

That really is odd. Besides, not only do you have access to the bus service, you also have the boats to get you to a few places. That helps a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I agree ... since they share bus service it's almost impossible for one to be an "A" and the other a "D." My guess is it was based on some guest-driven rating system and for some reason or another they just picked a bad bunch for the Swan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
    They just finished a refurb of the rooms, so they have new paint, Flat Panel TV's and new paint, etc. Plus the heavenly bed is awesome. Enjoy!
    Just FYI, I stayed at both the Swan and the Dolphin last week and neither one of my rooms had a flat panel TV. I would guess not all rooms have been refurbed yet.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The Boardwalk is my home resort and what I hate most about it is the bus situation since we frequently stopped at all 5 resorts there. I don't know if it was time of day, season or what but it got annoying after a while. A 15 minute ride would take 30 with all the stops.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: