Quantcast Golf Cart pickup ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

SFTrny Guest

Default Golf Cart pickup ?

I read on another board that starting Oct 1, golf carts would be picked up at the Reception Outpost. Has anyone experienced that yet? Is it working well?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's supposed to make life easier, but all of us in recreation have been a little stand-offish about it. They got rid of our CARTS system (computer program for booking the rentals) and integrated it with the primary resort reservations system. It now means carts can be picked up 24/7. I haven't been there to see how its working, but from what I've heard about it, it's supposed to make y'alls lives easier. They've had it in planning for a while, so I expect they have it on lock and there aren't many issues.
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information..I didn't know this.
    So where do we go?
    ThatChick loves Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

Front desk I think. Last I heard that's where they were staging them. If not, Bike Barn still.
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

okay..sounds like it's going to work out okay...it would be nice to know that you can get your cart when you check in...
    ThatChick loves Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I have also been told you can now rent them upon check in at the front desk. Personally from a non-renters point of view I think this is just gonna make the check-in take longer. I wish FW would make a needing a golf cart check in line and or make at least one line express and a non rental line. You know kinda like airports are doing now at the security check ins. One line for business travelers that know what their doing and have been through the security 50 million times, a newbie line and a familes and needing assistant line. I am not a patient person can you tell? And I usually try to check in between 1:30-2:00 to avoid most of the wait for check in, which has worked so far. I could probably give the check in speil for the FW CM's and I hate thought of now having to wait even longer to get my 5th wheel set up. But we'll see...I'll be checking in Thanksgiving week.
    Mmketeer

SFTrny Guest

We've never had more than 1 person ahead of us at FW check-in, but yes...I can see how the gold carts might slow things a bit.

We are checking in Thanksgiving week as well...and we have a golf cart reserved. If we are taking too long...give us a smile and we'll try to speed things along!

Thanksgiving at FW is THE BEST!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Golf cart pick up

Hi,
    Yes you are right, the carts are now rented at the front desk and no longer at the bike barn. I can see where it is much easier for guests renting but it seems like it would be a pain for cast members. The carts are parked on the right as you come in through the RV check in line, if your in a car you now have to park in the lot as all the carts are lined up in two or three rows deep (it could get crowded). The nice part is you can get your cart when you check in and drop it off when you check out without having to walk to or from the bike barn.
    Bless you, Terri
    1979 to 1987 Offsite
    1988 to 1991 CB, DL & PO. Ft Wilderness campsite 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 2000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 Xmas & New Year every year & at least 2 or more other visits per year. July & Oct 08

Post Thanks / Like

We had absolutely no problems picking ours up at the outpost (check-in). The only thing is you don't drop off where you pick up. If this is signposted, I missed it. No problem though, the CM just drove it across the lot to where it was supposed to be.
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: