Quantcast Osborne lights

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Osborne lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Osborne lights

We will be at wdw the first few days of Jan. We want to attend the osborne lights. Just curious is there a line? How long does the line generally take if there is one? How long does it take to walk through the display?
    Disney World
    My home away from home

Last Trip: ESPN Weekend 2010!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If they still display the Osborne family lights like they used to, they're down the streets toward the backlot of DHS. (When we saw them, they were with the houses from the Golden Girls, etc.) Think they just put them on the streets heading back to Lights, Cameras, Motorcars now. Anyway, you just stroll thru them at your leisure. No lines, no waiting. Have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

If my memory is correct, there's a one way system in via "abc commissary", down towards "Lights Motors Action" and exit past Mama Melrose.

The walk through is at your own pace 30mins or so depending how much you stop and stare.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Another question, when do they turn on the lights? At dusk or a specific time i.e. 7:00pm. Thanks.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

January 2008 was our first time. We were standing around by the end of the Backlot tour and when it was almost dark they turned them on. The "dancing", snow, and music runs in intervals. But, once they light it up, it stays lit. We noticed somewhat of a flow down the street, but there were also lots of people just standing around enjoying the sights.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away...

** Next Trip January 2009!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lights Time

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    Another question, when do they turn on the lights? At dusk or a specific time i.e. 7:00pm. Thanks.

The lights go on every night at 6:00 PM. They have a huge lightswitch on New York street, and they have a short ceremony where someone new each night gets the priviledge of lighting the streets. It is amazing when all of the lights start coming on!!!
    Waiting does not seem long once it is accomplished.Old Saying.

Feb '98, POFQ
    Nov '98, Car. Beach
    Mar 2000, All-Music
    Oct '01, Cont.
    Jan '03. All-Music
    Nov '03, Royal Plaza
    Dec '04, Pop-Cent.
    Sept '05, All-Sports
    Jan '06, POFQ
    Dec '06, WL
    Sept '07, AKL
    Apr. '08, Hilton/GF
    Dec. '08, GF

Post Thanks / Like

There really is no "right way" to go in. You can feel free to wonder and look as much as you want from either direction, but when its really crowded, you kind of get pushed in one direction
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

The Osborne Lights were by favorite thing about our trip last December. You could walk through in about 10 minutes but I would definetly plan on being there at least 30-45 minutes. The lights "dance" every 15 minutes and you don't want to miss that. If you want to do a photopass picture that line was always very backed up. (I never saw it with less than 10 people) I say grab a hot chocolate, watch the snow fall and take your time. IMHO this is disney magic at it's best!
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

The Osborne lights are a must see every November trip for us! They are so amazing to see and experience. Get hot chocolate and stroll along the streets just taking it all in!
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

We are so excited that we will get to see them this year. We will be there for the last couple of days that they are up. . A couple of years ago we were there in October and even unlit they seemed magical, but now we will be able to experience them all lit up and not have to imagine them any more. YEA

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I love them!!!!! They are so beautiful with all that music that goes with the lighting. Dh and I will be seeing them in a few weeks.

26 days and counting to Disney.......17 more work days for DH and I. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdventurerKim View Post
    The Osborne lights are a must see every November trip for us! They are so amazing to see and experience. Get hot chocolate and stroll along the streets just taking it all in!
    We like them too, but this year they are not up until November 28th. Will miss them.
    Last trip Thanksgiving 2006. Next trip Thanksgiving 2008
    God gives us free will. Choose wisely

Post Thanks / Like

I read on another website that they generally have unofficial previews of the lights a few nights prior to Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, when they would do this?
    July 1980 Disney Inn, June 1982 CR, June 1985 CR, June 1986 CR, June 1987 CR, December 1992 GF, December 2001 CR, November 2002 BC, November 2003 BC, November 2004 GF, October 2005 BC, October 2006 BC, March 2007 Swan, March 2008 Dolphin, May 2008 BC, October 2008 Swan, November 2008 AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: