Quantcast Help me select a moderate

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me select a moderate

We're thinking about doing a 30th anniv. trip next Aug/Sept. The only mod I've ever stayed at is CBR, all other times have been at Values. Which mods do you like and why. Looking for something a little more romantic and charming. Also, if we could get a good deal on a lower price deluxe room which would you recommend. If memory serves me, the time we are planning to go is value season. We could get a bounce back offer when we go this Dec. Just want to have a game plan before we leave.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at all the values and mods except for POFQ, and let me say that if you want romantic or charming...you will not go wrong with POR or POFQ. We stayed at POR last year, and I cannot say enough about how much I loved this resort. It is a good size, but that never matters when you are there because it is so beautiful. We had a room in the Alligator Bayou section...which was a more woodsy, rustic feel of the south...the rooms were great, nice size, small fridge, very cute decor. They also have a sitdown restaurant there called BoatWrights. The foodcourt was great. We never a had a problem with the busses. The mansions are very nice, we walked over to them for pictures and they are beautiful. POR and FQ also have boat transportation to DTD...one of my fave things about this place. We took the boat every time we went to DTD in the evenings...it was so relaxing to get away from the crowded busses...it does take about 20mins, but it is too nice to pass up.

We loved POR so much...we had to see what French Quarter was like, so we booked FQ for our upcoming trip in 3 weeks. This resort is much more smaller, but a lot of people say its more romantic. FQ also has the boat to DTD. From looking at pictures of FQ, I really like the pastel colors throughout the resort..and the grounds also look wonderful. Oh...and I cannot wait to try the Beignets!!!!!!

Let us know what you choose!!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the POFQ for the first time last month. I totally loved that it's a smaller resort and the beignets were great!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Csr
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for romantic I would go with POFQ...It is smaller and more intimate than the others.
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

Post Thanks / Like

Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate. It's very charming and has many of the features (including room service) that are available at the deluxes.

If you move into a deluxe, I'd highly recommend Wilderness Lodge!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'll second Linda's suggestion of Wilderness Lodge for a good affordable Deluxe. My DH and I spent our honeymoon there several years ago and it was perfect. It's still my favorite WDW resort.

As for moderates, I've always been partial to POR/POFQ. Either is great. If you're looking for "charming", go for French Quarter.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

CSR! Crystal and I stayed there this past August/September and it was amazing. The resort was beautiful, the pools were nice, and bus service was great. Go with CSR!

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

Post Thanks / Like

We celebrated our 25th anniversary last month at the CSR--our favorite (and only mod) to stay at. We were upgraded to a suite and our stay was perfect as always. The landscaping is gorgeous and the resort is absolutely beautiful at night when the sun goes down and the lights are reflecting off the lake and the fountains in the courtyards of the Casitas section. There is a new lounge that has drinks and music; and all of the beds have been changed to queen beds--the only moderate to have them. It is a large resort like the Caribbean, so if you don't want that, then I would go with the POFQ as it is a much smaller resort and also very beautiful. The only deluxe that we would like to stay at that we haven't (we've stayed Poly and Contemporary) is the Animal Kingdom Lodge--but it is expensive.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

A vote for POR- We usually stay in the Mansions, but all sections are beautiful. It's just a beautiful romantic resort. Very "Southern Charm". It is a big resort, but we find that Bldg 85 is pretty centrally located to the lobby/food court and bus stops.
    July 1976-Off Site
    March 1993-Off-Site
    Oct. 1994-Port Orleans
    Feb. 1997-Port Orleans
    Dec. 1998-Dixie Landings-Cruise-Dixie Landings
    Nov. 2001-Caribbean Beach
    Nov. 2004-POR-CRUISE-POR
    Sept 2005 DL Paradise Pier
    Dec. 2006 POP
    Dec. 2007 CR
    Nov. 2008- POR
    Oct. 2010 BWV
    Nov. 2011 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to all the mods and we prefer POFQ because of it's quaintness and size. CSR offers the most amenities but we are never at the resort long enough to enjoy them. CBR was our least favorite but they have done alot of remodeling of the pools and rooms and I am hearing good things. POR is probably our second favorite after POFQ. We have never stayed at any mod and had a poor experience and hopefully that trend will continue.
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001
    Disney villas 2000

Post Thanks / Like

We always stay at POR...You dont get the feeling of never leaving the parks like the values do...AB is great...Its quiet and very rustic...Building 14 is the best IMO because it is close to the food court, Boatwrights and the busses...
    If you do stay at POR then you really need to eat breakfast at Boatwrights...The sweet potato pancakes are worth the stay...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for POFQ. It was a great resort.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

buzz2001 Guest

CSR!! Great main pool area, awesome transportation, and terrific food options. Check out my CSR website (by clicking on my name above) for pics and info. CSR now has queen beds in all the rooms and will have club level rooms as of 01/2009!!

http://i34.tinypic.com/11kfg3p.jpg

nikki'smom Guest

CSR!! The queen beds would be great to have along with all the other features.

lilolvr Guest

CSR!! I love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one. Queen beds too!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd stick with CBR. Been to POFQ for a visit but never appealed to ME. Although the food court at CSR sounds yummo.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Por

POR is a very romantic place to stay. My husband and I stayed the past 2 years. There are not alot of kids running around. There is also lots of places to walk - and the carriage ride is great. Nice and quiet....Each night when we got back from the parks - we took the bus to the main entrance and walked back to our rooms in the Mansion Sections.....very nice resort!
    POR April/May 2007
    POR April/May 2008
    POP April/May 2009
    POR April/May 2010!!!!!!
    POR Feb/March 2011!
    POP May 2011!!!!!!!!
    POP DEC 2012
    OFF Property May 2013
    POP NOV 2013
    CSR JAN-FEB 2014 (they upgraded us from POP)
    POP MAY 14
    I love my Pens!

badllamamama Guest

Another vote for CSR for all the reasons already listed!!

Post Thanks / Like

The only mod we haven't stayed in is CBR. Each of the others has something I liked but I highly recommend CSR.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL