Quantcast Caribbean Beach Rennovations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Caribbean Beach Rennovations

Just to let everyone interested know that I the next "village" in line for rennovation at the Caribbean Beach Resort is Barbados.

I know this because I recently saw one of the buildings near the quiet pool being rennovated.

For those not in the know, the rennovation involves totally redecorating the rooms around a nice, clean, new Finding Nemo look. So far, Martinique has been rennovated to this new theme.

The theme includes blue painted walls, new carpets, a new TV stand with a fridge inside, a new (much bigger) TV, Finding Nemo themed bed covers, Finding Nemo themed wallpaper border, new blue curtains, new yellow vanity area separation curtain themed after The Little Mermaid and new taps in the sinks. (Amoung other things I've probably forgotten)

I just got back from a two week stay in the World at the Caribbean Beach Resort. While our first night was spent in Aruba in a room with a very long list of faults (you can see why they're rennovating the rooms), we promptly requested and received a nice shiny newly rennovated room in Martinique. Personally, we found the new style of rooms very pleasent, clean and comfortable

Any other questions and I'll try and answer 'em .

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't by any chance take any good pis of the new rooms did you?
    °O° Cassandra °O°

Beach Club 4/07
    Caribbean Beach 2/09

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't I'm afraid! When we move into a hotel room it tends to get very messy very fast :P.

I can PM you a link to some pictures on another website though (as I think I recall Intercot having strict link-posting rules).

Post Thanks / Like

That's ok, I just wondered if anyone had pictures other than the ones we've seen already. We are staying in a pirate room in Feb; Did you see anything going on in Trinidad South ?
    °O° Cassandra °O°

Beach Club 4/07
    Caribbean Beach 2/09

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, nothing yet! The new pool looks very very nice though. Especially if you've got kids young enough to enjoy the crazy water slide thing. The area outside the gift shop is a lot more "piratey" than when I was there in 2005, with some ghost pirate statue-things.

Post Thanks / Like

What was the list of faults in Aruba? I was just there a month ago, and didn't notice anything horrible. What building was it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerald72 View Post
    What was the list of faults in Aruba? I was just there a month ago, and didn't notice anything horrible. What building was it?
    Building 55 I THINK. I might be wrong. If that sounds right, it probably is. I seem to remember "5519" being the room number.

The beds creaked so bad it kept us all up at night, the air conditioning smelt really weird, all the furnature had scuff-marks on it and was dirty, the toilet wouldn't flush properly, when you ran the tap, it made the toilet squeek afterwards until you touched the flush, the bed covers didn't look like they'd been washed for a long time and the furnature was stiff to open/close.

I'm not saying every room in Aruba is terrible, obviously. I just think the whole resort is in need of a little spruce up to be honest. We stayed in Barbados in 2005 (I think we actually stayed in the building they're currently rennovating) in two rooms next to each other and had absolutely no problems at all! It just varies from room to room.

Another factor for us wanting to change room was the walk to the food court, which normally wouldn't bother us aside from the fact my Mum had to have emergency surgery a month or so before we left and we wanted to reduce the ammount of walking as much as possible. If we'd have known about that we might have tried another one of the moderates, but we really did like CBR when we stayed in 05.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the Caribean Beach resort. The only reason we aren't staying there next year is because of the amount of walking- my Father-in-law who has parkinson's and my aunt who will be 77 years old. I had no problems with our room which was in the Bermuda section. Very nice. SO these updates will make it even better. Thanks for the update.

Post Thanks / Like

Have all the Martinique buildings been renovated?
    Does anyone know the best way to get a waterview room in a preferred building?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcornette View Post
    Does anyone know the best way to get a waterview room in a preferred building?
    We are paying for Preferred. But also interested in answer to other question.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update! Just this morning we decided to stay at CBR next Sept. for DD's 4th b-day trip. She had a pirate themed party this year and we plan to stay in a pirate themed room! I saw a few pictures of the new pool area - could you tell me some more about the pirate ship looking water thing? Is that in the main pool? Would a 4 year old be able to enjoy it? Thanks for any info!!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

We were supposed to stay in POR but somehow the travel agent had messed up and booked us a room with two beds instead of a king bed. Who wants two beds on their honeymoon?? Anyways they found a king bed with a waterview at CBR and we stayed there. We were in Jamica with a water view and couldnt have been happier. Room was clean, had a great housekeeper, and the bed was very comfortable. Sure we had a little hike to old port royale but didnt care. Jamica also seemed to be the first stop for the buses in the morning.
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what buildings at CBR will be pirate themed and which will be Nemo themed?
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljv1975 View Post
    Thanks for the update! Just this morning we decided to stay at CBR next Sept. for DD's 4th b-day trip. She had a pirate themed party this year and we plan to stay in a pirate themed room! I saw a few pictures of the new pool area - could you tell me some more about the pirate ship looking water thing? Is that in the main pool? Would a 4 year old be able to enjoy it? Thanks for any info!!
    The new pirate ship is in a separate area with water that looks maybe a couple of feet deep. There is a huge bucket at the top that has water pouring into it constantly, and when it gets full enough, it tips over and spills out. I heard it happening and hurried to get there to see it, but it was done by the time i got there. It sounds like a big deluge of water, but I can't say exactly where it falls, ie, if it's actually on the kids playing on the ship. The area looked fun for a 4 yo as long as they wouldn't get overwhelmed if the water does pour out on the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    Does anyone know what buildings at CBR will be pirate themed and which will be Nemo themed?
    I believe all the rooms will be Nemo-themed except for So Trinidad, which will have the pirate rooms. I assume all of So Trinidad will be the pirate theme.

Post Thanks / Like

Re the question about getting a water view in a preferred location-

Water view rooms are a separate add'l charge, whether in a preferred location or one of the other "islands". At booking, you would ask for a water view room, and a preferred location. Also, I think water view can refer to both the lagoon and the quiet pool. You might want to ask (if that makes a difference for you) - for example, if a view of the lagoon is worth extra to you, but maybe a view of the pool isn't....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcornette View Post
    I'm not absolutely 100% sure, but I'm going to say yes. I think the luggage guy (I think you call them bellhops?) said that all of Martinique had been done when he moved us in.

So again, not 100% sure, but I think so .
    1998 : All Star Sports
    2001 : Off-Site
    2005 : Caribbean Beach
    2008 : Caribbean Beach
    2011 : Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2015 (Aug/Sept) : Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pirate rooms?

I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere. But have any of the Pirate Rooms been finished ? Has anyone been able to book these rooms with a guarantee?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I may have answered my own question. I came across this in another post...

written by: Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    The Pirate of the Caribbean Rooms at Disney's Caribbean Beach resort will not be available till Fall 2009.

Renovations for this conversion have not yet even begun

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, at least some of the pirate rooms will be ready at the end of Jan 2009. If you go onlie like you are going to book a room and you check CBR starting around Jan 24, 2009, you will see the choice for the pirate rooms. And our family is booked into one of the rooms for our end of Feb 2009 trip.
    °O° Cassandra °O°

Beach Club 4/07
    Caribbean Beach 2/09

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: