Quantcast What is going on with these Resorts????? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

You know I'm the one who mentioned that about housekeeping being outsourced, but now that I think about it I don't think that's right. I think it is just front desk and valet at the deluxes.

Which is really bad, then. Disney doesn't even have that as an excuse.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with a post from Belster earlier. I am also grateful that I am able to vacation with the economy the way that it is. I have never had an unpleasant experience at Disney before during all of the my visits, but that doesn't mean that it won't happen. Whenever I have a bad experience, I try to remember that sometimes there's nothing you can do about the people factor. A company can do all they can to train their staff, but people as a whole are unpredictable. I think the best thing to do is to calmly advise management when something unsatisfactory happens. I also remember what it was like for me when I worked at Six Flags (for 6 years). As a whole, I prided myself on my work and how I treated guests. But I would be lying if I said that there weren't instances when I wasn't the best employee or could have been judged as unhelpful.
    6/85 - Offsite
    12/86 - DI
    12/91 - CR
    11/93 - FWC
    1/99 - CSR
    9/99 - POFQ
    1/01 - CBR/PR
    9/02 - OKW
    1/03 - BCV
    10/04 - SSR
    5/05 - Poly
    11/06 - POFQ
    2/07 - BWV
    11/07 - BWV/POR
    5/08 - OKW/VB
    9/08 - AKL
    05/09 - AKL/VB
    10/09 - GF
    And a few DLR for good measure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belster View Post
    I have said it before and will say it again. I go on vacation, which right now with people loosing their homes and other things I feel is a blessing, and I never look for things to go wrong. I keep a positive attitude and positive comes my way. How blessed are all of us to even be able to visit WDW?

No problems here.
    I agree with your statement 100%. We would love to go to Disney World this year but we had two bad job scares this year. I worked for a major airline in our state and I lost my job. Fortunately I have a small part time job doing data entry, it is a huge decrease in salary but I have something which makes me happy. My husband was let go from his job that he has had for 11 years, he was fortunate enough to get another position within the same company.

With all this happening we realized there was no way we could go to Disney World this year. So we took money gifts from his birthday, my birthday and our anniversary and we are going to Disneyland. A lot closer to home...we got a steal on our airline, we are flying Virgin America, and to keep cost down we are not staying at a Disney hotel but at a good neighbor hotel.

We are thrilled beyond words to be taking this trip. Two out of three of our daughters are going with us. One works full time and the other is a senior in high school. Our oldest worked her tush off this summer so she could continue in college where she is now a junior.

I'm sorry to be on my and I realize I am a little I do want to say, yes I have noticed that service is not as great as it has been in the past. However, I focus on the cast members that are truly enjoying their job and hope that as time goes on service will improve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by #1Dduckfan View Post
    I also remember what it was like for me when I worked at Six Flags (for 6 years). As a whole, I prided myself on my work and how I treated guests. But I would be lying if I said that there weren't instances when I wasn't the best employee or could have been judged as unhelpful.
    Great point. We demand a perfect experience from every cast member we come into contact with, yet how many of us can say we've given 100% every single day that we've worked and have NEVER had an unhappy customer in our own line of business. And of course we expect it from people who are getting paid much much less than many of us make and doing jobs a lot of us would never consider taking.

That's not to say mistakes aren't made and shouldn't be fixed, but in all the times I'm at Disney I can say the positive experiences with CMs outweigh the negative 100 to 1.

Post Thanks / Like

I have said it before and will say it again. I go on vacation, which right now with people loosing their homes and other things I feel is a blessing, and I never look for things to go wrong. I keep a positive attitude and positive comes my way. How blessed are all of us to even be able to visit WDW?

No problems here.
    I totally agree- lets all be happy we have the opportunity to do this-
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Sorry, but I can't just ignore sub-standard service and say that I should be happy to be getting it because after all, it is Disney sub-standard service.

Disney commands a premium price for everything from the resorts to parks to restaurants because of its reputation for world class treatment of guests. I can't speak for anyone else obviously, but I think this gives guests the right to expect the level of service that we are paying for.

You don't expect Hilton style service at a Motel 6, but at Disney prices I think it is perfectly reasonable to have pretty high expectations.

Just my
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    Sorry, but I can't just ignore sub-standard service and say that I should be happy to be getting it because after all, it is Disney sub-standard service.

Disney commands a premium price for everything from the resorts to parks to restaurants because of its reputation for world class treatment of guests. I can't speak for anyone else obviously, but I think this gives guests the right to expect the level of service that we are paying for.

You don't expect Hilton style service at a Motel 6, but at Disney prices I think it is perfectly reasonable to have pretty high expectations.

Just my
    Hoo-rah. I agree with you 100%. I think one should have an appreciation for having the resources to take a Disney vacation but that shouldn't extend to appreciating Disney simply for providing the opportunity. At the end of the day it is a business and you can bet Disney and its shareholders see it that way.

Think about McDonald's. While you may or may not be a fan, a large part of their success is predicated on a consumers ability to walk into any location in the country and know what to expect with regard to the food. If the locations weren't consistent they would be out of business. Similarly, Disney built the business on service so it shouldn't come as a shock when people complain about them not meeting expectations. Outsourcing, labor requirements and the economy are only interesting, the franchise was built on quality and service. I don't suspect Disney will choose to abandon that philosophy and when they don't meet expectations they should hear about it.

Post Thanks / Like

No problems here.
    Me Too!!! I am sooooo grateful that I have a fantastic family living situtation that allows for me to go to WDW.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean that we should lower our expectations at Disney or that we should just be grateful they're letting us stay at their resort, but rather that I tend to chalk up a bad experience to
    -(stuff) happens, even cast members have off days
    rather than
    -oh my god, it's all going downhill, I'm never staying there again.

I'm there quite a bit, so I just go by my experience, but I think they're doing a darn good job.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree that mousekeeping, or lack thereof, is a big problem. I didn't realize it was outsourced. Maybe they need to find a new company.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: