Quantcast Top 10 Things Overheard in the parks. - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

On our first trip to DisneyWorld, my daughter kept saying she didn't like Eddy over and over again, and we couldn't figure out who this person was. We finally figured out who Eddy was when she plugged her ears and closed her eyes tight, when we were on Mount Everest. To this day we still tease her and call the Yeti, Eddy!

Also, we were waiting for a bus at one of the parks one day and it was the hottest most humid day possible. We've all been there before: there was an exceptionally long line up and everyone was tired from being at the park all day, and busses were not coming quickly. We were going to just barely make it on the next bus. As the bus pulls up, this boy behind us goes pushing everyone in line to get by them, bumping people, going under ropes. Naturally, we assumed his family was somewhere up ahead in the line. As it turns out, he was sent up ahead by his family behind us, to get on the bus quckly and secure seats for his entire family on the bus! The things you see at Disney! We were too tired to do anything but laugh, as we "stood" there on the bus...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the exact words of the discussion between the bus driver and all of us on the bus, but here goes.

I have to set this up first. The bus driver was about 3 years older than being buried. Seriously, he looked more dead than that freaky guy in Poltergeist 2. I know it is not nice to point this out, but it paints the appropriate picture. We were on a full bus at about 10:30AM to Animal Kingdom. The sign on the bus says Animal Kingdom, his little computer screen thing that sends him on his way says Animal Kingdom, and his entire spiel says Animal Kingdom. We pass through the overhead greeting you to Magic Kingdom. It took my dad and I about 5 times telling him he went to the wrong park. He had to call back in to verify if he was supposed to go to MK or AK.

Needless-to-say, there were about 40 upset people on the bus. I just laughed because this guy just totally blew it. The people on the bus were a little mean to him. The 10 minute detour was worth it for me. At that point he started playing it off by talking about going to Blizzard Beach. He even jumped in the turn lane to get the people going some more.

You had to be there. It was fun and comical.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

We were there all week last week and the one thing that stands out in my mind was on our last night...

We were in Epcot for EMH and it was getting pretty late. Ike was moving into South Texas and South West Louisiana (I have family and close friends that live there) and we were going to have to drive back the next day threw East Texas right about when he could possibly be hitting. Needless to say, I was a little stressed. Well, my DH wasn't feeling so well so we had to make a restroom stop. So while I was waiting for him there was this family obviously waiting on someone as well. At first I couldn't really tell that they were all together, but there was a dad with a double stroller, but only one sleeping child in it, sitting on one bench and an older couple sitting on the other bench. After about 3 minutes of sitting there I hear a woman in the companion restroom started yelling, "DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT! NO!! DON'T TOUCH THAT! I TOLD YOU TO STOP THAT!!!! LET GOOOOO!!!!!!" And then I see someone trying to open the door. As she's doing this she her husband gets up but just kind of stands there so she starts screaming at him, "YOU'VE GOT TO HELP ME! DO SOMETHING!!" (I still couldn't see her, btw) and he finally opens the door up all the way and swings the stroller around so she can put the screaming child into it. At which point the little boy puts both legs out and both arms out because he apparently didn't want to get back into the stroller and wasn't going in without a fight. When she finally got him into it she immediately stuck a bottle in his mouth and he relaxed and quit his screaming and squirming and was almost instantly asleep (I then realized that the kids were twins and probably around 1 year old, maybe a little younger). She then very calmly says, Thank you, goes back into the restroom to get the diaper bag and off they all go.

Funniest thing I've ever seen in my whole life. Mainly because they just acted like that was a normal occurrence (even though the grandparents were getting a kick out of it, too).
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Auroring Good Time View Post
    We were watching the show outside of POTC. My son was one of the children chosen to become a pirate. He was very excited. The children were lined up and shown that in order to become a pirate that had to take there swords and slash once to the left, once to the right and then point behind their opponent and say "oh, look, the governor's daughter". When it was my son's turn, Jack Sparrow said that he would fight him. My son was thrilled, what an honor. So my son, slashed to the left, and then to the right and very seriously said "oh, look, the fairy godmother!" I swear, Jack Sparrow, froze in his tracks.
    My son would kill me if he found out I was writing this but I couldn't help it.
    How cute!! That is something I can picture my son doing!
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I had to bring this back up

I liked this thread when it was active and wanted to share something I overheard when we were visiting WDW just a couple weeks ago. After we came out from meeting Prince Caspian in DHS, my DS9 was questioning my
    DD17. This was the exchange.

Jesse: "Where is Prince Caspian from?"
    Tori: "Narnia."
    Jesse: "No, I mean the country!"
    Tori: "Narnia!"
    Jesse: "Narnia isn't a country, it's a closet."

End of discussion. As a mom, I really enjoyed that and thought some of you may as well.
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

While checking in at Fort Wilderness, there was a family checking in next to us. The son (looked about 16 or so) was inquiring about golf carts. I think he asked if he could drive it all over and the person checking them in said yes, and then the boy said "What about to Epcot? Can we drive the golf cart to Epcot?"

I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Hahahaha. He was so serious!!!!!
    Star light, star bright,
    first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
    and all our wishes,
    will come true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessjojo View Post
    Just last week, we were on the bus going who knows where, and I struck up a conversation with a woman from GA. talking about their son's first visit. Then somehow or another the fact that we were DVC members came up. She proceeded to tell me about the "permanent residence condos" they were building and now selling at CR and how she was thinking of moving there, but all of her friends would want to come and bring their children to visit. I just replied with "really, I didn't know that. That's interesting to hear." She was so assured and full of information that to correct her at that time would have taken more time that our bus ride would have aloted.
    Disney to build upscale housing community
    Mar 28, 2008

Preliminary plans are underway to build luxury housing at the site of Disney's Eagle Pines Golf Course. Due to its location, the project is termed "The Northeast Resort."

The upscale gated community will include a mix of million dollar estates, condominiums, cluster, village and courtyard homes and timeshare units.

Previously, Disney announced plans for Four Seasons to build a luxury resort at Eagle Pines. Disney spokeswoman Marily Waters stated "This is in essence the coming together of the Disney brand and the Four Seasons brand. This is the first time that has happened. These are often the types of places people come in for two or three weeks, then they won't be back for several months."

The multi-million dollar mansions are expected to be marketed to wealthy overseas buyers. William Weaver, Real Estate professor at the University of Central Florida commented "I can't see many Americans buying multimillion-dollar second houses on Disney property, not very many. But I certainly can see foreigners. As the dollar keeps deteriorating against everything else, it becomes cheaper and cheaper."

Disney has begun the process of de-annexing the property from their Reedy Creek Improvement District and Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake. Similar steps were taken prior to Disney developing Celebration and Little Lake Bryan.

Site preparation is already underway with the first houses expected to be begin construction this year. When completed, the development could house 1072 people. Most of the homes will be custom built and it is estimated that it could take ten years to reach completion.
    Dec 2002, All Star Music (1 yr anniversary)
    Dec 2001, All Star Movies (honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    "What time is the three o'clock parade?" is one of my all time favorites

DITTO!!!!!!!!!

How about which bus goes to universal?
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Two of my favorite statements happened in World Showcase on my last trip:

A lady to her young daughter while walking through Japan, "Look honey, we're in China now".

A women to her group while walking through Italy, "Look they have Bulgari (a sign in the window for the perfume at the store), that must mean we're in France."

Huh????
    6/85 - Offsite
    12/86 - DI
    12/91 - CR
    11/93 - FWC
    1/99 - CSR
    9/99 - POFQ
    1/01 - CBR/PR
    9/02 - OKW
    1/03 - BCV
    10/04 - SSR
    5/05 - Poly
    11/06 - POFQ
    2/07 - BWV
    11/07 - BWV/POR
    5/08 - OKW/VB
    9/08 - AKL
    05/09 - AKL/VB
    10/09 - GF
    And a few DLR for good measure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY GOOFY View Post
    We once told our kids at Chef Mickeys that Mickey will not come to our table unless you eat your dinner.
    Oh maaaaaan.... I am so using that! (At every character meal we do). It is so hard to get my kid to eat. Lol
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

You CMs must get a lot of doozies! DH isn't a CM, but on one trip, he got mistaken for one. He was walking from BWV toward the IG when a frantic-looking family heading toward the BWV approached him and asked "Where's Epcot?" Once he had them headed towards IG, they wanted to know, "And which country is the Coral Reef resturant?" So he figured he'd better walk them to the resturant so they didn't get lost more times. All the way there, they kept offering to pay him to be their private tour guide for the rest of the day. Poor people!

One other thing I thought was funny was when DS was in Germany last summer and sent us an email to describe it-"It's just like Epcot, only REAL!"

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from a week at the world. We were in Epcot walking towards the IG and boats to HS when we overheard wife to husband " HS that's not Disney our tickets won't work there"
    Sept 06, Aug 07, Feb 08 Pop Century
    Sept 08 POFQ
    Jan 09 Pop Century
    June 09 Swan
    May 2010 Pop
    Go ROCKIES!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

On our way back to the Contemporary from Epcot last Saturday, a family stopped dead in front of us right before the ramp for the monorail and stared dumbly up at the sign. We were about to pass them when we overheard the mother saying, "Wait, wait. I don't think we can ride this one. We don't have tickets." We politely informed them that they didn't need any kind of ticket to ride the monorail and they would be able to get where they were going without any issues.

Disney Trips: '87, '91, '94, '97, '00, '03, '05, '07, '08, '10 (x3)

NEXT TRIP: Nov. 29-Dec. 7, 2013; Art of Disney Animation/Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY GOOFY View Post
    We once told our kids at Chef Mickeys that Mickey will not come to our table unless you eat your dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaTinkRAMESAM View Post
    Oh maaaaaan.... I am so using that! (At every character meal we do). It is so hard to get my kid to eat. Lol
    We will be at Chef Mickey's in 8 days and I will definitely be using that too! Thank you for sharing!
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

DD was always taller than DS up until late in junior high. The kids had coupons for water sprites, and everywhere we went, DD was allowed to take one out alone, but DS was always told he could ride with his older sister. Out of sheer frustration, DS informed the CM he was the older brother, and he could prove it, at another location, same scenario, DS told the CM "you wouldn't let my sister drive one of these boats if you knew her like I do". He did finally get to take one out alone at WL.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wondered if anyone else had any great stories or had overheard anything else in the parks. I love these posts!
    °O° Cassandra °O°

Beach Club 4/07
    Caribbean Beach 2/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azdisneymom View Post
    Heard this just as we exited Soarin. It was a very exited little boy saying, 'wanna go again, wanna go again, wanna go again.' I guess you had to be there.
    This reminded me of my DS. He was a late talker and we had taught him a few simple signs to help him. Well we went to WD last June and he had just turned 2 in March. My DH took him on Barnstormer which he was just barely tall enough to ride. DH said as soon as it stopped he started saying and signing "more" as fast as he could.

On a side note...as they were getting off the ride DH got dream fast passes for the whole family.

Oh...and they did ride again. Followed again by "more" from DS.

Post Thanks / Like

When we were all in a line and we had enough of kids (our own) and Disney and my Dh said:

"I just can't wait to get home, sit on my own couch and watch an adult movie". This came out totally straight faced.

Of course he meant that he had enough of disney, kids stuff and the disnay shows we were watching in the room. He meant just a grown up movie...not an X-rated movie...but it did not sound good!!! We laughed all day about that!
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlueLacheta View Post
    7. " Why do they even show the movie ? No one is staying" ~ Child walking through theater after Malestrom.
    hahah that was probably me
    Trip count 55 =]

Dead men tell no tales

"Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream." - Ellen, Universe of Energy

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas..."

Post Thanks / Like

This is visual, not verbal, but still hysterical. We were walking through adventureland when we saw a small boy running ahead of his parents, luckily they had a retractable dog leash attached firmly to his over-alls!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: