Quantcast EPCOT Evening Extra Magic Hours

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default EPCOT Evening Extra Magic Hours

Just wondering what the wait times are like for the evening extra magic hour attractions. Specifically Soarin and Test Track. I am trying to decide if its worth going over for. . . .you can't do Fastpasses right? We usually avoid evening EMH, but it will be our first night to arrive and we will barely get there in time for Illuminations, so we thought possibly we would try to sneak a couple of rides on our favorites. Anyone's experiences are appreciated.

Thanks
    July 1980 Disney Inn, June 1982 CR, June 1985 CR, June 1986 CR, June 1987 CR, December 1992 GF, December 2001 CR, November 2002 BC, November 2003 BC, November 2004 GF, October 2005 BC, October 2006 BC, March 2007 Swan, March 2008 Dolphin, May 2008 BC, October 2008 Swan, November 2008 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just about everytime I have attended Epcot Evening EMHs the waits were about 30 - 40 mins longer than they were during that same day. So for example if the average wait for Soarin was 90 mins during the day it's atleast that during EMHs but you can usually count on a 120 minute wait. The same is true with Test Track. I usually avoid Epcot EMHs at all costs.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I've found that it's been possible to get on a number of rides during the EMH at Epcot. Some of that will depend on when during the year you visit. I was there last August and did the Epcot EMH and was able to do a number of rides during the time, by 11:30 or so Test Track was down to a 15 minute wait, Soarin was around a half hour.
    Rob Hinkle
    28 Visits to the Magical Vacation Kingdom of Disney World and counting!

Next Trips -
    December 2010 - WDW - Contemporary
    January 2011 - WDW - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I'd look at it like this, If you're going to be there just in time for Illuminations, take the 5 minute walk to see how long the lines are. You may be able to get on some of the less crowded rides and not have to worry about them when you return later on.
    76-09 Passholders
    1995-Grad Night
    2005-CSR-2x, POR-2x
    2006-POR, Swan-3x
    2007-Swan-3x, Dolphin-2x, FW-2x
    2008-Swan-2x (married there!) Dolphin, AS-Music, CSR, CBR, Pop, Gaylord Palms
    2009-CBR, AKL Villas, Omni, SSR,Dolphin
    2010-POP-2x, CBR, FW, Dolphin
    Upcoming Jan 2011'POP

Post Thanks / Like

We happened to be heading over to Soarin as illuminations ended...there was a mad rush but we managed to get on line and didn't have to wait too long. Maybe 30 mins (which is great considering the usual wait time)

It does depend what time of year you go but as it has been mentioned in many threads...EMH have become quite crowded.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on when you are going. When we used to go in Sept I found the EMH to be crowded, so we would avoid them. Our last trip was in Feb and EMH were nice. The big ticket rides still had a wait time (soarin and test track) but otherwise not crowded. Esp world showcase. It was great. Just have a plan b if possible, if you get there and it's too crowded you could go walk around the epcot area resorts or maybe head elsewhere if you have hoppers.

Happy planning
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have always avoided the park with EMH.
    But our trip in November, I deliberately have planned to do the EMH all week. Just to see what the crowd is like.
    I plan to do the rides during the day, and use evening EMH times for dining, shopping, parade watching, people watching, and IF the ride lines are short that is just a bonus!
    I seriously doubt we'll make it to the morning EMH's.

I wonder if time of the year affects EMH crowds? It will be dark earlier now, and people may not want to stay as late...or is that just wishful thinking?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: