Quantcast The Birthday Suprise Trip Pre-Trip Report!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Birthday Suprise Trip Pre-Trip Report!

Who: DH, Me, DD (turning 6 during trip), DS (about to turn 3 and gets one more trip without tickets!)
    When: October 2-6
    Where: Boardwalk Villas
    Why: To suprise our daughter for her 6th birthday!

A few months back, we had to cancel our summer trip using our DVC points at the Hilton Head resort since we were moving from Cleveland to Charlotte. So DH and I starting thinking about ways to use our DVC points and thought about making a trip to WDW in the fall. Problem is, now that DD is in school, it's not as easy to take the fall trips (or any trips during the school year for that matter!). I looked at the school calendar and noticed they had a monday off right around my DD's 6th birthday and it started me thinking...Wouldn't it be great if she could spend her actual birthday in Disney and try to keep it a suprise? DH loved the idea and we decided it wouldn't hurt for her to miss one Friday of school, especially in Kindergarten. So then the real planning fun began!

We are leaving for Orlando on Thursday (tomorrow) right after school lets out. Original plans were to drive but we found decent airfare and decided a month ago to fly instead. So we get to MCO arounnd 6 and are taking ME to BWV. Now remember, DD has no clue what we are doing. We keep teasing her about a big birthday surpise but she keeps thinking it is something like Chuck E Cheese. Nope - WAY better than that! We have been successful in keeping it hidden (even the packed suitcases), so DH will leave work early after lunch and then when DD gets off the bus from school, we will be waiting in the car to go to the airport. We still don't want to tell her where we are going, so we are just telling her that we are taking her to her birthday surprise. I think she will figure it out by the time we land and reach the ME busses. I can't wait to see her reaction!!!

Friday we plan on spending the day at Epcot at the F&W festival and dinner at one of our favorites, Biergarten.

Saturday is DD's actual 6th birthday. I made reservations for the Bibbiti Bobbiti Boutique for 8:30am in the MK for the entire package..she really wants to be Ariel for Halloween. After that we have breakfast with Cinderella in the castle! If I were turning 6, I would think it is the best birthday ever. We will spend the day at MK and then dinner at Ohana - one of DD's favorites. The day is all about her. I want her to feel like a princess!

Sunday we will spend the AM at AK and then some pool time before the final surprise - tickets to MNSSHP! I even snuck DS's car costume in the suitcase and DD will wear her Ariel costume she got the day before. We have been to the party before and just loved it so I am really looking forward to it. Dinner is at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Monday - not sure what park we will do but we catch the ME bus back to the airport at 3 as DD has school the next day

Well, I will report on how the surprise goes. I am just so excited about her reaction - let's hope she loves it!
    Kristen :)

March 1999 - All Star Movies
    October 2001 - POR
    October 2003 - Contemporary
    March 2004 - POP
    October 2004 - SSR
    Feb 2005 - OKW
    May 2006 - BCV, October 2006 - POLY/VWL
    Feb 07 - SSR , April/May 2007 - BCV
    Dec 2007 - SSR
    Aug 2008 - Cont., Oct 2008 - BWL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip planned, I can't wait to hear more about it! Have a fantastic time!!!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

What a great birthday surprise! I bet you have one happy princess!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful trip. You have more will power than me. I become too much of a kid...there is no way I could keep the secret. Kuddos!!
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Have a great time and a safe trip.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

What a birthday! Isn't it wonderful when we can make these special memories for our children? Enjoy every Mickey moment!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome birthday surprise. Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great 6th birthday to me

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a great surprise. Let us know how it all went when you get back. Have a great time!
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Your plan sounds awesome! I hope to be able to do a surprise like that one day.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

You are a terrific parent!!!
    WOw that is a great birthday plan-!!
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: