Quantcast Talk to me about AP!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talk to me about AP!

Hello my fellow intercotees! As a gift for getting married at WDW, they give an AP to the bride and groom. This will be our first experience with an AP. Can you tell me some benefits or disadvantages? Also, what is we want to go on a meal plan, is that possible? Please help! Thank you!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Free AP Advantages:
    1. You can go to WDW 365 days in one year.
    2. Free parking
    3. Save 10% at selected stores on most merchandise
    4. Possible discount codes on on-site hotel reservations
    5. Pre-view days on new attractions
    6. You can purchase the DDE card (now called Tables in Wonderland).
    7. You can participate in the DDP if you choose.
    8. The Mickey Monitor comes directly to your house.
    9. You can go to the "AP Passholder" section of the official WDW website.
    10. You do not activate your new AP and it will never expire!

Free AP Disadvantage:
    1. After it expires (366 days after your first use of it), and if you've really enjoyed it, you will have to pay for your next one, it won't be complimentary! The good news is that the renewal rate is slightly cheaper than another brand new pass, but it is retroactive to your original anniversary date, so don't wait too long to renew.

That's all I can think of.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

That is so cool that you get a comp AP!! What a great wedding gift from WDW!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the benefits associated with having an annual pass.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

How does the DDP work with an AP?
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    How does the DDP work with an AP?
    Depending on the plan, you pay retail for the DDP and it works exactly the same.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, the greatest advantage of my annual pass has nothing to do with the listed benefits. It's a sense of freedom. I don't have to "get my moneys worth" out of every day at Disney. I can stop and smell the roses (sometimes literally) and truly enjoy myself. I can sit down and people watch without feeling guilty. Every visit, I'll sit down somewhere to take a break and look around. Even as many times as I've been, I still see neat little things that I've missed.

In terms of the listed benefits, the two that truly appeal to me (other than being able to go to my favorite place whenever I want ) are the park-hopper option and the free parking. I can go to whatever park I'd like and not have to worry.
    Karen

--------------------------------

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Question everything!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input! We are very excited and grateful that disney gives an AP out to wedding couples. I think more specifically I am wondering how the DDP would work. Do we need to purchase a one day park ticket to get this? If not how much does the regular plan go for and how much is the deluxe? Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    Thanks for the input! We are very excited and grateful that disney gives an AP out to wedding couples. I think more specifically I am wondering how the DDP would work. Do we need to purchase a one day park ticket to get this? If not how much does the regular plan go for and how much is the deluxe? Thanks guys!
    If you're looking to get a package, yes, you need to get a one day ticket and pay rack rates for the room. If you've already got the room, you can just add-on dining. I think it's close to $40 per day for the regular, close to $70 for the deluxe, and they also have a quick service plan that's only about $30. Those are per day, per person! I forget the actual amounts, I have no interest in the DDP so those numbers go in one ear and out the other when they start yapping about it.

Do they still comp a night's stay for the wedding couple? I wonder if you'll still get the watches as a gift.

Interesting they do an AP now, I'm guessing it's "cheaper" since it's basically free for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    If you're looking to get a package, yes, you need to get a one day ticket and pay rack rates for the room. If you've already got the room, you can just add-on dining. I think it's close to $40 per day for the regular, close to $70 for the deluxe, and they also have a quick service plan that's only about $30. Those are per day, per person! I forget the actual amounts, I have no interest in the DDP so those numbers go in one ear and out the other when they start yapping about it.

Do they still comp a night's stay for the wedding couple? I wonder if you'll still get the watches as a gift.

Interesting they do an AP now, I'm guessing it's "cheaper" since it's basically free for them.
    Thanks for your help on this. We are still deciding what dining plan (if any) to go with. Dining is a big part of our vacation so I would like to be on one of the plans, but not sure whether or not we need the big one besides the entertainment value(boat rentals etc.)

They do an AP, which marketing wise is very smart. It costs them nothing and they are hooking people into coming back over and over again. And most newlyweds dont have children so they can frequently take trips whenever they want, making WDW more money along the way for hotels, food, etc.

I believe that they still give the watches but I am not sure, we have not heard anything from disney on that, just from other wedding couples. They still do comp a night for your first night married if you fulfill your room block requirements for your wedding.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: