Quantcast Which Limo/Taxi Service do you recommend??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Limo/Taxi Service do you recommend??

Unfortunately we are not staying at a Disney owned resort for our upcoming trip (Swan) and we are going to need transfers. I reserved Happy Limo based on a recomendation, but I have read some questionable things about them. Please give me some input from your experiences on which service to use. Most reliable, etc. Thanks in advance for the help!
    July 1980 Disney Inn, June 1982 CR, June 1985 CR, June 1986 CR, June 1987 CR, December 1992 GF, December 2001 CR, November 2002 BC, November 2003 BC, November 2004 GF, October 2005 BC, October 2006 BC, March 2007 Swan, March 2008 Dolphin, May 2008 BC, October 2008 Swan, November 2008 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used Happy Limo and they were okay, but I would definitely recommend Quicksilver. They support Intercot and have given great service.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

While I have never had a problem with Happy, I sortof don't like the attitude that seems to have existed shortly before they dropped Intercot sponsorship. I will probably give Quicksilver a try and compare at that point.

Any limo service has to be better than ME in my book. I don't like the rules that ME goes by, the lack of a grocery stop is a deal breaker as well, AND I'm really about supporting the small guys (vs the cattle call that ends up being what ME is all about).

Post Thanks / Like

We have used Quicksilver many times and would highly recommend them. On one trip, our flight was to depart Newark at 650P and was delayed almost 4 hours. They called my cell phone to let us know we shouldn't worry and they would be there. Sure enough when we got in at 130AM they were there.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Tiffany and had terrible service. When I used Happy Limo they did not meet us inside at all, had to call when we arrived and find the car outside. They were OK.

This trip I am definitely using Quicksilver. We are arriving very late and they will meet us at baggage claim. The people on the phone are professional and friendly. AND they sponsor Intercot.

Post Thanks / Like

I used another limo service number of times in the past and the service was satisfactory. On our last trip, we used Quicksilver and found the service and timeliness to be superior to our prior experience. I would highly recommend Quicksilver!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We recently used QuickSilver only because they sponsor Intercot and I don't think that we will ever go back to the ME(only on the way back to MCO because we're not in a hurry to leave).They met us at the bottom of the escalator with our names on a sign and they got our luggage for us.They were very good.We will use them every time!
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your help. After talking to both Happy Limo and Quicksilver, we have canceled the HL reservation and booked QS. QS is a bit more expensive, BUT, the total lack of professionalism displayed by the 2 phone attendants I spoke with at HL really made me uncomfortable. I can just see us stuck at the airport and then getting charged anyway. They really just seem shady when you talk to them. My main concern now, is that they have my CC information and I did not get a very good feeling about the request to cancel the reservation. I am still unclear (after talking to them twice today) as to whether I will get something in writing saying the reservation is canceled. Quicksilver was extremely professional on the telephone and were very helpful. Thanks again for all the help and if anyone else has experienced trying to cancel a reservation with HL, please let me know what you did.
    July 1980 Disney Inn, June 1982 CR, June 1985 CR, June 1986 CR, June 1987 CR, December 1992 GF, December 2001 CR, November 2002 BC, November 2003 BC, November 2004 GF, October 2005 BC, October 2006 BC, March 2007 Swan, March 2008 Dolphin, May 2008 BC, October 2008 Swan, November 2008 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I just cancelled my HL ressies last week for 2 reasons. 1) I get in very late and HL does not meet you inside to help with luggage and 2) the people on the phone were rude.

I phoned to cancel as per their instructions. If you have not received any thing by email regarding your cancellation I would suggestion you call and request it. I never got one for a week so I called and was sent a duplicate of my original confirmation with a 0.00 balance due. It confused me so I called and the person on the phone said, 'is there a balance due? Then it's cancelled." Then she hung up on me.

After reading so many positive comments about QS I booked with them for my upcoming trip.

Post Thanks / Like

my hubby booked through the poly concierge, IP Jeff) and they booked Tiffany...hubby said he called and did not get a good vibe, but that usually when you book through a concierge the service can be better, cause they want you to tell the concierge it was good or fine, so the concierge continues to give them business....

What was your complaint about Tiffany?

Thanks!
    1980 Golf Resort(Was Disney Inn, now Shades of Green)
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ
    2003 (10/13-21) AKL Platinum Honeymoon (Grand Marshals - HS)
    2008 (10/7-15) Poly Platinum 5th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/6-13) Poly Platinum 10th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/13-17) Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I have called Tiffany two different times in the past and the woman who answered was so rude and downright snobby that I decided that I will never use them. I used to use HL and used to get good service until the past couple of years. The last trip they were over an hour late, they don't pick you up at baggage claim,we had to drag all of our baggage outside and down the sidewalk and they did not even help us put it in the car. Drivers used to be clean and professional and the last two times they were very rough looking and one smelled bad. We also had them try to charge us twice. I will never use HL again. We have booked ME for the first time for our upcoming trip but DH is nervous about this. He is worried about waiting for our luggage. If we do use a car service it will definately be Quick Silver!
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Share This Thread On Social Media: