Quantcast Need a little Reassurance (A plus sized post)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Need a little Reassurance (A plus sized post)

Hey all,

I just need a little reassurance about riding rides at Disney. I leave on Friday and this is the only thing nagging at me. I am 5'8 and 280 24W, and just wanted to make sure that I would be able to ride the rides. I am most worried about Space and splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest, Soarin, Rockin' Rollercoaser, Tower of Terror, Test Track, basically all the "thrill rides" except for Mission to Mars. I have read the large and in charge article on this site, and some other articles on other sites, but still need a little reassurance. Thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Same here!

Marci, I am right there with ya, sista! Never been to WDW before and I am larger than anyone in our group. Usually 22-24W. We get there Saturyday. I have been doing some exercising so that I can keep up, but still apprehensive about fitting into the rides. My dad was a large man and I will never forget the day we went to dinner and we had to move bc he did not fit into the booth--so, I really don't want to have my kids remember that mostly. Anxious to hear the posts!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing to worry about! I'm right there with both of you and I fit just fine. Some rides are a little tight when my 8 yo squeezes in with me and DH but I rode everything! Have a great trip!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fitting in

Hey there I am plus size too(more actually) and I fit just fine on all of the rides. Space Mountain will be kind of hard getting up at the end of the ride but just get up slowly and try to hang on to the rails on the side and you should be just fine. That's what I love about disney, you fit on everything!!!! Trust me girl, you will fit!
    71-78 Fort Wilderness
    78-07 Various resorts
    Nov 08 Pop Century
    Oct 30-Nov 8-Pop Century(
    28-March6th Port Orleans reschudled trip!
    Oct. 23rd-Oct. 30th POP CENTURY
    May 4-11 2014 Pop Century
    1 in 50 Children will be diagnosed with Autism and I am proud to say one of them is mine!

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

I'm a big gal too!

5'6, 230, and 20W.

I have no problem with any of the rides other than the restraints on RNRC and Mission Space for my chest. It's not bad or anything, just slightly uncomfortable. I can tolerate it enough to ride it - I just don't let the restraints go all the way down. I leave about an inch or two from my chest, especially on Mission Space since the blast off tends to push the restraints back further.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to hear that real women like myself also vacation and still have a good time!
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

Honey you will be fine, Last year when we went i was pushing 300 lbs and i am 5'6" and iw as squeezing into 26-28w shorts and I rode it all. this year we went in june and i was right where you are and rode everything again with a lil more room. I even swam both trips . HAve a great time and enjoy yourself.
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

I am a 22/24 also and i've never had problems riding any of the thrill rides (too afraid to go on Mission Space though). the only ride i get nervous for is Kali Rapids bc a couple trips before that the seat belt barely got around me and DH (who is probably around 190), so i was all ready to have DH ask for a seatbelt extender but he said that we would try it first, and it seems they must have made the belts larger or something bc we fit with no problems, and i know i was bigger this trip than a few trips before
    Previous Trips:
    July 1992 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    May 2003 All-Star Movies (Honeymoon)
    May 2004 Offsite (1 Year Anniversary)
    Jan 2006 Pop
    Feb 2008 Disneyland Offsite
    June 2008 Pop
    Sept 2010 CBR
    Dec 2010 CSR

Next Trip:
    March 2011 Lighthouse Key

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem with the rides and I'm a 20/22W...but the turnstiles can be a real pain. I approach them sideways to get thru, especially if the handicapped one is not available for me to slip over to and use!!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Like all the other posts said, I really do not think you will have any problems. I am a 20W and am 5'8 and never had any problems with any ride. The only one that I can remember being uncomfortable in is Splash Mountain BUT that is because my DH is 6'7 and 350lbs and takes up all the room on that ride! Go and enjoy and don't give it another thought!
    1992 DisneyWorld (Contemporary)
    1994 Disneyland

1996 DisneyWorld (CBR)
    2004 DisneyWorld (WL)
    2006 December DisneyWorld (WL)
    2008 November DisneyWorld (WL)
    2010 October-November DisneyWorld(WL)
    2011 November Disneyland Resort- Grand Californian

2015 WL Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I'm right with you all. Space Mountain can be a little interesting to get out of (for anyone actually), but everything is very doable. Splash Mountain is fine. The lapbars on Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest always annoy me, but I'm a bit claustrophic anyway. Not uncomfortable or anything, just annoying.

In Epcot, Soarin' is fine, as is Test Track. Mission Space is a little tight, but doable (the claustrophia is back though just thinking about it)

At the Studios, I've ridden everything with no problems.

Don't forget, you can always ask to ride alone if you think there may be an issue. This is especially good for rides like Splash Mountain and Dumbo.
    Karen

--------------------------------

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Question everything!

Post Thanks / Like

I went in 01 with one of my good friends and she is a bit larger that you and she didn't have any problems with fitting on the rides.
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: