Quantcast Early Spooks??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Early Spooks??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early Spooks??

Since it's my 666th post, I wanted to know why the MK was dressed up for Halloween so early this year. We were there from Aug 24-Sept 2nd and pumpkins and scarecrows and statues of minnie and donald in costume are up. They also have the MNSSHP sign already up at the front of the park. And at the World of Disney Store in DTD, Lumiere was dressed up in a costume. We went to WDW in 2006, the same days as this vacation, and have never seen all of these up before.
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

MNSSHP started earlier this year. I believe September 5th was the opening party.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, MNSSHP starts very early this year -- September 5 (tonight) is the first night. We were there 8/28 - 9/3 and saw a lot of the decorations up at MK on 8/29 and even more of them up a couple of days later. We love MNSSHP and are sorry that we just missed it, but it did feel very odd being in MK in late AUGUST with all of the Halloween decorations up! (DW and I joked that Valentine's Day decorations will be up by October!)
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

Post Thanks / Like

I know I am in the minority, but I for one hate Halloween. I was disappointed to see the decorations up already in some photos I have seen of MK from friends who visited in August. This will be our first trip in the fall, and I am not looking forward to seeing the Hallowen decorations. For me it will put a small damper on the Disney magic that I love, but I will still be happy to be in WDW. I guess on the positive side, I won't take as many photos this time around.

8 days and counting!
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

There are TWENTY-SIX MNSSHPs this year. Because NoJ was moved to Studios on the first September weekend, it was decided that the first MNSSHP would be that same weekend. So AK closes at 5pm; Studios closes at 6pm for NoJ; and MK at 7:00pm for the Halloween Parties. Epcot is the only park that stays with its original 9:00pm closing.

I *hate* that we "dress up" the park for Halloween in the last week of August; it's just way too early for Halloween stuff. But then again, the Christmas decorations start going up at midnight on Halloween night - before November 1st - which, again, is way too early. Christmas stuff should go up *AFTER* Thanksgiving.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

the parties are really early this year, that probably why the decorations are up so early.
    i must admit that August is pretty early to be getting ready for halloween!!
    2003 - off property
    2004 - off property
    2005 - all star movies
    2006 - pop century
    2007 - pop century
    2008 - pop century

Post Thanks / Like

Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I definitely don't mind! We always get ready around here in August anyways! And November 1st, Halloween comes down and Christmas goes up TIme just goes by too fast for us, so it makes sense...

Post Thanks / Like

Why do they do it? Have you ever watched Law & Order or any other investigative type tv show? Do you usually hear them say "follow the money"? Well, follow the money! I'm not blaming or faulting them for this, but Disney can sell tickets for this hard ticket event and get extra revenue. The decorations are stored and fairly easily put up, and lots of folks love them.

I love MNSSHP!
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: