Quantcast Ride Restrictions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ride Restrictions

I just recently found out that I'm expecting my second child and I'm about 6 weeks along. We're leaving to go to WDW on Friday and I was just looking at the ride restrictions. Most of them I understand why expectant mothers shouldn't ride, but the two I just don't understand are Soarin and Splash Mountain. I don't remember Soarin being bumpy or super fast and Splash Mountain is basically the drop at the end. Is Disney just being overly cautious here? Splash Mountain is my absolute favorite ride and I'm not sure how long it will be before we get back to WDW.

Also, I didn't see anything about Kilamanjaro Safaris but are there any restrictions for pregnant women on that ride? I really hope not because it's one of my favorite AK rides.
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

the restrictions are there to prevent any claims.
    should the worse happen.
    you know your own body
    its up to you
    take care of yourself and enjoy!!!!!!
    2003 - off property
    2004 - off property
    2005 - all star movies
    2006 - pop century
    2007 - pop century
    2008 - pop century

Post Thanks / Like

i think, like the above poster stated, its for disney to cover their bases in case god forbid something were to happen. also while pregnant your body can react differently to rides you usually love. While soarin is a smooth ride, the feeling of flying and the different scene changes can possibly leave you feeling
    As for the safari, i'm not sure, it can get awfully bumpy, i would check with your doctor to see what s/he says before you leave
    enjoy your trip!
    Previous Trips:
    July 1992 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    May 2003 All-Star Movies (Honeymoon)
    May 2004 Offsite (1 Year Anniversary)
    Jan 2006 Pop
    Feb 2008 Disneyland Offsite
    June 2008 Pop
    Sept 2010 CBR
    Dec 2010 CSR

Next Trip:
    March 2011 Lighthouse Key

Post Thanks / Like

I believe pirates of the caribbean also has a restriction because of the drop which is only slight, but if POTC is restricted then splash should definitely be. I went when I was 11 weeks pregnant and road neither, but did ride the safari I saw no restriction on the map or at the beginning of the line, but this was 8 yrs ago. Good Luck stay well hydrated and have fun.
    2011 Oct 29- Nov 5 MNSSHP
    2010 Nov 5-13 POFQ MVMCP
    2008 Nov 8-15 POFQ MVMCP
    2006 POFQ
    2000 Poly Honeymoon
    1987 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best to be safe

I believe that Kil. Safari does have ride restrictions. I know that it is basically a bumpy ride, I truly believe that it is best to be safe. The ride restrictions are there to protect Disney, but they are also there to protect you and your child. Have a wonderful time and congrats on your new addition.

Post Thanks / Like

I was about 14 weeks pregnant when we were down two weeks ago. As a previous poster said, Soarin' is mostly because of motion sickness issues, but I was able to ride it without a problem. I thought the teacups were far worse for that... I did ride Kil. Safari, which is only bumpy at the very end. Splash Mtn. is restricted because I believe the seats slope down toward the back, and would cramp your abdomen. I avoided that one! Have a great vacation, and a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Post Thanks / Like

When went in 06 I was early on in my pregnancy with DS. When I told my Dr that we were going to WDW he said "just don't go on the safari" He didn't go into detail and I didn't ask why. I had figured on not riding anyway. I went with the rule of thumb to not ride anything with a restriction. I would suggest asking the doctor and using your body and best judgement (you know yourself best!) as the guide.

Good luck, have fun and congrats!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I went last year when I was 4 1/2 months pregnant and was aware of all these restrictions and, of course, respected them, but also did not go on a few rides that I knew I wouldn't be confortable in, or could feel queasy. Just use your best judgement 'cause thank goodness you've been on all these rides before. Oh, and drink alot of water too! Good luck and have fun!
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - All Star Sports & Coronado Springs
    2003 - Old Key West
    2004 - Pop Century
    2005 & 2007 - All Star Movies
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - DCL - Disney Wonder & Caribbean Beach Resort - Pirate Room

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: