Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 47

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Tomorrow we head for the air show and Beaver tails!!! does anyone want me to get them any?
    Is a beaver tail like a big flat piece of fried dough with cinnamon sugar on top? We had those at our county fair growing up but we called them "elephant ears". I think I have a "thing" for fried dough with sugar.

In Washington: elephant ears (messy)
    In WDW @ POFQ: beignets (messy)
    In Denver @ Casa Bonita: sopapillas (fried dough w/ a hollow center, you put a hole in it and pour in honey) what a mess but oh so tasty

And don't forget funnel cakes
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i just want to let you guys know how important this thread is to me. i haven't been here long, but i certainly had a warm welcome. i think you guys are 25%cheerleaders, 25% therapists, 25% goofballs, and 25% professors- in total that makes 110% loving, caring people(who just happen to be disney freaks). thanks again- i always have a smile on my face when i come here.

just a quick zoop in from work. keep your fingers crossed it will be a good one.

kate
    p.s. where's blythe?
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    i just want to let you guys know how important this thread is to me. i haven't been here long, but i certainly had a warm welcome. i think you guys are 25%cheerleaders, 25% therapists, 25% goofballs, and 25% professors- in total that makes 110% loving, caring people(who just happen to be disney freaks). thanks again- i always have a smile on my face when i come here.

just a quick zoop in from work. keep your fingers crossed it will be a good one.

kate
    p.s. where's blythe?
    We are not, however, mathematicians.

What you said was true though...I feel the same way. Who else does?

Blythe is in New York.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Absolutely, not that it matters much in the long run how I feel. I love you all!!

Mike's on his way home, just got in a little while ago! It's raining here and I hate the rain, ticks me right off, makes me depressed too. Not sure why, everyone says how much we need the rain and my thoughts are HELLO, people, we live in the desert, it's not supposed to rain. *sigh* oh well.

Anyone doing anything fun tonight or tomorrow? Sounds like Blythe and Kate are working. I'm starting to pack for our trip in SEVEN DAYS!! WOO HOO. I would have us totally packed but then Mike would be looking for his shaver and shampoo and we would be very dirty and hairy because all the stuff was packed, not pretty really!

Hope all is well
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Is a beaver tail like a big flat piece of fried dough with cinnamon sugar on top? We had those at our county fair growing up but we called them "elephant ears". I think I have a "thing" for fried dough with sugar.

And don't forget funnel cakes
    Beaver tails are fried dough with a variety of toppings, mine is with Nutella. You can have cinnamon sugar, chocolate icing, a maple topping or nutella.

I introduced Gilles to funnel cakes at WDW, so we kinda want to keep it there!! But we usually get Tiny Tom donuts, which are bite-sized donuts that you see being made as you wait. You can get them with cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar and plain sugar and they are sold by the dozen. We usually get 3 dozen and Carol eats most of them!!!

We are not, however, mathematicians.

Blythe is in New York.
    Blythe is recuperating from too much partying?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    We didn't put in a building request, did you Pogo? We figured we'd take whatever they give us, should I put a request in?
    We like Bldg 7. It's the closest to POR and a very short walk to the bus stops. I haven't put in a request, but I will when we get a little closer.
    Hhmmmmmm..... anyone have a calculator ??? .... let's add that up........
    25 + 25 + 25 + 25 = 110. Yep.... that's right !
    Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Mike's on his way home, just got in a little while ago!
    I'm glad he's home safe and sound.

Well, we had another nice day today with several friends at the resort. The grill was used to the extreme as well as the Tiki Bar and pool. In fact, I'm bushed and headed to bed very soon but I had to stop in to say how much I love you all. Play nice and we'll see you tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you know there are 50 plus different varieties of chicken wings? I didn't! Chicken wing Fest (or Wingstock, as we called it) was a huge success. I ate a few wings, but I also had more than I did wings. I think my favorite were the cajun wings from some place in Utah that was set up. It was a good time, but I think I got a little sunburned.

I hope you all have a wonderful night and a relaxing labor Day tomorrow!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to kick my puter to the curb!

I was writing a parody using our buddies as characters from the Wizard of OZ when I was knocked out of cyberspace!
    Pogo was Scarecrow -
    Ken man was tinman
    and I was about to address the cowardly lion when cablammy!

Do you want to know what happened next?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

p.s. where's blythe?
    Was I not just the person you were down here talking to??? Or was I just imagining that??

Fingers are crossed that our night will continue as it started...

Blythe is in New York.

.... and wishing she was still in Maine....

I hope everyone's having a good night... I miss our mods.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    We like Bldg 7. It's the closest to POR and a very short walk to the bus stops. I haven't put in a request, but I will when we get a little closer.
    I got Building 7 when I went there...in my crazy dream!

That wasn't even the half of it! In the same dream, I was hiding from this annoying lady from work that was talking this worker's ear off in a bookstore, so I was running around the store behind the shelves. Then, I went into this little room and this lady was climbing out the window using one of those old-school curly phone cords. I started screaming "that lady is climbing down the phone cord!" (from the 3rd floor) By the time I turn back around and look out the window, she's off running down the street and around the corner. In a neighborhood I've never seen before. Beige stucco building and a little dirty. The street was narrow and there were other buildings right across the street. Anybody know where I "was"?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I was writing a parody using our buddies as characters from the Wizard of OZ when I was knocked out of cyberspace!
    Pogo was Scarecrow -
    Ken man was tinman
    and I was about to address the cowardly lion when cablammy!

Do you want to know what happened next?
    Was I the cowardly lion? And YES, I do want to know!

Is "cablammy" like "kapow"?

Post Thanks / Like

What's happening?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    What's happening?

We sure do miss you!

Could you feel the vibe?~~~~~~~Rhonda
    resident Fairy Godmother

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

What's happening?
    I am going to sleep now! You have no idea how exciting this is. I'm hoping I can sleep deeply tonight without any crazy stuff going on outside or any psychotic dreams taking place in some city I've never been in before. (See above...that is only part of it!)

I went to church today. I spent 4 hours on the subway train, dozing most of that time...even standing up!

Yeah, I'm beat. I'm no longer making any sense. Am I? Was I before? Goodnight!

Post Thanks / Like

Nitey- nite all!

Would the last friend to leave this forum, please turn out the light? And for goodness sake - turn off that TV!

I just had to do it!
    Sorry , Rhonda
    resident Fairy Godmother

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I hope everyone's having a good night... I miss our mods.
    What's happening?
    Can you edit Blythe's post or something? She's missing you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Would the last friend to leave this forum, please turn out the light? And for goodness sake - turn off that TV!
    I'm up.

pogo Guest

Good morning all...... I can't help but think about our friends in the gulf area and what they might be experiencing. Please say a lot of prayers for them.

Rhonda.... nice to see you even if it was for only a drive by.

Sis..... me.... the scarecrow ????? I would have thought maybe the wiz himself !

Bethany.... Bldg 7 is the quietest one there so maybe your dreams were telling you to go there. And as far as your dream about the lady in the bookstore...... that might be warning you that Carol is going to be staying there with us.

Today we have a lot of family coming to swim, eat, drink and be merry. I'll check in a little later if I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Kate and Bethany, I certainly feel the same way about the people here!
    Rhonda, so good to see you
    Blythe, you can always come live with me, it's a small house with big love!
    Cosmic twin, don't leave me hanging.....what happened next?

I hope you all are having a grand morning. I couldn't stay away from all of you, I'm addicted!
    to those in need and to all.
    Anybody want a donut?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Good morning all...... I can't help but think about our friends in the gulf area and what they might be experiencing. Please say a lot of prayers for them.

Bethany.... Bldg 7 is the quietest one there so maybe your dreams were telling you to go there. And as far as your dream about the lady in the bookstore...... that might be warning you that Carol is going to be staying there with us.
    Prayers have been, and are being said. On Saturday I was doing something really boring at work (copying the times for the schedule) and my mind was wandering about Gustav and it took my FOUR TRIES to get the time for the best part of the day (lunch) correct! It's at 11:03. HOW I messed up FOUR times for that is still a mystery. Distracted much?

If building 7 is the quietest, I don't want it. I though CBR was insanely quiet, and I was near the road. I had to leave Stacey on all night, every night, just to sleep. Remember: the subway train is elevated right by my apartment AND I'm under the flight path for LGA. Not to mention all the car alarms, fights, and car honking that goes on.

And that lady in the bookstore is NOT like Carol! lol

Today I think perhaps I should come up with a plan for what to do tomorrow with the kiddos. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Did I forget to mention and tons of prayers for those affected by Gustav?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Good morning JQ'ers, and yes I know I'm a bit late on posting this but anywhoo. The coffee and hot water was prepped last night and the timer was set for early this am for all early risers. And of course juices and sodas for those who drink cold beverages even in the winter time. This time tomorrow I'll be at work but I'll be in trainee mode tomorrow. Have you checked out the waves coming in after TS Hannah? There looks like 4 more potential storms brewing behind and one right long sind of Hannah. Should I be scared now? Or wait until next week to start being scared?
    Have a magical day
    And yes I'm off today again, until 6:30 tomorrow morning.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: