Quantcast Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I'm going to WDW on the first week of december, I already bought my ticket to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on nov 30.
    Has anybody been in this event? Though the question is a bit late, how was it? any review? Is it worth it?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a ball when we went in 2005. Low crowds on a Thursday night. It wasn't too hot. We got to see and do just about everything you could want to do. And they usually let you in with just the party tix about 4pm. You'll have fun!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I went last year in November and it was overcrowded but my family had fun drinking the free hot chocolate and eating cookies in a little restaurant by ourselves. That alone was memorable. The parade is good and so is the fireworks. The snow just makes the atmosphere perfect. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Nov. 30th is when we hope to go to MVMCP! We went last year the Sunday after Thanksgiving and had a great time. The hot chocolate, "snow", and shows weren't a big deal to us. What we most enjoyed was being at the MK at night, the extra fireworks show, the festive atmosphere, the limited number of attendees, and walking right on to pretty much any ride we wanted to. We hope to make MVMCP a first night to WDW family tradition.
    1976- WDW Contemporary Garden Wing
    1985- Grad Night WDW Magic Kingdom
    1986-1989 WDW and DL day trips
    Nov. 2007- WDW Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2010 WDW Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2011 WDW Pop Century & Villas at Wilderness Lodge

"Slap me thrice and hand me to me momma!"---- Mr. Gibbs

Post Thanks / Like

We attended MVMCP on Dec 12th, 07. It was sold out!!! Packed! We still managed to have fun, fireworks were wonderful. We really didn't try to do anything else but enjoy the party. I hope that the party you attend isn't as full We are trying MNSSHP this Sept! Have fun, make sure to see the lights at HS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

We have gone for the past 3 years and absolutely LOVE it. Last year my 5 year old niece was in love with Belle so we stood in line for over an hour to get a picture of Belle in her Christmas dress. Well worth the wait if you have someone who is a big fan of Belle. Last year it was really warm out so we didn't drink as much hot chocolate as a we normally do. My suggestion is to do the special things at the party (shows, parade, etc) and enjoy the evening! I'm bummed we wont be going this year but figured I couldn't convince my husband to go in December and then again the 3rd week of January for my 40th birthday!

Kimber
    WDWCP Fall 1990
    1991 Friends Apt
    1993 Sister at Vista Way
    1994-1998 CBR
    2001/2002 ASS; ASMo;Timeshare
    2003 - ASMo
    2005/2006 - Timeshare
    2007 - ASMu
    2009 -- Pop!; POR
    2010 -- Hong Kong Disneyland Hollywood Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I will be attending it on December 2nd. The party is a lot of FUN!!! You'll have a blast. The decorations are amazing, the parades you'll love, the rides you can't pass up, and the characters are sooooooooooooooooooooo cute to be around. Enjoy your party night.

Next trip: November 24th thru December 5th

Post Thanks / Like

Last year was our 1st time going in Dec. We attended not 1 MVMCP, but 3. Had a great time at all of them and it took us at least 2 parties to see the shows that we wanted to see. I don't usually enjoy a sugar cookie, but the cookies they gave out during the party were AMAZING. I LOVED them. By attending 3 parties we were able to get 3 different pins as each party was during a different week.
    There were however a lot more people there than I had thought there would be. On the party days we would do something other than a park during the day and then get to MK for around 4:00 pm and use our party ticket for that days admission to the park. So even though we spent a lot on party tickets we didn't use our park passes on those days so saved there.
    I am so envious of all that will be going this year. No Disney for us for a few years now. as DS will be in Grade 10 and we cannot pull him out of school for vacations anymore and we won't go during busy seasons.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

We LOVED the MVMCP! The parade is great and don't miss any of the shows!! This is also the ONLY time you get to see Belle in her Christmas dress.

Unless things have changed, if you don't get to see all the shows, they play them again as well as the parade on Saturdays in Dec.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

We will also be there on Nov. 30. We went 2 years ago and loved it. Thats why we are doing it again. You will have a good time. Like everyone else said Hot cocoa and cookies yum!!!
    1996 Off site
    2000 Off site for Honeymoon
    2005 Off site
    2006 All Star Sports
    2008 POR
    2014 POR
    2019 POR Royal Room

Next Trip - November 2020 Riviera Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We have been just once but we had a blast. I think we were lucky as the party was not crowded at all. At one point, my wife and I were like 2 of about 40 people walking around Big Thunder / Splash Mountain area. We got to stay on rides and ride again and again if there weren't a lot of people waiting (i think those days are long gone). Still, the special fireworks, parade, hot chocolate and cookies, and the snow on Main Street along with all the decorations just made it a special evening! We stayed all the way until it ended. Have a blast!
    Christmas trip again!! Dec 5-12, 2011 - first time for 3yr old to go along!

Post Thanks / Like

We have been every year for the past 4 years or so. It has changed alot the past couple of years. When we first started going to the party you got your picture made and you got a button and a lanyard. Now all you get is the hot choclate and cookies.

They took all those things away and raised the prices.

Everytime we have been the crowds have been small and everything is a walk on. COP closes early so ride that before the party starts.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I am in the minority: I wasn't impressed. While there was some cool effects like the snow on mainstreet and getting to see some of the parade characters like the toy soldiers that you only ever see on TV, it was really a let down. I think part of the problem is that I went to MNSSHP earlier in the year and the difference between the two is just amazing. MNSSHP has better fireworks, a better parade, better live shows, and I think the park "transforms" more for Halloween. It just didn't feel like christmas, maybe because we were drinking hot chocolate in 85 degree weather. MNSSHP seems to really "transform" with the lighting and theming and everyone in costumes, etc. We bought the xmas mickey ear hats and tried everything we could to get in the spirit, but when compared to other parties, it fell flat.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

My DW and I went last year in the second week of Dec. and absolutely enjoyed every moment. The parade was second to none and Christmas Wishes was spectacular! The weather was a bit warm, but with all the decorations, the outfits for the characters and CM's, and the snow falling on Main St., we couldn't help but get into the Christmas spirit.

Definitely don't miss it!!
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
    Walt Disney

June 2006-POR (Anniversary)
    Dec. 2007-Pop (My Birthday) 9 DAYS!
    September 2008-POR

December 2009 OKW for MVMCP!
    Upcoming..September 2011-BLT/AKV for MNSSHP!

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think it is all that special. I know I am in the minority but spending all that extra money for hot chocolate and cookies? The rest you can see on any late night. TJMO, I know everyone else loves it.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I went this past December for the first time and went twice. The 18th and the 21st (The last one for o7). They were both sold out. But had a great time. Got to do everything and if you skip the last parade at night and go for the rides, you will almost have them to yourselves. I hit HM 5 times in a row and I was the only one in the Queue area each time. I got to see things that I missed over the years. At the POTC I got to have the guests disembark the boats. The CM was there and showed me what to do. I think I did 4 of the boats. I don't know if that was allowed but there was hardly anybody at the POTC. This may be just me, but it is one of those special times. Some may not see it that way because of the cost. To me if it is once every blue moon you do it, it is well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    I think part of the problem is that I went to MNSSHP earlier in the year and the difference between the two is just amazing. MNSSHP has better fireworks, a better parade, better live shows, and I think the park "transforms" more for Halloween.
    Same thing happened to me. I went to my first Christmas party the same year after having such a wonderful time at MNSSHP. I was a bit disappointed but I still enjoyed being in the park late and the snow was neat. I will probably go again if I have the chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    Looks like I am in the minority: I wasn't impressed. While there was some cool effects like the snow on mainstreet and getting to see some of the parade characters like the toy soldiers that you only ever see on TV, it was really a let down. I think part of the problem is that I went to MNSSHP earlier in the year and the difference between the two is just amazing. MNSSHP has better fireworks, a better parade, better live shows, and I think the park "transforms" more for Halloween. It just didn't feel like christmas, maybe because we were drinking hot chocolate in 85 degree weather. MNSSHP seems to really "transform" with the lighting and theming and everyone in costumes, etc. We bought the xmas mickey ear hats and tried everything we could to get in the spirit, but when compared to other parties, it fell flat.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Our party was a sell out and that did not make for a good time at all. The one difference we had was that it was quite chilly at our MVMCP. But, it still did not compare to MNSSHP.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: