Quantcast Have you found "Your" resort?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you found "Your" resort?

you know - that resort you compare all others to because you love it so much?

For us it is Boardwalk Villas - we love them. I bought DVC with this as our home resort sight unseen and fell in love the second I walked into the lobby. We went through quite a few resorts before finding "the one" but now all others pale in comparison.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Caribbean Beach Resort

I haven't yet been since they Nemo-d the rooms. I'm not sure how I will feel now.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is WL! I just love it there! And not b/c of it being like PacNW, it reminds me of Florida, my home state, plus you are so close to Mk, but still away from it all. And we had this cute little rabbit we named George that was outside our balcony everyday (I much preferred George to those horrible black birds attacking at Port Orleans pool!) We also really like ASMusic in the back by Broadway, the pool with Little Mermaid and Three Caballeros is fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I love getting to stay at any of the resorts and want to try them all, but when we stayed at POFQ in January, I just fell in love. It's so cute and quaint, I loved it. I'm staying at AKL next, but I'm already dreaming of another trip to FQ!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We have our absolute favorite resort....the Polynesian We find it to be so relaxing, a get away unto itself. We will be trying CBR next month and are excited to experience this resort.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Our resort is the Grand Floridian. It has been our Disney "home" since our 1990 honeymoon. We've stayed at other resorts, but we're most comfortable at the GF.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have not stayed at all the resorts, yet, but, so far my favorite is AKL. I love the smell when you just walk into the lobby. I love the comfy sofas & chairs to sit down for a while, before heading to our room, and watching the other guests returning from their fantastic day at the park

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Ducks in the pool every morning... Bunnies on the walkways... Waterfalls...soft music...cricket sounds...

Wilderness Lodge hands down!
    Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring!

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at Contemporary, Polynesian, All-Star Sports and Coronado. We have visited all of the resorts. The only other one we really want to try is the Animal Kingdom Lodge. However, that would probably be a split stay because we absolutely LOVE the Coronado and will be there again in 3 days.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

Wilderness Lodge for me! I can't wait to stay in all of them, but WL is my special place.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is POFQ. I absoutely loved everything about it....the music, buses, grounds, beignets. I would love to go back there but I also really like to try other resorts out. I get conflicted everytime I start thinking about going back. Maybe in a couple of years I will take a break resort hopping and go back to POFQ.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

pogo Guest

Ours is POFQ with the Poly as a close second.

Post Thanks / Like

Old Key West for me!!!! I love the relaxing atmosphere and all the extra space in the rooms!!!
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

lockedoutlogic Guest

My "home" is Saratoga.....

My favorite is anywhere but Saratoga....

Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge are the only two i would have that kinda attachment to.....polynesian perhaps as well....

Post Thanks / Like

Polynesian

Funny thing is the first time we booked there I was not happy. I wanted to stay at a deluxe, but not that one, it reminded me of the Brady Bunch in Hawaii. But it was the only deluxe available at a discount so we took it and I fell in love.
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I have found "the one" yet. So far, we have stayed at All-Start Movies, OKY, Boardwalk and WL. Of them, I really like the WL, but I'll admit, I really, really want to stay at AKL.

Fortunately, that's where we are staying in January.

I'd love to stay at the GF, but I doubt that is going to happen any time soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Well first off, I've only ever been to WDW one time, last year. We stayed at CBR and it was WONDERFUL! While there last year, we were fortunate enough to eat at Whispering Canyons at Wilderness Lodge. The second we walked in, we fell in love with this resort. DH and I decided that we would stay there as soon as we could. A few days into the vacation we recieved the bounceback offer for 2008. Alas, the WL was still out of our budget so we re-booked for CBR. Then the free dining came into play. So with the extra savings we found WL to be within our price range. Also, I was in a bad car accident a few months ago and will be limited in the attractions that I can visit in WDW. We figured that since I have no idea how my body will react to a marvelous, yet exhausting Disney vacation, we better make sure that we will be happy close to "home". So the decision was made and we are now staying at WL for our upcoming September trip! While we loved CBR, we hope to call WL "our" resort. The other one that I think our family would love is the Polynesian. For now, we will just take it one vacation at a time!
    Let's Go Phils!

First trip: CBR Halloween 2007
    Last trip: WL September 2008
    Next trip:WL September 2009

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

For us, it's the Boardwalk. It had just the right mix. It's close to Epcot & DHS. It's a beautiful hotel. The Boardwalk area has all kinds of things going on. We even loved getting our breakfast from the bakery in the morning and just sitting outside.

We'll try others, but I expect we'll compare them all to the Boardwalk!
    Next Trip: All Star Movies - Dec '11

09/11 - Disneyland
    12/07 - Caribbean Beach
    05/07 - Boardwalk
    05/05 - Port Orleans Riverside
    09/99 - Wilderness Lodge
    06/'97 - Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon!)
    1988 - Offsite
    early 80's - Golf Resort
    1979 - Polynesian
    1975 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We will always feel at home at Fort Wilderness. It is our place where we don't feel out of place, anywhere in the resort. All the rest of them are well loved by our family, esp. GF, Poly, Contemp., and WL but we won't be able to find a place that finds us better than the campground and good ole tent by our side!
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried a few of the resorts. Coronado Springs, Dolphin, and Pop Century. Still want to try POFQ and Wilderness Lodge.

But, so far, I have always felt most comfortable at Pop. I think it is just the vibe of that place that I like so much.
    Never underestimate the power of High School Musical!

Pop Century - Dec/2004
    Pop Century - Nov/2005
    Coronado Springs - Dec/2005
    Pop Century - Nov/2007
    Dolphin - Nov-Dec/2007
    Pop Century - Dec 2007

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: