Quantcast Depressed after trip - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofeygal View Post
    I also get very depressed when we leave WDW. My DH says I need to find a disney 12 step program LOL.
    Thats so funny! When I've gone to meets, my DH says I'm going to my MA meetings. (mouse anonymous!!!) HA!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWhirled View Post
    I feel the exact same way! In fact, the day before we LEAVE for vacation, I start thinking how quickly it will be over and the blues kicking back in. DH thinks I am nuts
    I always get sad the last evening of our trip & try to make the absolute most of the last day knowing that it's our last night & that tomorrow's the last day of our vacation, & not knowing when we'll be back for sure!We always make a big deal of everyone saying goodbye to the Castle on the last day & godbye to the resort when we leave! I'm sure to everyone that isn't a Disneyaholic - that's just plain weird! I'm usually so sad when we get home that I don't even want to get on Intercot for a few weeks!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great to be among so many who feel the same as I do. Thanks for all of your replies!!

I notice that several of you mentioned that you say goodbye to the Castle on your last day. I just don't think I could do that!! MK is my absolute favorite, it is the first park we go to when we are there, but I don't think I could make it the last one! I actually tried it this last trip in May. We went over to MK after Epcot closed (MK was open until 12:00 am) on Sat. night. We rode just a few rides and were leaving as Spectro was going on. We had to wait for the parade to end before we could cross the street (Frontierland). As I was standing there, the music just filled my heart, and I started to cry. It was like leaving an old friend. I refused to look at the castle as we were leaving, it was just too darn painful!
    '96-'00 Many offsite visits
    Dec '02 - All Stars (1st time on property)
    Oct '03 - offsite
    Nov '04 - Pop Century
    May '05 - Coronado Springs
    Sept '06 - Coronado Springs
    May '08 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Default I though i was the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by poohbearfan View Post
    Does anyone else get very downtrodden after they return home from WDW?

I mean really depressed here, not just after vacation blahs!!

I don't understand it, but boy I just get so down after the trip is over. I don't know if it because I never know when I am going back or just because I am so in love with WDW!!!

Help!!!

I thought i was the only one i am always so upset the last time i had 2 days left i was so sad idk if im too obsessed or it just happens 2 everyone AT LEAST SOME1 gets it!! i have WDWOCD
    I (used 2) play vmk ! if u think vmk going down wasnt right pm me! Ps i luv high school musical, zac efron, gymnastics ,icot, disney, and webkinz! :)

Post Thanks / Like

We too get a bit depressed when we leave. What we do is start planning the next trip on the way home. This helps us out!
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Oh, it's a bit of a letdown, but after the trip, we' ve got Christmas in 10 days, then New Years, then.......(yada, yada). The year goes by so quickly, with so much in between, that I know we'll be there in a "blink".
    That's kind of how I feel. We are depressed of course about leaving but when we leave WDW, the holidays are soon to follow. Aftet the first of the year we look forward to a spring beak closer to home, but by then it is six months and counting to the next trip.

The year - years - are beginning to fly by!
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: