Quantcast Another Shutters/photo question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Shutters/photo question

Everyone talks about going to Shutters often to look at their pics and decide which ones to keep/not keep. My question is do you know when all of these pics are being taken? I've been told it's not like Photopass in the parks but it sounds like a photographer is around and takes you/kids/family pic during specific phot ops (character interaction, activities). If they are just random pics how do you know they are even in Shutters to look at? How do the CMs at Shutters know who you are? Maybe I'm missing something but it seems alot like Photopass except you can' t look at them online at home, you have to buy onboard? Help me if you can!! Why oh, why do I obsess over these small details??!!!
    Sandy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time, they are posed photographs. For example, when you board the ship, you stop and they take a group picture. Before dining each night, there are a couple of photo areas set up in the Atrium lobby. We've had photographers in Palo, also on Castaway Cay they set up a photo shoot area.

There are some others that may be more spontaneous, like characters showing up in the kids club, or around the upper deck. Usually it's posed though.

Within Shutters, they print off a copy of the photo and group them all together. For example, all the Welcome Aboard photos will be in one area and you just find yours. It can be a little crazy at times, but it's fun.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tammi! That clears things up a little. I was just wondering how some here say they had so may photos to weed through. I couldn't imagine that there would be so many photo ops without some being random/not posed. Thanks for your response!
    Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it depends on how many pictures you want to pose for. They have them around the restaurants, all around Castaway Cay, with every character. They even have Lifestyle Portraits, which are very close to studio quality. They are amazing when you go and look at all the ones from other families and groups. We had one last year made with Sorcerer Mickey... not too often you have a professional... REAL professional photograph with him!

It all depends on what you want done. We enjoy the pictures, as we hardly get family portraits done anymore. We give them as souvies, and they are really nice.

If you aren't into posing with characters (sometimes the lines are long) and don't really do the sets in the atrium, there really won't be hardly any pictures done. There is no obligation to buy, so you can take as many as you'd like! The do wander around CC, and those are very cute. On sea days, they may wander around the upper decks and take pictures by the pool, if I remember correctly.

As far as Shutters, they tend to keep the sets together. Example, the embarkation photos are grouped by time, characters are grouped by the day and character, dining rooms by date and room, so its pretty easy to find what you're looking for. Once you go up and look, you'll have no problem with it.

Also, they tell you not to stack, but we did. We didn't stack many, just a few in a few places. We weren't sure if we wanted a package, and most of our pictures were toward the end of the trip anyway.

You do have to buy on the ship. As far as weeding through the pictures, its just really picking the ones you like best, because most of them are so great! The worst part is weeding through the people! Shutters can only open when they are on the sea, and for a few hours on debarkation day. That makes very busy! The last days are usually crowded, as people tend to do exactly what we did this last trip. So, look early!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Morgan! That is great info! I appreciate your response!
    Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that the Photo pass used at WDW can be used on the cruise also, is this true?
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"

Walt Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Photopass is not available on the ship or at Castaway Cay (yet).
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: