Quantcast Packing for late Aug trip ? Are sweatshirts/pants needed at all?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Packing for late Aug trip ? Are sweatshirts/pants needed at all?

I'm starting to think about the packing next week...and wondering if we'll need to bring any sweatshirts or pants? I know it's super hot in FL in Aug...but does it cool off at night enough to bring a sweatshirt for the kids?? Thanks for any tips. 10 days and counting.
    BCV- April '09 Beach Club Villas w/friends (9 kids- 18 of us total)
    ASSp- Aug '08- free dining
    AKV Savanna and SSR - Sept-Oct '07
    DVC Members-Saratoga Springs as of Aug '06
    YC- Oct '04 (first trip for our 5 kids)
    Former FL resident w/numerous day visits in '80's & '90's.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now it looks like the rest of August will follow the normal pattern of highs in the low 90s and lows in the low to mid 70s. Since 75 is a hot summer day for you Yankees I wouldn't think you would need any kind of cool weather clothing. Plus, it's still pretty humid at night which makes it feel warmer. You might want a pair of sweatpants for the room, but that's probably it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a light sweater/long sleeve shirt for air conditioning but it doesn't cool off enough in the evenings to warrant a sweatshirt.

Post Thanks / Like

its still 75-80 at night, with some humidity. I can't imagine needing a sweatshirt in Florida during the summer, even at night..

Post Thanks / Like

I used to pack a few pairs of jeans and sweatshirts for our trip in Sept but I have to tell you it's so hot and humid that time of year that I have never needed any of it. I figure if by the grace of god they ever have a cold snap at that time, I'll just buy myself a Disney sweatshirt.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I figure if by the grace of god they ever have a cold snap at that time, I'll just buy myself a Disney sweatshirt.
    I was thinking the same thing. Great excuse for a souvenir.

Post Thanks / Like

We're leaving tonight. (yeah!) The only pair of long pants we are bring will be worn on the airplane to and from Florida. The only short-sleeved shirt we are bring will be for the same purpose. Other than that, it's only tank-tops and shorts (and dresses for the girls).

Although we do take light windbreakers that pack up small in case it gets cold on the plane. They also double as rain jackets for the off-chance that it rains in WDW.
    Stan
    11/72 CR 10/73 PR 7/75 PR 7/77 PR 8/79 PR 7/81 PR 7/83 PR 7/85 PR 8/87 Grosvenor 6/89 PR 7/90 CBR 7/92 POR 8/97 POFQ 6/99 POR 9/00 BWV 1/03 OKW 6/03 POR 8/03 BCV 5/05 BWV 5/06 BCV 12/06 SSR 1/07 ASMv 8/08 BCV 1/09 BWV 8/09 PR 1/10 PC 5/11 PC 7/11 AKL&BCV 1/13 OKW 6/13 BCV&AKL 1/15 OKW 7/16 PR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sdewan View Post
    Although we do take light windbreakers that pack up small in case it gets cold on the plane. They also double as rain jackets for the off-chance that it rains in WDW.
    There's more than an off-chance. You'll definitely be dealing with some rain (especially in the afternoon) over the next few days.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

That was my attempt at humor. I fully expect to be wet at least 50% of the upcoming week. We will have our ponchos ready and will not let it interfere with our fun.
    Stan
    11/72 CR 10/73 PR 7/75 PR 7/77 PR 8/79 PR 7/81 PR 7/83 PR 7/85 PR 8/87 Grosvenor 6/89 PR 7/90 CBR 7/92 POR 8/97 POFQ 6/99 POR 9/00 BWV 1/03 OKW 6/03 POR 8/03 BCV 5/05 BWV 5/06 BCV 12/06 SSR 1/07 ASMv 8/08 BCV 1/09 BWV 8/09 PR 1/10 PC 5/11 PC 7/11 AKL&BCV 1/13 OKW 6/13 BCV&AKL 1/15 OKW 7/16 PR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: