Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Um, no? You don't carry a digital camera to take a photo of the room number in the morning? You can scroll through your photos and look at the number if you have forgotten.

There will not be photos on them. Ellen is just going to print out the same ones we had in October.
    Nope, we just check each other out to see if anybody has their underwear on the outside of our clothes. Everybody got their teeth? Hearing aids charged? One more trip to the bathroom, and we're ready to roll. Can anyone identify with this?

We don't need to remember where our room is - we nap in the park.
    Last edited by Marilyn Michetti; 08-12-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Forgot my question, again
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all your well wishes and I'm happy to report that Minnie is safe and sound. I actually think she was hiding in the house, but it was very strange as she always comes when I call her (mostly because she thinks I'm going to give her something to eat) and I called her for over an hour and she didn't make a peep. After one of my searches I came in and she was in the living room. I don't know if that meant she came back through the door or was there all along but I gave her a hug and then scolded her for being a bad girl and making me worry!! Bad girl!!

So how's the morning treating everyone? I'm exhausted as you can imagine, but on the upside once I got to sleep last night I slept really well. I never sleep good when Mike's out of town so that was a plus!

Hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday, I'll check in later Thanks again!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

GOOD MORNING ! First of all, Sarah I'm so happy Minnie is safe and sound.

I sent mom off this morning, and their plane should be taking off soon. I hope all involved have a wonderful time.

My day is starting off great. I brewed my coffee, and turned on the news. Guess what? Dunkin Donuts re-opened this morning. I'm going to get one (1) on my way to DD's house. If I get six, I'll eat six, so it's one per trip - I'm totally addicted, and have gone without for three or four months. Lord, give me strength. I'm going to be like a wino with a bottle of Ripple in a paper sack.

Everybody is welcome to join me - bring your own paper sack, and we'll go on a group "toot".
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green

Post Thanks / Like

ZOOP again, I still haven't caught up with reading but wanted to drop in....
    I hope all of you amazing people are having a great day. I've taken the last couple of days to find my "chi" but so far I've only found my "cha-cha-cha"
    Take care of yourselves.
    BTW Sarah, can you PM me that # again? My phone went completely dead yesterday and they couldn't fix it. I had it stored in the phone not thinking and now it's gone.....
    to those who need it and to all........
    Another BTW, Bethany, I noticed you're back in JQ. Good to see you and glad you're back!
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    I've taken the last couple of days to find my "chi" but so far I've only found my "cha-cha-cha"
    So.... you want to dance ?????

Hey, I'll cha-cha-cha with you any day !
    Maybe in December !

Hope your chi returns before you lose you cha-cha-cha !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Guess what? Dunkin Donuts re-opened this morning. I'm going to get one (1) on my way to DD's house.
    Oooh I them too! What kind did you get? Boston Kreme is my favorite!

Attn: TikiGoddess aka Kathy
    I saw your facebook message. What is the next step in your contest, do we get to vote for you soon? Keep us informed, we really want you to come in Dec!

Aloha to everyone else!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad that Minnie's home, safe and sound. Is there a way to put a bell or something on that pet door?

I've taken the last couple of days to find my "chi" but so far I've only found my "cha-cha-cha"
    Don't you need chi to cha-cha-cha?

Guess what? Dunkin Donuts re-opened this morning. I'm going to get one (1) on my way to DD's house.

Everybody is welcome to join me - bring your own paper sack, and we'll go on a group "toot".
    Are you taking orders?

A group "toot"? What exactly does that involve???

Nat, it occurred to me that the leftover carbonara would have been great for breakfast, however... there wasn't any! A certain someone demolished it! It's nice to have the dish back in my repertoire though (and I found a good price for pancetta too).

Back to work for me! Later, s!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post

Attn: TikiGoddess aka Kathy
    I saw your facebook message. What is the next step in your contest, do we get to vote for you soon? Keep us informed, we really want you to come in Dec!

Aloha to everyone else!
    The contest voting starts on Sunday. Don't worry, I'll let you know when it does... you'll be sick of me by the end of the ten day voting period.

My day is starting off great. I brewed my coffee, and turned on the news. Guess what? Dunkin Donuts re-opened this morning. I'm going to get one (1) on my way to DD's house. If I get six, I'll eat six, so it's one per trip - I'm totally addicted, and have gone without for three or four months. Lord, give me strength. I'm going to be like a wino with a bottle of Ripple in a paper sack.
    Ah, yes, Dunkin' Donuts. It's as if there is a superpowered magnet in the store that draws my car there every time I'm on the road. It's crazy! We try and keep visits to long road trips (like when we drive 3 hrs to see my parents) but who am I kidding... there's one on my way to work...

Today has been busy as DH went into school to do some bulletin boards. So the girls and I went to the library and the playground (left just in time to dodge the latest rainstorm). I worked on some of my figures for Saturday's cake -- if I can find my camera I'll post a pic of them.

Must run, 'quiet time' is over and the girls are clamoring for attention. Hopefully I'll get to check in on y'all later. Tomorrow I get the majority of the day to myself!!! I was thinking of going big and going to Boston to go shopping....

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    A group "toot"? What exactly does that involve???
    i think it happens when you eat possum.

glad to hear minnie is back. i was very worried. feels like fall here today. how is everyone's day going?

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    glad to hear minnie is back. i was very worried.
    kate
    Thanks Kate Did I ever tell you you're the best? Thanks for all your kind thoughts about Minnie, I don't know what I'd do without her.

So tonight I get to go home and try some more dog door training, anyone want to come help? I really wanted this to be down pat by the time we left for Disney but I really have a feeling that's not going to happen. Oh well, my housesitter was used to the old system so she won't be expecting anything different!

So almost headed home to veg out and watch the Olympics. Keep it rubber side down everyone love ya!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

i think it happens when you eat possum.

glad to hear minnie is back. i was very worried. feels like fall here today. how is everyone's day going?

kate
    Nah, no possum. In Philadelphia, there was someone in every alley enjoying the bubbly, or sleeping one off. Nobody bothered them, so I'm thinking, we could take our coffee and donuts where we could be alone - not a soul pointing fingers, and no-one asking for a bite.

Sound good? (We don't have to sit on the ground though, - I'd never be able to get up).
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    It's called Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs and the ISBN no. is 0-7868-5331-X. Have you any idea how many Disney cookery books I have?
    Mikki, you rock... thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Are you referring to me ???
    Now, see how well you recognized yourself?? You and Alex, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    She had built their website. So they gave her a ride in the balloon.

With her down the next day we find my dad is up! We didn't think he was going to pull out but somehow managed.
    Unfortunately, the docs say that he will not be able to return home. The told us to find a nursing home for him b/c we can't be managed at home anymore.

Deb, that's kinda creepy. Right before Katrina they told everyone staying in low lying areas to write their names w/ permanent marker on their leg so we could ID them after the storm... too creepy for me...
    That is so cool!! I love the picture!

Sorry to hear that... I remember going through that with my dad, it wasn't easy...

... and you're right, that is totally creepy.... gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Thank you for all your well wishes and I'm happy to report that Minnie is safe and sound.
    Sarah, I'm so glad to hear Minnie's okay... what a relief!! Cats are so funny & smart... I truly hope she was hiding, otherwise she's just realized she's found another way to keep you on your toes!!

(and what does keeping it "rubber side down" mean?? I've been wanting to ask....I'm trying, whatever it means.... )

I've taken the last couple of days to find my "chi" but so far I've only found my "cha-cha-cha".
    Hey, better a "cha-cha-cha" than nothing... I bet the "chi" is just around the corner!!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Tomorrow I get the majority of the day to myself!!! I was thinking of going big and going to Boston to go shopping....
    Sigh... I so totally miss shopping in Boston... buy something "for me", okay?

how is everyone's day going?
    Our day was good -- after my MiL got here, we chatted a bit and went shopping... headed to the LLBean outlet, JoAnn's (wow -- the on we went to is a HUGE store and has a frightful amount of Disney stuff...), TJ Maxx and Target... the girls made out like bandits in the shoe department, I just got a skirt... then it was time for dinner and I made gumbo again -- this time I used different sausage and it was SO hot!! I mean REALLY !!! So now we're all getting ready to cool off with some sundaes....

How is everyone else doing tonight?? I hope you've all had an excellent day -- I'll check in later, okay? Anyone want a sundae??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl;
    , JoAnn's (wow -- the on we went to is a HUGE store and has a frightful amount of Disney stuff...),
    How is everyone else doing tonight?? I hope you've all had an excellent day -- I'll check in later, okay? Anyone want a sundae??
    yes to the sundae. and where was that joann's????

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Glad Minnie is back. What's a joannes?

Is there sundae left? And a good price on pancetta is a find indeed!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Sigh... I so totally miss shopping in Boston... buy something "for me", okay?

Our day was good -- after my MiL got here, we chatted a bit and went shopping... headed to the LLBean outlet, JoAnn's (wow -- the on we went to is a HUGE store and has a frightful amount of Disney stuff...), TJ Maxx and Target... the girls made out like bandits in the shoe department, I just got a skirt... then it was time for dinner and I made gumbo again -- this time I used different sausage and it was SO hot!! I mean REALLY !!! So now we're all getting ready to cool off with some sundaes....
    I miss shopping in the US - I need some US retail therapy!!!

Offwego, Joannes is like Michaels and Fabric Land all rolled into one, except cheaper!! In January I was in a Joannes in FL, the after christmas deals were so good, I did some of my Christmas shopping for this year then!

Blythe, do a little shopping for me okay?

Nope, we just check each other out to see if anybody has their underwear on the outside of our clothes. Everybody got their teeth? Hearing aids charged? One more trip to the bathroom, and we're ready to roll. Can anyone identify with this?

We don't need to remember where our room is - we nap in the park.
    Wow - I am SO sorry to be missing the upcoming meet! The undies on the outside sounds like a site to be seen, please take a lot of pictures!

Things have just been hectic around here lately, yesterday was rain,rain,rain and today was go,go,go. Tomorrow I am taking the boys up to the airport to see the police helicopter! I hope they don't get called out before we arrive, Brandon will be so excited - sounds like a scrapbook moment!

Speaking of scrapbook, I got a call from a local store asking me to teach there! I have never taught before so wish me luck on Friday October 17th!

Well, I think I am heading to bed soon. I bought a new whole grain cereal today and I am wiling to share it in the am if there are any takers, although Mailyns Dunkin Donuts sound MUCH more appealing!

to all those in need!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, I'm so glad to hear Minnie's okay... what a relief!! Cats are so funny & smart... I truly hope she was hiding, otherwise she's just realized she's found another way to keep you on your toes!!

(and what does keeping it "rubber side down" mean?? I've been wanting to ask....I'm trying, whatever it means.... )
    Thanks for the thought on Minnie, she sure is a brat. We did a little more door training today with hot dogs. I got all of them to come through a few times. One time Scooter shot from outside to inside like she was on fire. She got a big piece of hot dog for that!!

"keep it rubber side down" is a motorcycle phrase based on the fact if there isn't rubber touching the ground, you're in trouble. I guess I never thought that it was confusing, Mike says it all the time at the track. I guess it could apply to cars to, don't want to have the rubber on them up either!! LOL

How's the evening? After last night I have just been vegging, feels good. I'm off to take a hot bath and watch some more of the Olympics. Gotta check out Michael Phelps again. Hope you are having a great one to you all!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

G'night everyone. Tomorrow I'm headed -- not to Boston -- but to the outlets on the CT shore. There are some clearance racks calling my name...

Tomorrow is also d-day for the photo caption. (can you tell I'm a little obsessed with this contest??) Thanks to all who gave input on facebook!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    Neither does my DH-to-be. I don't even know how to warn him really.
    I know...where do you begin???
    Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    T & G just don't put cookies on your DH and he should be fine.
    Well, thats where DH would fit right in. Never trust him with cookies, he's known to inhale them!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I usually write my room # on my tummy in Sharpee marker.... in case I forget. Does anyone else do anything like that?
    So do you have to flash everyone to check your room number?
    We're thinking the Thursday evening before we go... we leave the following Tuesday. I've got a treasure hunt that'll lead them to our Magic Kingdom game, and then the last clue is a word search that leaves them with letters that spell out that we're going to Disneyworld! I can't wait... it's been so hard not to spill the beans!!
    Make sure and have the video camera rolling!
    What is this decaf you speak of?

Skip the coffee are you mad man?
    Yep, we're going to get along great in December!
    Okay, gotta run... the vacuum's calling... ... anybody have any espresso???
    Wow. What kind of vacuum do you have? Mine has never called my name. Maybe I have it on mute?

Busy day. This is the first chance I've had to sit down. Just planning to settle in and maybe watch some Olympics. How was everyone's day?

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it, but I really dislike JoAnn's. I have never been impressed with their cottons. From what I understand is that they take the seconds to keep the price cheaper. Flower, did you know that JoAnn's get part of their fabric from Fabricland's main supplier, which is owned by the owner of Fabricland? The fabric's we supply JoAnn's are cheaper up here. I'd die to be able to go to Hobby Lobby more often. Hobby Lobby is my craft store of choice, it really makes JoAnn's and Micheals look sick. They have more stuff and even better prices. I spent 3 hours in a Hobby Lobby one day with my friend...after that my DD refused to go shopping with my friend and I. To this day she hates to go to Hobby Lobby with me!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

yes to the sundae. and where was that joann's????
    It's ready & waiting for you... and it's the one in Fayetteville. Just go prepared...

Is there sundae left?
    Yup -- here's one for you, too....

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    IBlythe, do a little shopping for me okay?
    (and congrats on the chance to teach -- that's so cool!!)

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    "keep it rubber side down" is a motorcycle phrase based on the fact if there isn't rubber touching the ground, you're in trouble. I guess I never thought that it was confusing, Mike says it all the time at the track. I guess it could apply to cars to, don't want to have the rubber on them up either!! LOL
    Makes sense... kind-of thought it had something to do with cars or bikes, figured anything going "rubber side up" sounded bad... I'll have to try it on Dan, who grew up going to the car race-track, see if he's heard it...

Hope you've all had a good day -- I'll see you in the morning! What's for breakfast??

(Kate, when are you on again??)
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: