Quantcast Rides we love to hate! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arteephact View Post

Just remembered one more...I am probably in the great minority for this one, but I hate Soarin. I really wish I had the Kitchen Kabaret back after riding that.
    Love Soarin'. Don't remember Kitchen Kabaret, but I can't imagine it being in the same league as Soarin'.

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    One I haven't seen mentioned yet....Sounds Dangerous simply the worst waste of space on Disney property. Regardless of the fact that I loved the Monster Sound Show and DW and I both participated, Sounds Dangerous is just a lousy attraction, not worthy of space in a Disney theme park.

Nice place to stop in, get off your feet, cool off, and comfortably close your eyes for 10 minutes without fear of missing anything. Not the best attraction for sure, but infinitely better than that foul breathed beast Stitch!
    Before Kids:
    Off-Site - September/91 & September/92

With Kids:
    Off-site - November/03 & September/05
    FREE DINING:
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/06 (w/ my parents)
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/07
    POP Century - Aug/Sept/08 (w/Bro's family)
    POP Century - Sept/09 (NO KIDS!!!!!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    One I haven't seen mentioned yet....Sounds Dangerous simply the worst waste of space on Disney property. Regardless of the fact that I loved the Monster Sound Show and DW and I both participated, Sounds Dangerous is just a lousy attraction, not worthy of space in a Disney theme park.

Agreed, Sounds Dangerous is just overall...TERRIBLE.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I miss Mr. Toad, Pooh is just as good. When Buzz was added I couldn't remember what it replaced. So obviously this ride is better. Stitch or alien Encounter, neither. Laugh Floor is also a good addition as well. So I'm on record as liking the new updates.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ParkMan View Post
    In general, I like the new rides.

Test Track & Mission Space are both very good rides.

I think Stitch is a fine ride - definitely not in the favorites category, but it is a good ride.

The only one I'm not a big fan of is the Laugh Floor.
    The Laugh Floor was pretty good the first couple of times. I like the idea that they're using the technology that they use in Turtle Talk to make it more interactive. However, it's pretty much the same jokes after you've been a few times.

My first time to WDW was in this century, so I have never ridden any of the rides that people have brought up as being replaced. I have been on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but at DL.

I should say that I had ridden El Rio de Tiempo, and I liked that better than the Three Caballeros ride, but the kids like seing Donald on the ride, and it introduced them to one of the less popular animated movies. I'd bet that most kids don't even know about the Three Caballeros.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that I am probably about 50/50 on old versus new rides.

For example, I love Mission to Mars (or the bumpy bottom ride, as it was dubbed in our family) over the newer rides but prefer the interactivity of Buzz to Dreamflight.

TT and WoM are fairly comparable but M:S pips Horizons to the post because it's the closest I'll ever get to space.

I just wish they could have found a way to keep or improve the Skyway as it offered a lovely perspective of the MK

I think overall it's a truly lucky person who gets to choose between the old and new magic as it just means that they have seen that much more of the 'world'. Nostalgia is wonderful, but so are brand new shiny adventures
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

Post Thanks / Like

Taking out any memory of the old rides, heres what I can think of...4 being great and 1 being bad

1) Stitch - 2
    2) M.I.L.F. -3
    3) Mission:Space: 4
    4) Test Track: 4
    5) Journey: 2-3
    6) Grand Fiesta Tour- 1
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spiderkd View Post

I think overall it's a truly lucky person who gets to choose between the old and new magic as it just means that they have seen that much more of the 'world'. Nostalgia is wonderful, but so are brand new shiny adventures
    Couldn't have said it better....I have enjoyed each and every trip....not for what was missing, but for what was there. I do have fond memories of trips past, but Disney has kept it new by changing. My family has favorites....and sometimes, as we change, our favorites change. Sometimes, DW and I talk about about DD#2 and her late DGM riding If You had Wings again and again on our first trip in 75...or riding Horizons again and again with DS#2....or DW teaching DS#1 several new words, as DW rode Space Mountain for the first (and only) time....or riding Space Mtn 26 times on a single trip with DD#1...nostalgia has its place...and changes cannot cancel fond memories. Now, I do the new rides with some combination of my 7 DGK's...Life has been good....no, life is good!
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    On pooh maybe, at least our pooh is better than the one at dl....but they have both it and Mr.Toad
    Yes but at DL they took out Country Bear to add Pooh, that is what bummed me out. I grew up in So. California and was extreamly disappointed to find out they had removed one the park's staples. to me it was like removing POTC or HM. I was happy to see DW still had it. It might not be a favorite, but to me it IS Disney! Yes, and I agree, at least DL did not remove Toad
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Mission to Mars was cool and I really liked Mr. Toad's but the new rides are fun with my kids. Alien Encounter was ok but they seem to have this cool space with good restraints and only an ok ride. I wish they would do somethihng really great with it. I don't know what but it just takes 1 great idea!!! I do love Test track.
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: