Quantcast Need Advice for buying a stroller - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default stroller

Maclaren makes a couple different versions of their strollers the Volo $120 is nice but it dosen't recline the triumph $140 is the stroller we have and the seat reclines it was great when our son fell asleep in the parks we could just wheel it onto the monorail if your staying close to the MK no need to wake them up.
    I think bringing your own is better sanitation wise and also would be more comfortable for your child. If your looking to save money on it try EBAY I saw some for sale, a little cheeper than the store even with shipping or look for a Babies R US coupon we were there and they were giving a 15% off coupon.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1EeyoreFan View Post
    DD is 3 and we have a Maclaren Volvo and a Chicco. The Maclaren holds up to 55 lbs. but does not recline. The basket is nice but no drink holder. I also have a Chicco C6 style that reclines slightly and is very easy to manuever. We are bringing the Chicco to Disney in Sept. as is does recline every so slightly. We took the Volvo last trip and DD kept falling forward when sleeping. Both models are lightweight and fold easily for the buses. They both have carrying straps and small baskets. Both work well for an older child that does not want to ride in the stroller full time.
    We bought the Volo for our toddler. He too was uncomfortable in it. It doesn't recline and there is no cup holder. It was SUPER smooth and does hold up to 55lbs. It's also VERY easy to fold up, but ultimately my toddler just didn't want to be in it.

Then I found the Chicco C5 on Amazon. It was only $89 with free shipping. It does recline and has a cup holder. The color is orange (easy to find in a crowd) and the handles are taller. My son LOVES this stroller. It also has a smooth ride. It's a little heavier than the Volo, but he doesn't mind sitting in it. The only thing I don't like is how short the canopy is. One final bonus, the Chicco C5 comes with a rain cover. For the Volo, it's an added option (and more $$).
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend the Maclaren Volo. We got ours online for only $80 before our last disney trip. When the wife told me we needed this stroller for our trip I was skeptical considering we already had an umbrella, jogger, and some other massive stroller that was not cheap. Let me tell you once we got to Disney I was sold on the Maclaren. This thing is the sports car of strollers. I was weaving in and out of traffic the whole trip. It doesn't recline, but our son was still able to nap at the park in it and the canopy worked great for the sun. Our 2007 Volo came with a raincover (included - no additional charge)...it fits great and it nice and small. Plus it is easy to carry. It comes with a strap and is super light.

Post Thanks / Like

All I have to say is Maclaren!!! I am on my 2nd Maclaren stroller and I absolutely love it!!! I bought the first one when my daughter who is now almost 8 was 16 months old. Back then the only place you could get them was online. Now you can get a nice maclaren stroller at babies r us for $100. I just bought the Volo for my son and it is great! When I was at Disney World this past January, some guy stopped me and asked how I like the maclaren strollers and I told him they are fabulous!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We bought a Chicco Capri for DD's first trip at 2 1/2 and she loved it. Still does - used it again this year at 4 1/2. Has a slight recline, enough for her to comfortably nap. Has a canopy, handles are taller than most umbrella strollers, folds easily, 11 lbs, carry strap, small basket, we added a net bag on the back which really helps for storage, available in bright colors making it easier to pick out in the crowd...
    1980 off-site
    1988 off-site
    1995 CBR
    2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013 SOG
    2014 DoubleTree Suites

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my vote: Chicco Trevi stroller

For my DS 3yo I bought a new stroller for my Disney trip in June. I wanted him to be comfortable if he fell asleep, and I also wanted a front tray for snacks and drinks. I test drove the Chicco Trevi stroller in Babies R Us, which was a bit over $100, but to me it was worth every penny. It has extra large wheels for easy one-handed maneuvering, a nice basket underneath, great ergonomic handles, adjustable recline seat, 5 point harness and a removable front tray. I did not need another stroller, but I absolutely love this stroller!

I also purchased the airport gate check bag (so the stroller would not get filty in the underbelly of the plane), and it fit in there just fine with the front wheels removed and tossed into the bag.

The stroller is lightweight (13 lbs I believe) and extremely easy to fold up. It folds up like an umbrella stroller, and just lock the wheels and you can stand this baby up on the buses!

It is a great middle of the road option for the dilemma of a cheapie umbrella stroller vs. the big bulky stroller you do not want to drag around WDW.

Hint: BRU often has coupons out for $10 or $20 off a stroller purchase over $100, so keep an eye out for them

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for all of the advice. I am going to go to Babies R Us and test drive some strollers with mny son. I have called and called to try to get coupons from BRU, and never get them. WE used to get them before we moved and for whatever reason, they have stopped sending them. If anyone has a stroller coupon they do not want, I would love to have it. Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Greco Quatro Tour. I just purchased it for the very same reason, my other stroller was breaking my back. I have a 35 lb 3 year old and a 20 lb 6 month old. I love it!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Chicco Capri Stroller. It is light weight (11 lbs. I think) and folds nicely. I have taken out a sleeping child, folded it and boarded the Disney bus all by myself without waking the child. (Maybe that was just my lucky day.) It's not too expensive, about $70 and it reclines a little. The storage underneath is a little small.
    Last edited by Beast_fanatic; 08-07-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I get this catalog with all sorts of baby stuff in it called One Step Ahead. They have the coolest stroller for Disney I have ever seen. It folds up completely into what looks like the size of a large backpack. It's called the Cielo Evolution.
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Maclaren Volo for our upcoming trip from The Right Start. It was $99 with free shipping and it got here in 1 day after they shipped it. I checked out Babies R Us but the Volo they carried was last years model. I preferred the newer model because it was covered in a light weight cloth material. The older model has more mesh and looked much less comfortable.

Oh, I also purchased a Maclaren organizer ($20) which clips onto the handle bars and is great for cups, water bottles and has a large pouch for other items.
    79, 81- Offsite
    84- Contemporary
    89- CBR
    91- Offsite
    93- Shades of Green
    6/04- AKL & WL
    7/04- AKL
    5/05- AKL Club
    3/08- AKL
    9/08- AKL
    1/09- AKL/ Poly Club

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the Wendy Bellissimo umbrella stroller that is available at Toys r us and Babies r us. Almost the same as the Maclaren Volo but this one reclines. My son was also more comfortable in the Bellissimo. He is now 43 lbs and this stroller can hold up to 55 lbs. The stroller is sooo easy to close and it has a carry strap, 5 reclining positions, adjustable leg rest, basket, canopy....only thing I will have to get is a new organizer for it as my old stroller had a full bar across and this one has 2 handles that are much taller then my old stroller.

Check it out.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maclaren is the best

I have to say I agree with all those who have posted about the Macleren models. We bought one before our trip last August and it was the best. Light, packable, and comfortable for our 4 year old. Most are rated up to 50 pounds so they last for a while. They are sturdy and rugged, and they are definately worth the money! Check around on the web too, ours was a "last years model" and was a lot cheaper!
    EmsParents
    June 2016--POFQ
    October 2015--AS Music
    June 2014--Pop
    June 2013--Pop
    August 2012--POFQ
    December 2011--CS
    October 2010--Pop
    August 2009--CBR
    November 2008--Pop
    August 2007--Pop
    January 2007--Pop
    December 2005--POR
    November 2004--POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We are leaving in 4 weeks, and for my almost 5 year old I bought a Combi on Amazon for $55 plus shipping. It is also very light weight and can hold up to 55 pounds. I have been very pleased with it....
    Carol Ann
    Mom Mom to 2 little China dolls
    Lucy Rae & Mia Lee

CSR - Nov 29th to Dec 5th

POP - Sept 19th to 26th, 2008

OKW - Aug 26th - Sept. 1st, 2007
    P&P Party August 31st, 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like the combi because there are large plastic and metal parts that stick up on the arm rests when you take off the safety bar.

My son doesn't need the safety bar and when he tried to get in and out of the stroller, he kept getting caught on the parts sticking up.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, So I went to get a stroller tonight and have to share my awesome deal. I went to look at all of the strollers that were suggested but fell instantly in love with the MacLaren. So I immediately went towards the volo, because it was the cheaper one but my hubbie liked the triumph. So i said we could get the triumph for 160.00. Well on the shelf there was a 2007 one sitting there for 125.00. So I said we will take that one. She THEN informs me that it is an extra 20% off because it is clearence so that brings it to 103. She then told me that I could still use the $25 off coupon (thanks to Lisa) so that brought it down to 75.00. I just can't get over the deal I got, and my son loves it and looks so much more comfortable. So YAY for me and a million thanks to Lisa for the coupon, and thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'm sooooo happy, and one step closer to Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

What an Awesome Deal I'm sure you're going to love the Triumph as much as we do!!
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another vote the MacLaren Volo. My sister bought one for last year's trip. The previous two years the other strollers were a pain to constantly fold up and carry on and off the buses. Last year I thought the Volo was amazing. It was so easy and light. Also, it is a little taller so for me as a guy I didn't mind pushing it. My sister actually bought another one for this year's trip so we don't have to fight over who gets to push it.

Another tip on getting them cheap is to look for the previous year's model. I don't know what they change every year but they do something.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: